Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just made a road trip from Denver to Phoenix in my GT line AWD. I made seven stops along the way at Electrify America chargers. My experience was basically the same as in the video, although I never got it down to 10% and never went to 100%. Most of the time I started at 20 to 30%, and charged to 80 or 90%, depending on the distances to the next charger. My stops averaged probably right around 12 to 20 minutes. It was a very smooth trip, and I didn’t see any reason to charge a car past 90% while traveling. By the way, at those seven different charger stops not once did we encounter another car, and the chargers all worked flawlessly. I never reached 240kw, but saw speeds in the 230s on a regular basis. And of course the charging speed tapered off as I reached my charging goal.

·
Registered
499 Posts
I posted a similar EA 350 kW charging experience in another thread; not quite exactly 10 to 80 but rather, 22 to 90; max charging speed was 235.78 kW, total charging time 20 minutes, 55 kW energy delivered.

Funny note--up until that point (roughly a month from when I picked up my EV6) I had yet to see another EV6 out on the roads; upon pulling up to an EA location and grabbing the only working 350 kW charger, lo and behold there was another EV6 (Wind model) plugged into one of the other chargers, and a few minutes after I had started charging, my twin EV6 FE (twin, as in same Matte Gray color) pulled in; we were shortly afterwards joined by an Ioniq 5 and a Mach-E.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts