Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
I find the whole situation baffling. I get that there is unpredictability because of supply chain issues. And maybe uncertainty on pricing. But given that there is the possibility that competitors may benefit from a change in the law (i.e. Tesla could qualify again for tax deduction/rebate if the 200k cap is lifted), why would you not want to allow people to make a reservation? Even if delivery may be 6 months out, wouldn't that be more sensible than just stringing everyone along? I can't see a benefit to it but would be interested to hear if anyone has a rationale.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I kind of wonder if they're holding off on releasing US pricing until they see what the laws will be. They may adjust them as needed to be competitive. Though with that said, their most direct competitors are going to be the Mach-e, ID.4, and Q4, all of which have pricing, plus the Ioniq 5.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I kind of wonder if they're holding off on releasing US pricing until they see what the laws will be. They may adjust them as needed to be competitive. Though with that said, their most direct competitors are going to be the Mach-e, ID.4, and Q4, all of which have pricing, plus the Ioniq 5.
That would make the most sense if they would potentially benefit from the changes. But, based on my understanding of the current proposals, I do not see how they would be better off than the $7,500 tax credit that they have now, It can't help that other options like Tesla might benefit and become cheaper to own.

·
Registered
57 Posts
You have to remember that there’s a chip shortage that comes into play how much I don’t know and also it’s a new vehicle that has bugs to be work out. I don’t think they want to flood the market with a vehicle that’s relatively new from the ground up
And one more thing try ordering any car and see how long it takes to come in there are shortages everywhere
I’m waiting for my grocery store to get some Gatorade The times were in

·
Registered
21 Posts
You have to remember that there’s a chip shortage that comes into play how much I don’t know and also it’s a new vehicle that has bugs to be work out. I don’t think they want to flood the market with a vehicle that’s relatively new from the ground up
And one more thing try ordering any car and see how long it takes to come in there are shortages everywhere
I’m waiting for my grocery store to get some Gatorade The times were in
All good points, Jack. But we know that Kia is already delivering cars in other markets. They have the FE reservation holders from June expecting a vehicle in January. If Kia's best guess is that it can deliver the next batch in the Spring, why not get customers to sign up?

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Ajusting the MSRP upwards based on the $7500 tax credit would be a big mistake. I think the anticipated MSRP of $55,000 is at the top end of what Kia can command for the EV6. I doubt there is any strategy behind the delay.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Ajusting the MSRP upwards based on the $7500 tax credit would be a big mistake. I think the anticipated MSRP of $55,000 is at the top end of what Kia can command for the EV6. I doubt there is any strategy behind the delay.
If anything, they may adjust pricing down based on Tesla now qualifying.

Kia Canada took $500 reservations without releasing any pricing whatsoever. There's no reason Kia USA couldn't open up US reservations prior to releasing pricing.

·
Registered
142 Posts
If anything, they may adjust pricing down based on Tesla now qualifying.
Yes, that is what I was thinking. Or US manufacturers getting a bigger rebate. Though I'm not sure who would benefit from that... the Mach-e is made in Mexico, and ID.4/Q4 isn't made here yet. Tesla could qualify for US manufacture, but not the union portion.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Yes, that is what I was thinking. Or US manufacturers getting a bigger rebate. Though I'm not sure who would benefit from that... the Mach-e is made in Mexico, and ID.4/Q4 isn't made here yet. Tesla could qualify for US manufacture, but not the union portion.
Including US-manufactured vehicles but excluding vehicles assembled in Mexico (and Canada) would likely violate the USMCA Agreement (replaced NAFTA). Doesn't mean the feds won't do it, of course, but there will be trade agreement challenges to that.

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 First Edition Steel Gray Matte
293 Posts
It's funny.... Everyone complains about how long it takes when you're waiting forever for a Tesla or a Bronco or a Rivian... "when will they ever come through?!?!?!?!?!" And then everyone complains how long it takes when you're waiting for ordering to open up for something so that the wait time can be short. 1st world problems. LOL

·
Registered
21 Posts
It's funny.... Everyone complains about how long it takes when you're waiting forever for a Tesla or a Bronco or a Rivian... "when will they ever come through?!?!?!?!?!" And then everyone complains how long it takes when you're waiting for ordering to open up for something so that the wait time can be short. 1st world problems. LOL
From my end, I am just trying to understand the logic from the manufacturers end. Surely it is better to get people signed up even if there may be a delay than to not open orders and run the risk that a prospective purchaser will order from another company?

·
Registered
19 Posts
From my end, I am just trying to understand the logic from the manufacturers end. Surely it is better to get people signed up even if there may be a delay than to not open orders and run the risk that a prospective purchaser will order from another company?
I imagine with the car shortage that they aren't too concerned with being able to sell everything they can manage to produce. At least in the near future.

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 First Edition Steel Gray Matte
293 Posts
What good is it to get everyone's hopes up to get a car 12-24 months before it will even be a reality? It makes the company look like they're incapable of planning and producing what they promise.

By telling you that they are going to do something and then making good on that promise, it shows that they are capable and good at executing their plan. Shame on them for not getting everyones hopes up only to drag them on and on... shrugs

·
Registered
57 Posts
What good is it to get everyone's hopes up to get a car 12-24 months before it will every be a reality? It makes the company look like they're incapable of planning and producing what they promise.

By telling you that they are going to do something and then making good on that promise, it shows that they are capable and good at executing their plan. Shame on them for not getting everyones hopes up only to drag them on and on... shrugs
I agree
no better way to lose someone as a customer and then anyone They can’t convince that The auto make screwed them over
Make me wait for nine months and then don’t deliver I’d be really upset and post it everywhere how bad they are

·
Registered
138 Posts
What good is it to get everyone's hopes up to get a car 12-24 months before it will every be a reality? It makes the company look like they're incapable of planning and producing what they promise.

Just sayin.... they really should change their website then...o_O

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
21 Posts

I wasn't advocating that Kia get people's hopes up when they know they can't deliver on them I understand the attraction of under promise and over deliver. But I assume, even with the current uncertainty, they have projections on when they should be able to deliver. And if you want to make sure you can meet a commitment, add in a margin of error. If the projection is May - July 2022, why not say that and take a reservation?

·
Registered
70 Posts

I'm a Rivian R1S reservation holder and shareholder (IPO DSP)... they don't seem that organized but the R1S should be amazing.

Tesla on the other hand is building 800K EVs in the US with one factory and demand is through the roof. They sell more US EVs in a single quarter (250K) than all other carmakers combined in the US (Mach-E and ID.4 barely sold more than 30K and they are the top sellers).

I just want Kia to be different and transparent about their problems. Rivian is not. Tesla is hiding their demand issue and probably should just stop taking orders instead of giving people 10-12 month wait times.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts