Kia EV6 Forum banner
61 - 80 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
You’re probably at the right page. Supposedly Kia pulled it this morning. It was available for one day yesterday. I’d just hang tight. They’ll make it available soon.
Thanks. Just got my new WIND AWD about a week ago. So far, from reading through the threads on this forum, I'm not super optimistic that Kia has their customer facing software management all buttoned down. Wacky way to push software updates. No you see it, now you don't. Maybe OTA, maybe USB. Other tech companies - Apple, Google, Tesla, etc. would catch hell if their customers were this unsure about when and how new software would be delivered. I get that KIa is a "car" company, but they're playing in a new space. On the other hand, I do really like the car. Sorry - just my newbie rant...

·
Registered
1 of 300 ON, GTA
137 Posts
I agree with @rmand2601. I've also thought about different cultures having different expectations. However, Kia is selling into many different cultures and needs to do a better job of understanding the expectations of the various cultures. They are good at building cars, but need to work on building relationships as far as I'm concerned.

Not enough of the 'what' and 'why' for me. Hope I'm not turning this into a gripe session.

And like @rmand2601 I really like my car. Perhaps that is why I have high expectations of Kia.

·
Registered
924 Posts
For those of you who've already installed the October update, another change I noticed is that for the built-in nav map you can no longer adjust the desired zoom level based on a specific speed--now zoom level is auto-scaled based on your current travelling speed, with the only adjustable options being to allow for max zoom in (i.e., more detail at speed), default, or max zoom out (less detail at speed).

·
Registered
47 Posts
Got in early for the Oct update. However, noticed wireless CarPlay via carlinkit 3.0 lagging on google maps for around 2-300 ft when using navigation, also with a lag responsiveness on simply using the touch screen for CarPlay. I definitely noticed this after the Oct update. Will try wired CarPlay to see if the issue still persists.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Got in early for the Oct update. However, noticed wireless CarPlay via carlinkit 3.0 lagging on google maps for around 2-300 ft when using navigation, also with a lag responsiveness on simply using the touch screen for CarPlay. I definitely noticed this after the Oct update. Will try wired CarPlay to see if the issue still persists.
Update the firmware of the carlinkit 3.0. It seems to be more responsive now and doesn't crash intermittently on long trips.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Update the firmware of the carlinkit 3.0. It seems to be more responsive now and doesn't crash intermittently on long trips.
Already updated to 2022.07.29.1625 last month and it was a huge improvement over the older Carlinkit FW, so unless there is a newer FW version for carlinkit the difference I can think of is the Kia Oct update somehow related to the lag.

·
Registered
569 Posts
new update is available....and from then on the car will support OTA updates !!

"this update will enabled the standard gen5W navigation to update the map and infotainment software wirelessly"
"From the next update onwards, your system will automatically check the availability of new software and download it in the background.The first part of the update is also automatically installed in the background."

I wonder how long it'll take to do an update, or maybe the updates will be a lot smarter now and only download the differences, which will make the size a LOT smaller.

·
Registered
14 Posts
new update is available....and from then on the car will support OTA updates !!

"this update will enabled the standard gen5W navigation to update the map and infotainment software wirelessly"
"From the next update onwards, your system will automatically check the availability of new software and download it in the background.The first part of the update is also automatically installed in the background."

I wonder how long it'll take to do an update, or maybe the updates will be a lot smarter now and only download the differences, which will make the size a LOT smaller.
Confused here - "new update is available". The October 25 Navigation and Map update doesn't list the EV6 as an eligible vehicle. I believe that when Kia first posted in October, the EV6 was up there for a few days. If you downloaded it then - good for you! Now, it appears to be neither available as a download or OTA.

Has anyone heard anything about when it will be posted for EV6's?

·
Registered
355 Posts
Confused here - "new update is available". The October 25 Navigation and Map update doesn't list the EV6 as an eligible vehicle. I believe that when Kia first posted in October, the EV6 was up there for a few days. If you downloaded it then - good for you! Now, it appears to be neither available as a download or OTA.

Has anyone heard anything about when it will be posted for EV6's?
@tangey is talking about a UK update.

We don't have OTA updates yet, but this is mean't to make it available to UK cars.

Reactions: tangey

·
Registered
924 Posts
Yes. After you purchased another device.
LOL--not to knock anyone who elected to use a third-party wireless Carplay/AA solution, but the irony of going that route surely can't be lost on those folks--namely, the need to use an external add-on wired dongle in order to achieve a wireless solution. Yes some of these wireless dongles offer additional features (e.g, casting apps like Netflix to the infotainment screen) on top of the ability to achieve a tetherless phone solution but I'm willing to bet most folks purchased them mainly for the wireless benefit.

·
Registered
1 of 300 ON, GTA
137 Posts
Further delay of the EV6 map/infotainment software update.

Please see this post I just did in the Canadian sub-forum for more info:

·
Registered
2022 Gravity Blue Wind AWD + Tech
52 Posts
I installed the October update the first time as well. It is a different version number this time, and my car took it. Currently updating now. I doubt anything will really be different, but likely some behind-the-scenes bug fixes.

61 - 80 of 116 Posts