Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 116 Posts

· Registered
EV6 Wind AWD w/Tech Package
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kia puts out software updates twice per year for their normal and navigation radios in April/May and October/November. The updates for both radios generally come pretty close together and they just released an update today for their normal radios, so the update for the navigation radios like the EV6 has should be out within a few days! I'm hoping there is some good stuff in it considering all the feedback they've been getting.

Anyway, I know the EV6 has OTA capabilities, but that won't be instant for everyone. They have to push out the updates and with how OTA updates have gone so far, I wouldn't hold my breath... So I put together a quick video on how to manually update your software in your EV6 if you're like me and want it right away :D

· Registered
2 Posts
Unfortunately, this is not the update I was hoping for. Mine took less than 30 min but does nothing for phone auto projection. Still have to manually plug my phone in in order to get Android Auto or Carplay. I spoke with a Kia rep a month ago and he told me the update that will allow auto projection would happen in Nov, so I guess, fingers crossed there will be one more update before the year is out.

· Registered
17 Posts
Unfortunately, this is not the update I was hoping for. Mine took less than 30 min but does nothing for phone auto projection. Still have to manually plug my phone in in order to get Android Auto or Carplay. I spoke with a Kia rep a month ago and he told me the update that will allow auto projection would happen in Nov, so I guess, fingers crossed there will be one more update before the year is out.
This update is not for EV6, EV6 is not listed in the list of eligible vehicles. So don’t worry, let’s wait two more days

· Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
UPDATE IS AVAILABLE

Edit: Testing now, but the EV6 update version is the same as the previous - 05042022. Other vehicles have 10112022. I'm wondering if they are going to make us use OTA only...

Edit 2: For the EV6, it's the same update as before. Just installed. Sadly no new features.

· Registered
17 Posts
UPDATE IS AVAILABLE

Edit: Testing now, but the EV6 update version is the same as the previous - 05042022. Other vehicles have 10112022. I'm wondering if they are going to make us use OTA only...

Edit 2: For the EV6, it's the same update as before. Just installed. Sadly no new features.
This is really hilarious by looking at the eligible vehicle list and see only EV6 got the old map and software version.

· Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I just checked Hyundai's NAV update and this is also happen to our bro IONIQ5, so it must not be an accident but hopefully something special for us would finally come.
View attachment 9747
Yeah I saw that we might possibly be getting a separate update next month for the EV6 (and Ioniq 5). Fingers crossed!

· Registered
936 Posts
UPDATE IS AVAILABLE

Yup I noticed that the download was still the May version by opening the "2022_EV6_USA.ver" file; doing this first saved me the trouble of installing it for naught.

1 - 20 of 116 Posts