Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Niro HEV
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to order new wheels for some winter tires on my EV6 Long Range (Canadian model).

I know the wheels are 19" x 7.5". Many of the wheels that come up on various websites filtered for EV6 are 8" or 8.5" width, not 7.5". Can anyone tell me if this size difference matters, and if so, what difference it might make?

I have been trying to learn from reading various websites, but am still finding it quite confusing.

Thanks for any tips!

·
Registered
339 Posts
Just do a forum search on "winter tires" and "offset" - many threads. The 7.5" or 8" difference is not that important. Tires will have a maximum and minimum wheel width for mounting. The offset will determine how far the wheel "sticks out" (or not) from the fender. Your main concern will be having a tire too wide or too tall so that it interferes with the strut.
Tire Hand Automotive tire Tread Wheel

·
Registered
262 Posts
I have old set of my Espace. I think I will take them to specialized tire shop to check if they fit. These have brand new winter tyres on them look amazing 🤩. Tire is exactly the same, nuts aren’t the offset is not. I even think EV6 is different then most cars. Will let you know when I have made the visit

·
Registered
2022 EV6 WIND AWD
184 Posts
Since no one offered, here are the complete stock wheel specs. Bolt pattern and center bore are mandatory, stay close in offset (+/- 5mm?) and you'll have no issues with OE-size tires.
Diameter - 19 in.
Width - 7.5 in.
Offset/ET - 57 mm (possibly 54.5mm in 19")
Center Bore - 67.1 mm
Bolt pattern - 5 x 114.3mm (5 x 4.5in.)
Mounting flange - J

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Since no one offered, here are the complete stock wheel specs. Bolt pattern and center bore are mandatory, stay close in offset (+/- 5mm?) and you'll have no issues with OE-size tires.
Diameter - 19 in.
Width - 7.5 in.
Offset/ET - 57 mm
Center Bore - 67.1 mm
Bolt pattern - 5 x 114.3mm (5 x 4.5in.)
Mounting flange - J
You say that but the closest offset I could find was 48mm. Everything else is 40mm or 35mm. (Also, i thought the 19” rims offset was 54mm? 57mm was the 20” rim specification).

I’m also concerned that the stock 20” rims might be too skinny but that’s not the concern of this thread since we’re focusing on the 19” rims. (One last side note, it’s annoying that the stock 19” and 20” aren’t as compatible as they could be. In other vehicles, the speedo/odo difference will be minimal between vehicle wheel sizes but Kia actually seems to have two different configurations. Downsizing the 255/45R20 to 19s means getting 245/50R19. But yet the base rim offered for the EV6 is 235/55R19).

·
Registered
2019 Niro HEV
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
So my dealer is suggesting this wheel, FAST EV01+, which has an offset of +45mm. The maker's website also lists it for EV6. Anyone think the offset will be a problem? Dealer parts person says he has confirmed it will work.

It's more expensive but the better aerodynamics would be nice, esp in winter.

https://fastco.ca/fast-wheels/alloy-wheels/stylefinish?carmake=Kia&caryear=2022&carmodel=EV6&carsubmodel=RWD Long Range&caroptions=S&stylefinish=EV01(+)|TI
My local tire dealer said it'll be fine. I ordered a set of EV01 in 19x8.5 (because I'm fitting 245 width tires as I have the 20" rims rather than the 19" as stock)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts