Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone! First time posting here. I just got my EV6 with Matte Steel Gray paint, and I don't have a garage, nor a driveway. I will be doing street parking, and thus I am a bit worried about damage to the car. Is it okay to put a cover over the car, and is there a special kind of cover to buy which won't mess up the matte paint?

Have a great weekend everyone!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Unless the paint is dust/dirt free you well just drag,and rub that into finish.
Best thing for the matte paint would be a wrap. Or ppf.with touchless car wash, matte paint is very tough to keep looking amazing. GL

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lol I meant him since he will street park.
Ah, I got lucky in that regard. My house is very close to the street (no front yard really), so I had the electric company install a 240V 50amp socket on the front corner of the house. The Amazon Lectron 240V 32 Amp, Level 2 portable charger with 21 foot cord just BARELY reaches, and it works!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have been debating about using a car cover for our matte finish EV6..but have been using an old cover and here are my takeaways:
#1: maybe my old cover is dirty but it adds so much dust to the paint. so basically every time I remove the cover I need to rinse off the dust
#2: it gets blown off many times if you don't secure it
#3: probably will scratch the paint every time it gets blown away or put it on/remove it.

Then I found this:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts