Kia EV6 Forum banner
81 - 100 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
2022 EV6 Wind AWD White
72 Posts
For those without Windows or Mac, like me you'll have to install Wine on Linux (Ubuntu in my case). When downloading the Windows installer on my machine, I had to switch the user-agent string in the browser. Then, with Wine, you can run the installer to download the Oct 26 update. Since Wine does not support the USB drive, I had to manually copy all downloaded files. Make sure the USB drive is formatted fat32, not exfat. This copy took several hours.

But once inserted into the data port, EV6 immediately popped up the Update question box. This update seemed to take about 50 minutes or so. But after all that, what's new? I couldn't see much difference. I was hoping to see some options for the map background. Maybe I'll discover some new stuff tomorrow.

·
Registered
2022 Gravity Blue Wind AWD + Tech
52 Posts
Yeah, exFAT is fine for me too (Windows 11). Update took just under an hour.

Again, coming from the original Octiber update that got pulled, I notice no differences. The "What's New" notes on it were identical too. Must be tiny minute details/fixes.

·
Registered
2022 Wind-AWD-Tech
91 Posts
I was hoping this update would update the maps as well but no, the development I live in still isn't on the map.
Are you saying it does not update the map, or just that it didn't have the update you wanted?

Is there a way to know if the map was updated? I didn't see an effective date or anything on the map (just the software as a whole)?

·
Registered
22 EV6 Gravity Blue AWD
19 Posts
Are you saying it does not update the map, or just that it didn't have the update you wanted?

Is there a way to know if the map was updated? I didn't see an effective date or anything on the map (just the software as a whole)?
I'm saying a roads that show on every other map service ( I'll continue to use CarPlay ) isn't on this update. I imagine the Navigation map wasn't updated at all, the updates are elsewhere. It actually doesn't list any Nav updates when you read what was updated.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Unfortunately, this is not the update I was hoping for. Mine took less than 30 min but does nothing for phone auto projection. Still have to manually plug my phone in in order to get Android Auto or Carplay. I spoke with a Kia rep a month ago and he told me the update that will allow auto projection would happen in Nov, so I guess, fingers crossed there will be one more update before the year is out.
For about $35 on Amazon, you can get a wireless Android Auto dongle that you leave plugged in the car, and it bluetooths to your phone - which you can leave on the charging pad. Mine works quite well.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B5ZK4NBZ?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

·
Registered
2022 EV6 Wind AWD
78 Posts
Again, these OTA updates can only make minor in the infotainment/navigation software. And I mean MINOR because fixing the system from switching from F to C when using remote climate requires a TSB firmware flash at the dealership. Any updates that interact with the hardware of the car (like preconditioning or wireless AA/CP) will require a dealership visit. This is just HMG saying they have OTA updates so they can say they have OTA updates.

Some first-level customer service rep saying stuff about what these updates will include are just lying to you to get you off their screen/phone.

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 FE #0882 Urban Yellow
198 Posts
I'm saying a roads that show on every other map service ( I'll continue to use CarPlay ) isn't on this update. I imagine the Navigation map wasn't updated at all, the updates are elsewhere. It actually doesn't list any Nav updates when you read what was updated.
You can submit missing places via the Report Map Error Form at Kia Mapcare | Customer Login

I'm sure that map updates are included-that's the bulk of the file size. That said, previous updates included useful map stats in the new features guide PDF (see v14.5 sample). I don't see that info on this update.
Rectangle Font Parallel Number Pattern

·
Registered
42 Posts
I just drove today for a while after update and noticed couple of minor changes,

Clock shows on upper right corner when reversing and showing rear camera view.

Voice is changed.

More choice for sound of nature. Also the existing sounds are changed.

·
Registered
2022 EV6 Wind AWD White
72 Posts
I just drove today for a while after update and noticed couple of minor changes,

Clock shows on upper right corner when reversing and showing rear camera view.

Voice is changed.

More choice for sound of nature. Also the existing sounds are changed.
all i happened to notice were the version numbers;
at least they changed.
underwhelming after 6-month wait.
no options to position the speedometer in the center.
media screen with larger album art and scrolling title.
map screen color options for better visibility.
voice commands for media search.
etc.

81 - 100 of 116 Posts