Kia EV6 Forum banner
41 - 60 of 116 Posts

·
Administrator
Ordered July 21 Yacht Blue GT Line S AWD with Heat Pump Arrived 14 May 2022
3,350 Posts
I would love a simplified main dash with a speedometer smack in the middle. Or at least the option of turning off the stuff in the middle. None of those options are currently anything I really need to see front-and-center on a moment-by-moment basis.
Agree, I like the look of the Sportage dash behind the steering wheel, with we had the same.

·
Registered
2022 Gravity Blue Wind AWD + Tech
52 Posts
Thanks above, I have not noticed any major difference after the update, my son found a clock added in the upper right corner of the backup camera screen, and that's all so far...o_O
Ok I'm not just crazy. I wasn't sure if it was there before, but it felt new.

Attachments

·
Registered
924 Posts
One thing that apparently got changed with the update is that you can no longer select the audio Surround mode directly from the Sound settings screen (Setup -> Sound); it used to be you could go to that screen and choose between Authentic, Surround, and Custom sound modes; now all you can do from that screen is adjust the Custom setting--in order to choose between the three different audio modes you have to go to the Radio screen and select the mode from there.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Dinesh-ev

Like you tried to do update this morning and just to do due diligence checked to make sure car was still eligible. EV6 is not listed, funny latest MY was a 2020 Forte. I feel bad for those who did download, system may now have bugs in the infotainment system. Way to go Kia

·
Registered
26 Posts
One thing that apparently got changed with the update is that you can no longer select the audio Surround mode directly from the Sound settings screen (Setup -> Sound); it used to be you could go to that screen and choose between Authentic, Surround, and Custom sound modes; now all you can do from that screen is adjust the Custom setting--in order to choose between the three different audio modes you have to go to the Radio screen and select the mode from there.
I noticed this too. Makes adjusting the sound scheme during CarPlay no longer possible as far as I can tell. Frustrating change. I believe the setting in BT, Radio or natural sounds are unique to those inputs.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The updates was just disappeared for all Gen5W navigations. I downloaded it yesterday and just find a usb drive today and was trying to download it again, it shows there is no update available to download. Be careful guys there might be some dangerous bug in the newest update so they have to drop all of them.

·
Registered
104 Posts
For those who already downloaded and installed, I would not worry too much about bugs. This happened for the May update as well and there were no issues for those who installed it before it disappeared. The update appeared again after a week or so.

·
Registered
1 of 300 ON, GTA
137 Posts
Same has happened for the Canadian version. No download listed today for the 2022 EV6, nor for the 2020 Kia Soul EV.

They were both there last night (Friday) and I downloaded both. I was able to install the Soul EV update but the EV6 update failed. I thought it might have been a problem with the USB stick or a bad download. However, it is clear the problem is with the software. The Soul EV seems to be OK so far.

Yesterday I excitedly posted on the Canadian portion of the forum that the EV6 update was available. Today I had to go back and edit my post to correct what was unintentional misinformation. Kind of embarrassing to have to do.

Very disappointing that Kia has not put out a message regarding pulling the software. But that is typical in my experience on the part of Kia Canada, poor communications with owners.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Same has happened for the Canadian version. No download listed today for the 2022 EV6, nor for the 2020 Kia Soul EV.

They were both there last night (Friday) and I downloaded both. I was able to install the Soul EV update but the EV6 update failed. I thought it might have been a problem with the USB stick or a bad download. However, it is clear the problem is with the software. The Soul EV seems to be OK so far.

Yesterday I excitedly posted on the Canadian portion of the forum that the EV6 update was available. Today I had to go back and edit my post to correct what was unintentional misinformation. Kind of embarrassing to have to do.

Very disappointing that Kia has not put out a message regarding pulling the software. But that is typical in my experience on the part of Kia Canada, poor communications with owners.

I just checked the update page - 10/29, 4pm PST - the EV6 is not listed as a vehicle for the new Nav update. I saw it listed a few days ago. DId Kia correct something - not meant to push to EV6's in the US. Or, could I be in the wrong place, site wise? Anyone have any ideas? Is this showing on the web for you folks also?

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
I just checked the update page - 10/29, 4pm PST - the EV6 is not listed as a vehicle for the new Nav update. I saw it listed a few days ago. DId Kia correct something - not meant to push to EV6's in the US. Or, could I be in the wrong place, site wise? Anyone have any ideas? Is this showing on the web for you folks also?
You’re probably at the right page. Supposedly Kia pulled it this morning. It was available for one day yesterday. I’d just hang tight. They’ll make it available soon.

41 - 60 of 116 Posts