Kia EV6 Forum banner
101 - 120 of 121 Posts

· Registered
2022 Wind-AWD-Tech
132 Posts
The only different options I see for maps is under the themes setup, where you have white and black. Sadly for me the white is just awful, too glaring, and the black does not show small roads well, but I prefer it than the glare. There are no other colors and I didn't see that change in this update (I just checked, both are still there). I've got a wind + tech.

· Registered
2022 EV6 Wind AWD White
77 Posts
The only different options I see for maps is under the themes setup, where you have white and black. Sadly for me the white is just awful, too glaring, and the black does not show small roads well, but I prefer it than the glare. There are no other colors and I didn't see that change in this update (I just checked, both are still there). I've got a wind + tech.
same here.

· Registered
2022 EV6 Wind AWD White
77 Posts
Yes, I've seen the 5 color options.
But this is what I was looking for, so-called daytime theme.
It must be for the Euro version.
Rectangle Font Terrestrial plant Screenshot Pattern

What helps a bit is to increase the illumination making the background
not so dark...

· Registered
1,083 Posts
Yes, I've seen the 5 color options.
But this is what I was looking for, so-called daytime theme.
It must be for the Euro version.
View attachment 10334
What helps a bit is to increase the illumination making the background
not so dark...
Yeah that seems a bit odd for that option to not be included in the update for the EV6--I have that option in my 2018 Optima.

· Registered
2022 EV6 Wind AWD White
77 Posts
I've just noticed that since the Nov. update, the car auto-locks after it's parked. It is mostly in the garage, so this is not what I want.
In public, I always lock manually.
And I have not found the setting to disable this auto-lock yet.

· Registered
1,083 Posts
I've just noticed that since the Nov. update, the car auto-locks after it's parked. It is mostly in the garage, so this is not what I want.
In public, I always lock manually.
And I have not found the setting to disable this auto-lock yet.
That's weird--I have the November update yet my vehicle doesn't appear to exhibit that behavior.

In any case--isn't that what many folks here had been clamoring for? Namely, for the car to auto-lock after it's parked (which I presume to mean, after you have exited the vehicle)?

· Registered
2023 EV6 GT Yacht Blue
425 Posts
That's weird--I have the November update yet my vehicle doesn't appear to exhibit that behavior.

In any case--isn't that what many folks here had been clamoring for? Namely, for the car to auto-lock after it's parked (which I presume to mean, after you have exited the vehicle)?
Yeah but not everyone wants it, I know I do not. Last thing I want is for it to lock unlock everytime I move a few feet away. Def need it to be an option in a menu to set how the owner wants.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

· Registered
2022 EV6 Wind AWD White
77 Posts
Kia software needs help!
Today the car is NOT auto-locking but it is sending those annoying alert emails about doors being unlocked! This despite remote alerts for door lock/unlock clearly turned OFF. I get this stupid email even if I just open and close the door when the car is parked in garage.

UPDATE:
In order to stop the barrage of door-unlocked alerts, I turned off ALL alerts. After verifying alert emails were not being sent, I turned back on several meaningful ones.

· Registered
22' EV6 Wind AWD + Tech
3 Posts
Anyone else having issue with their Date/Time in the setup area after the update? The update finished, no idea where the new "Theme" is and the area where you set the Date and Time is grayed out.
Font Gadget Display device Multimedia Electronic device

101 - 120 of 121 Posts