Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Had a test drive in Ionic5 on Sunday having decided on YouTube research it was going to be my next buy. Called into Kia dealer on way home and was persuaded to take their GtLineS for a run. Ordered EV6 GtLineS RWD in matte grey today!

·
Registered
Snow White Pearl GT-Line AWD
1,431 Posts
Had a test drive in Ionic5 on Sunday having decided on YouTube research it was going to be my next buy. Called into Kia dealer on way home and was persuaded to take their GtLineS for a run. Ordered EV6 GtLineS RWD in matte grey today!
Having driven both, what were some of the deciding factors for you that drive you to order the EV6 over the Ioniq5?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Having driven both, what were some of the deciding factors for you that drive you to order the EV6 over the Ioniq5?
More driver engagement, they are very different, my wife didn't like the exterior 'plastic' trim on Ioniq. The black curve screens on the EV6 are more driver focussed. I wasn't keen on the shiny plastic on the centre console of the EV6. The EV6 feels like a driver's car. I am trading in an Audi Q3 the Hyundai is well finished but didn't put a smile on my face, not only did the EV
6 have the smile factor for me, it even put a smile on my wife's face....and that isn't easy!

Reactions: Cnsheets

·
Registered
Snow White Pearl GT-Line AWD
1,431 Posts
More driver engagement, they are very different, my wife didn't like the exterior 'plastic' trim on Ioniq. The black curve screens on the EV6 are more driver focussed. I wasn't keen on the shiny plastic on the centre console of the EV6. The EV6 feels like a driver's car. I am trading in an Audi Q3 the Hyundai is well finished but didn't put a smile on my face, not only did the EV
6 have the smile factor for me, it even put a smile on my wife's face....and that isn't easy!
Appreciate the feedback.

·
Registered
EV6 77kWh RWD Steel Grey (05/22)
168 Posts
I can agree with @Excalpino, test drive the Ioniq 5 and EV6. My wife really didn't like the Ioniq 5, interior and exterior. She said it was a very cold, clinical experience in the Ioniq 5. Too open space, almost like sitting in a train with strangers.

The EV6 she loved from the moment she saw it, and even more so when we drove it.

·
Super Moderator
Ordered July 21 Yacht Blue GT Line S AWD with Heat Pump Arrived 14 May 2022
1,977 Posts
I wanted an Ioniq 5 then saw the interior and that was the end of it, I have to sit in the car and looking at the dash would have made me think i had made a big mistake.

Shame as the Ioniq 5 takes me back to the 80's cars I used to own, very retro outside.

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Thank you😀 it helps to keep up confidence that it is worth waiting for. Did you get an estimate on delivery prospect and did you go for heat pump?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hi Roy, I didn't order heat pump, although I live in Perthshire. My mileage is relatively low (< 10000 pa), and only occasionally >100 miles in a day so longer range not really bonus. You can buy a lot of kWh for £1000 !
I'm more likely to spend my £1000+ on a set of 19 wheels fitted with Winter Tyres. I have had a second set of wheels for all my car's for the past 12 years and after selling them on eBay if I change car's it doesn't actually cost that much And the original wheels and tyres last longer if not exposed to salt for 5 months of the year.
I've ordered through Arnold Clark in Dundee, estimated delivery March '22 ....hopefully😀.

Reactions: arnsbrae

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Hi Excalpino,
Totally agree with your logic, I have ordered from AC Kirkcaldy and have same delivery estimate.
Firmly believe in winter wheels to extent that winter tyres on a FWD is better than summer tyres on a 4WD, in ice and snow. I probably only do <6K as now retired and still have some "range anxiety" overhang from my I-Pace in previous frequent experience of charging failure in Scotland (I am told system is improving!) and if honest, 20" wheels are getting a bit too much to handle. If it's really bad I won't be going out unless emergency. Anyway hope March works out for us. 😊
Regards.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.