Kia EV6 Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Unrelated question. If I drive in Europe will I need to do anything to the headlights, or will they automatically recognise the change?
Hi,

No worries! The EV6 comes with a feature called travel mode for the lights which reduces the distance the lights travel in order to reduce glare for drivers in other countries.

Please see attached a photo of this. To access Step 1: Settings Step 2: Vehicle settings Step 3: Lights Step 4: Travel mode
Font Gadget Display device Audio equipment Electronic device

·
Registered
167 Posts
After some measurement and i'm going to air on the side of caution giving you a bit of room at the edges of the mirrors I have calculated the width you would need is 2250 mm to be confident in the EV6 fitting.
Wow, that's wider than I would have expected. Thanks for the measurement!

In regards to the cameras please see attached a photo of the screen with the mirrors folded in :)
Ha, yeah, I figured having the two side cameras pointing in the wrong direction would mess up that view. I assume those two red icons in the car icon are warning you to unfold the mirrors to get the proper view.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Hi,

No worries! The EV6 comes with a feature called travel mode for the lights which reduces the distance the lights travel in order to reduce glare for drivers in other countries.

Please see attached a photo of this. To access Step 1: Settings Step 2: Vehicle settings Step 3: Lights Step 4: Travel mode
View attachment 609
Thank you for your quick response, and solution to my query.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Wow, that's wider than I would have expected. Thanks for the measurement!

Ha, yeah, I figured having the two side cameras pointing in the wrong direction would mess up that view. I assume those two red icons in the car icon are warning you to unfold the mirrors to get the proper view.
I hope the measurement helps time to go out to the garage aha! And yes the car was telling us to unfold the mirrors with that icon so we could have a clear view.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Thanks for everyone's replies so far.

Figures for the EV6 width (with mirrors folded) suggested so far are:

1890mm or 1896mm or 1955mm or 2250mm

Quite a range. I must go to a dealership with a tape measure, as Brian did:

I just had my test drive today and measured the width - with the mirrors folded the width was 1896mm (assuming the sales person was holding the tape measure in the correct position on the opposite side of the car!)
Interestingly enough, I measured my current car, a 9th Gen Honda Civic 5-door, and got a figure of 1870mm. I wouldn't think of it as a particularly wide car.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My EV6 is due early December,my question is can I fold the mirrors in when driving slowly?To access my house I have to drive down a narrow road with high banking each side.My Tesla M3 I could fold them in and they would fold out at 30mph automatically.

·
Registered
63 Posts
My EV6 is due early December,my question is can I fold the mirrors in when driving slowly?To access my house I have to drive down a narrow road with high banking each side.My Tesla M3 I could fold them in and they would fold out at 30mph automatically.
Hi,
There is the button to manually force the mirrors to fold in/out however I would assume much like the tesla they will auto fold out over a certain speed from my experience I can drive at low speeds and they stay folded in.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I did use the parking from outside during testdrive @Home as I have a small driveway that goes 1/2 floor below groundlevel. to the Garage.
But unfortunantly the car stopped when just the front (Rear drive) wheels were still on the pavement. Warning that the slope was too large.

Car stopped and I had to struggle myself in the car from passenger seat as driver door was too close to wall to open.
Yes it works and it allow to go in tight spaces also it is nice that you can walk around the car.

But for me its not working out, hope that maybe in future it's possible to adapt the angle, but I doubt it will work..
For the usage as marketed it can work well for small driveways with NO slope..

21 - 33 of 33 Posts