Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'm considering an EV6 as my next company car via a UK lease company. I was very impressed with the vehicle and ready to place an order to find that Kia in the UK has stopped application of their removable tow bars by the dealer?

Having visited the dealer and contacted Kia UK I get conflicting messages, they are happy to take my order but cant guarantee if a tow bar can be fitted (at least by them)? Does anyone know what is going on or has anyone fitted a tow bar and towed with an EV6? Are there any known issues?

I own a caravan and for the small family runs that I make with the van, and whilst the range would be reduced to half or more it appears on the face of it as a competent towing vehicle (plenty of torque, bhp and a towable weight set as 1600kg(braked))

Any advice of feedback on this thread would be appreciated. Thanks!

Registered
I think if you went back to your dealer to-day they would have a different story to tell. Kia UK have been a bit slow in advertising accessories on their website, but in the last few days they have advertised "genuine" accessories, including towbar and wiring loom. See HERE. So they are available. If you want a little more detail, the Kia Belgium website has photos of all these items and also a more detailed description, you can try THIS from Kia Belgium (in English).

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think if you went back to your dealer to-day they would have a different story to tell. Kia UK have been a bit slow in advertising accessories on their website, but in the last few days they have advertised "genuine" accessories, including towbar and wiring loom. See HERE. So they are available. If you want a little more detail, the Kia Belgium website has photos of all these items and also a more detailed description, you can try THIS from Kia Belgium (in English).
Thanks for the feedback, I will try them again tomorrow then, much
Thanks very much for the feedback I will try them again tomorrow, much appreciated

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.