Kia EV6 Forum banner

What do you think about the sound system?

301 - 320 of 325 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Did just that, not much difference if any.
Overall, I would say this amp/sub addition is an improvement but nothing to shout about.
Premium audio it is not.
To my ears, the sound is generally tinny despite the tone settings. Tweeters must be low-quality.
Drivers in the trunk are clearly AM-tinny and bright.
Anyway, the amped sub helps some...
If you haven’t been driving it for at least 150 hours with the system on, it WILL improve. Takes forever to burn in but it does actually get quite a lot better than on delivery, well above and beyond psychological acclimation (you can A/B compare new and used and tell)

·
Super Moderator
Ordered July 21 Yacht Blue GT Line S AWD with Heat Pump Arrived 14 May 2022
2,889 Posts
@ alexw I'm willing to believe that the subwoofer gets better with time, but it will never deliver what an active subwoofer can offer.
I think everyone will agree the Sub is not a good unit and needs to be replaced or assisted with an active subwoofer.

·
Registered
2022 EV6 Wind AWD White
40 Posts
Nice work. One quick question. Where in this solution did you use the DC cigarette lighter adapter? Your plug seems to be free. Looks like you ran pos and neg to the back of the current cigarette light plug. Is that correct?
In my case, I found it easier to just plug the lighter in, no need to cut or tap into the 12v behind the panel.
Also, one lesson learned is to get a 1/4" thick board. Mine was 3/4" poplar and had a heck of time finding a long enough bolt. As for the male 4-wire harness, order it from a USA dealer. It took nearly 3 weeks from Korea. Good luck...

·
Super Moderator
2,889 Posts
Given how much improved the rest of the system is, I worry I jumped the gun on upgrading mine. But given how 5" the stock subwoofer is, I'm not TOO concerned ;)
Do not think you have anything to worry about a small sub in a box in the boot is not going to be anywhere near as good as an 8 inch sub or bigger.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Quick question for anyone that's performed an upgrade of the sub. My Meridian sub HAD NO SCREWS!!! It was not bolted down AT ALL. I have tried multiple screws and none are correct. Does anyone know the correct size? I ASSUME it's metric. I've tried a #10, M8, and M7 thus far. Also, that part, 18790 03730AS, is unavailable anywhere in the United States. Did anyone cut one of the ends off either the Meridian Sub or the car side? I'm thinking sub side since I'm not even sure it was working to begin with. FYI. I had my EV6 since April and the AC didn't work. Kia had it until 2 weeks ago and gave me a "new" one. It had been at a car show is what I was told. It had 149 miles when I got it. My previous Kia EV6 was GT-Line Yacht Blue RWD. They replaced it with Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD. Night and Day!! FYI. I have a Kicker Hideaway 10" (HS10) ready to go but curious as to cutting the line or not. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Quick question for anyone that's performed an upgrade of the sub. My Meridian sub HAD NO SCREWS!!! It was not bolted down AT ALL. I have tried multiple screws and none are correct. Does anyone know the correct size? I ASSUME it's metric. I've tried a #10, M8, and M7 thus far. Also, that part, 18790 03730AS, is unavailable anywhere in the United States. Did anyone cut one of the ends off either the Meridian Sub or the car side? I'm thinking sub side since I'm not even sure it was working to begin with. FYI. I had my EV6 since April and the AC didn't work. Kia had it until 2 weeks ago and gave me a "new" one. It had been at a car show is what I was told. It had 149 miles when I got it. My previous Kia EV6 was GT-Line Yacht Blue RWD. They replaced it with Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD. Night and Day!! FYI. I have a Kicker Hideaway 10" (HS10) ready to go but curious as to cutting the line or not. Thanks for the help.
So close: the thread is M6. Wild that it was just floating in there!

·
Registered
33 Posts
I must be missing something with unplugging the cigarette lighter plug, i finally got the cable unplugged but it only moves about 2 inches in any direction and I can't pull it out. It seems to be connected to the brake light cord as well. Maybe mine is differnt since it's a newer build car? (6/22)

·
Registered
11 Posts
I must be missing something with unplugging the cigarette lighter plug, i finally got the cable unplugged but it only moves about 2 inches in any direction and I can't pull it out. It seems to be connected to the brake light cord as well. Maybe mine is differnt since it's a newer build car? (6/22)
My car is 08/21. The 12V cable is actually sheathed with other cables and it is necessary to remove part of the sheath to access it more easily. For this, the hatch under the cigarette lighter socket provides easier access.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hello all. I have everything hooked up but I don't like it. I'd like to get this part:
Repair Kit Wiring - Hyundai (18790-03730-AS)
Thing is, it is out of stock EVERYWHERE IN THE US. Does anyone have an extra to purchase? I remember somebody was doing a bulk buy. Did they ever come in? The owners that purchased from Korea. Do you have a link? Since it's hooked up and working I can have patience and wait for the part. Thanks!!

·
Super Moderator
2,889 Posts
No screws, so its just loose in the space, that's poor.

·
Super Moderator
2,889 Posts
Hello all. I have everything hooked up but I don't like it. I'd like to get this part:
Thing is, it is out of stock EVERYWHERE IN THE US. Does anyone have an extra to purchase? I remember somebody was doing a bulk buy. Did they ever come in? The owners that purchased from Korea. Do you have a link? Since it's hooked up and working I can have patience and wait for the part. Thanks!!
You can not get it either in the UK. :mad:

·
Registered
2022 EV6 Wind AWD White
40 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,889 Posts
LOL. That's better than going ahead with the order, them taking your money, then you get a notification that it's on backorder and we have no estimated date!!
True, is that what you got?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yet another question. Does anyone have the dimensions of their board along with hole placement for the screws? I was about to go outside and do measurements and create a template but figured I'd save that time in the 95 degree garage and ask in the forum :) HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYBODY!!

301 - 320 of 325 Posts