Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV, awaiting EV6 GT Line-S AWD in matte grey
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone managed to place an order with towbar option. I will be leasing and lease company cannot give me price for the optional towbar, they tell me that it will be a dealer fit and OEM but OEM suppliers do not yet have a price.

Whilst I can see why it would be dealer fitted - I cannot believe that Kia do not have a towbar which can be pre-ordered (especially considering they are pushing the 1600KG towing capacity).

I am keen on ordering ASAP, but WANT a towbar :):)

·
Registered
21 Posts
I ordered a tow bar, with my GT-Line AWD long range.
It have to be mounted by the dealer them self, or at least thats how it is in Denmark.

The tow bar in Denmark come in 2 options.
1 permantly mounted towbar
2 at detachable tow bar.

In Denmark, there is right now, no option for at swing tow bar, as the dealer told me, KIA had send them a mail, saying there is no room for at swinging tow bar.

In Denmark at a KIA dealership, the tow bar will cost around 12000 Dkr, around 1400 GBP for the detachable tow bar, but everething is more expensive in Denmark.

·
Registered
4 Posts
It have to be mounted by the dealer them self, or at least thats how it is in Denmark.

2 at detachable tow bar.

In Denmark, there is right now, no option for at swing tow bar, as the dealer told me, KIA had send them a mail, saying there is no room for at swinging tow bar.

In Denmark at a KIA dealership, the tow bar will cost around 12000 Dkr, around 1400 GBP for the detachable tow bar, but everething is more expensive in Denmark.
Last updated tow bar price in denmark is 16000kr ….just got it from dealer….its toooo much for a normal tow bar without any electrical swing feature….

·
Registered
2016 Ford Edge Ti
297 Posts
Here in the US the typical sort of hitch assembly would look like this attached picture. I need the 2" receiver to tow my small trailer, but it looks to me that there might be a problem fitting this with this car's backup lights.
Camera accessory Bicycle part Automotive mirror Automotive exterior Air gun

·
Registered
31 Posts

2 at detachable tow bar.

I will be doing the same, for a detachable tow bar, but didn't realise the cost was so high for something so simple

·
Registered
53 Posts
I also will need a towbar so it will be very interesting to see what the UK price is. Asked dealer and also said no details presently but said they tend to have a local guy fit them (even if Kia supply the equipment). Looking at the underfloor space, even with the subwoofer fitted on the GT Line S there should be enough space to store the detachable swan neck, which is an improvement on my Alfa Romeo where it floats around the boot floor waiting for a car accident to brain someone!

·
Registered
Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV, awaiting EV6 GT Line-S AWD in matte grey
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Has anyone managed to place an order with towbar option. I will be leasing and lease company cannot give me price for the optional towbar, they tell me that it will be a dealer fit and OEM but OEM suppliers do not yet have a price.

Whilst I can see why it would be dealer fitted - I cannot believe that Kia do not have a towbar which can be pre-ordered (especially considering they are pushing the 1600KG towing capacity).

I am keen on ordering ASAP, but WANT a towbar :):)
Well my order for a GT Line-S in matte steele grey, AWD has been placed via the lease company today. Will have to sort out the towbar myself :( :(

·
Registered
31 Posts
Has anyone else got any progress with a tow bar yet?

My car has been waiting for me at the import centre for over a week. Initially the dealer delayed delivery to his site until I had done a test drive and confirmed my order. I want a removable tow bar (and dashcam) fitted, and the dealer has said it is better to get these fitted at the depot, where the staff will have much more experience with this car than his local staff have. This sounds fine.

The problem is that the tow bar is still awaiting Vehicle Certification Agency approval, so nothing is progressing. Has anyone else had different or additional news?

I could take delivery without the tow bar and bring it back in a month or two to have it fitted, but even then I suspect mine would be the first EV6 tow bar fitted by that dealer, which I would prefer to avoid.

·
Registered
2016 Ford Edge Ti
297 Posts
Has anyone else got any progress with a tow bar yet?

My car has been waiting for me at the import centre for over a week. Initially the dealer delayed delivery to his site until I had done a test drive and confirmed my order. I want a removable tow bar...
Paul; When you say removable tow bar,exactly what does that mean? One that swings out of sight like the ID-4 or something else? This is the image that is floating around on the web.:
Wheel Tire Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
31 Posts
MurlinatoR,

Thanks, but I am really surprised. In view of the emphasis that Kia is placing on the car's towing ability in their advertising, I would have expected them to have the tow bar available from day one. Otherwise a customer for whom towing is critical cannot buy the car until it has been out for six months.

I know some Hyundai Ionic 5 owners have had tow bars fitted, so they seem to have got themselves sorted our sooner.

thomasez,

Yes, it is detachable version I am waiting for. My dealer (jokingly?) speculated that perhaps these, and the 'missing' mats, are all stuck in containers in Felixstowe, among the general mayhem there.

·
Registered
2016 Ford Edge Ti
297 Posts
Seems like there is a reluctance on the part of manufacturers to make this option available on early release of their EV's as towing will / would decrease range. This is the last thing that they would want to contribute to, but many folks do tow things, and speaking only for myself, the absence of this option makes it a deal breaker. It should be a OEM deal and not a aftermarket deal IMO!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Seems like there is a reluctance on the part of manufacturers to make this option available on early release of their EV's as towing will / would decrease range. This is the last thing that they would want to contribute to, but many folks do tow things, and speaking only for myself, the absence of this option makes it a deal breaker. It should be a OEM deal and not a aftermarket deal IMO!
Does seem poor form to me too to advertise but not have available...come on Kia, take the high road and show us you are responsible and will keep your word. If you can't get it done in time, then how about telling us when it will be available and how about offering a discount because you could not get it done when you thought you could? We can't expect manufacturer's to always be able to accurately predict, but Kia should know that when they can't meet what they are promising, they need to offer a fair remedy or some compensation so buyers do not lose faith in them. This makes me worry that you will not come through or be fair if a problem crops up that is not the owner's fault. We want to see honesty and fairness during the sale process, so we know we can trust you during the life of the vehicle. This is not a good start...

·
Registered
122 Posts
MurlinatoR,

Thanks, but I am really surprised. In view of the emphasis that Kia is placing on the car's towing ability in their advertising, I would have expected them to have the tow bar available from day one. Otherwise a customer for whom towing is critical cannot buy the car until it has been out for six months.

I know some Hyundai Ionic 5 owners have had tow bars fitted, so they seem to have got themselves sorted our sooner.

thomasez,

Yes, it is detachable version I am waiting for. My dealer (jokingly?) speculated that perhaps these, and the 'missing' mats, are all stuck in containers in Felixstowe, among the general mayhem there.
Any update on your towbar being fitted?

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.