Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this has been a huge discussion on Youtube and on some forums, however I wanted to reach out to owners who have has their EV6s now for a few months or. weeks, or more in some cases?. What is real world range like?

·
Registered
21 Posts
London to Cardiff ~175 miles; full charge at start and about 35% at destination - so approx 270 miles full range in December UK.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I was also discussing this over at Just how efficient is the EV6? after seeing some really bad ranges from Youtube videos. 250 is where I would like it to be, of course the higher the better and 270 in UK winter is fantastic. Summer time will be great to see and test range then as well.

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 First Edition Steel Gray Matte
627 Posts
We're getting 267 miles on a full charge. If you turn on the heating it drops by 20 or 30. GT Line S AWD with heat pump.
Hey there @AndrewIOW, happy Monday and welcome to the forum!

Thanks for checking in! That range is an expected range based on the last set of efficiency figures the computer came up with. That can be greatly affected if someone has sat idle for a while playing with buttons or between city and highway driving.

Update us how far you actually get on that charge once you've used it up!

MurlinatoR

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey there @AndrewIOW, happy Monday and welcome to the forum!

Thanks for checking in! That range is an expected range based on the last set of efficiency figures the computer came up with. That can be greatly affected if someone has sat idle for a while playing with buttons or between city and highway driving.

Update us how far you actually get on that charge once you've used it up!

MurlinatoR

Hi, yes we are getting that range As long as the heater is off! If you turn it on, it instantly deducts 20 to 30 miles.

·
Registered
33 Posts
It heavily depends on the lengths of the journey. On lots of short 5 mile trips, It looks like about 220miles. On longer 30mile+ journeys it's looking like 270m at 60-70mph ish. All on 2-6 degree temperatures. Today it was 10 degrees and the figures look about 5+% better. A couple more weeks and I should get a better idea, I've only got 10 days worth of data - but at the moment it is looking in line with what I expected or slightly better given the temperatures. I've got a 300 mile motorway trip coming up next week and that's the one I'm really waiting for.

·
Registered
6 Posts
We got our GT line S AWD (no heatpump) car last week and over the weekend we did a 280 mile round trip mostly on motorways at 70 mph. It was 6 degrees going and 10 degrees on the way back so we had the heating on and the range was 253 miles.

We did one charge over Saturday/Sunday using the granny charger at the in-laws so that was free electricity!

·
Registered
158 Posts
We got our GT line S AWD (no heatpump) car last week and over the weekend we did a 280 mile round trip mostly on motorways at 70 mph. It was 6 degrees going and 10 degrees on the way back so we had the heating on and the range was 253 miles.

We did one charge over Saturday/Sunday using the granny charger at the in-laws so that was free electricity!
Well free for you. HAHA It’s the least The in-laws could do for you 😄

·
Registered
27 Posts
For info this just posted on YT - motorway range test in Norway - GT-Line AWD - at 2° ambient. He was shocked and apparently impressed with the range he achieved - 303km or around 62% of WLTP.

Hmm - as Shania Twain sang ...

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Actually just saw this and thought...Oh No.... but actually, looking at the data on the sheet on his tests it is up there with the best EVs available today, however, some other users have seen even more range of course at a slower pace. Great like for like with Scotland/UK driving in winter.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yep - and I was disappointed with 216 mile range in freezing temps on my A road and M-way weekend test.

Maybe I need to recalibrate my expectations....though after a full tank start to a 240 mile return trip in my XC90 left me with a range of 390 miles maybe I'll stick and not twist

·
Registered
65 Posts
The results of 24.3 kWh /100km = approx. 2.4 miles per kWh. If that is on motorway at 2-3 C without any regen and at 24p per kWh I'll be happy as it is likely to be my very worst case scenario. It is still half the price of my Audi doing 35mpg. @ £1.47 per litre!

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I am in the same boat as you, Audi zapping all my petrol at 35-40MPG, I have a 1.4l A4 Avant from 2019, drinks petrol for fun :). Anything that has the better range for less money is fine by me :) £1.46 for petrol this morning, put £20..got me 160miles range acording to the some what dated Audi infotainment system :)

·
Registered
69 Posts
This article on range loss in cold temperatures is interesting...unfortunately, no data for the EV6, but the reports we have do not seem encouraging. One thing we need is to hear whether reports are from cars with or without the heat pump.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I'm getting 250 without trying, mix of A roads, dual carriageway and B roads.... heater on. It drop on motorways especially above 70 but that's physics for you. We have an AWD, no HP but most of that will be done in Eco or normal so only using the one motor. I can get it down to less than 1m per kwh in sport if I try so that would be a range of 70 miles, but I'd be arrested before I got there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
...Audi doing 35mpg. @ £1.47 per litre!
I dream of my Audi doing that...only on a long journey in The Netherlands at 100/110kph! Average over 40k miles is 26mpg...lowest is 21, best ever 38 (once) :eek: Spending about £4k/year on fuel at today's price and current mileage :eek::eek:.

Which is why I'm going for a test drive in an EV6 tomorrow...fingers crossed!

N

1 - 20 of 66 Posts