Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody had issues with EVGO chargers? Over the weekend I took a road trip up to Michigan and tried to charge at an EVGO charger station. It looked like everything at the station itself was active, and a BMW was charging at the same location, but when I plugged into my car, it could not validate that the car was connected, so it could not charge. I had successfully charged at an EA location the previous day and 20 minutes later, so I know that the car had no issues with DC fast charging.
I sent a message to EVGO, but could not heard back from them. Any chance this could have been from a setting issue in the car? Is this a known issue?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Did you try a different pod at the EVGO station? I've had that happen at EA. Plugged into a pod that was ostensibly working but no joy. The pod simply ignored my car (EV6) as though I hadn't plugged it in. Unplugged and replugged, still no joy. Then I tried a different pod and it worked.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did- and then went around to the other side to see if plugging in from another angle worked as well-
Probably should have tried the 150kw instead of the 350 kw chargers, though. On their app it said someone had just used that station an hour ago, so I might have had a false sense that that pod was going to work.

·
Registered
Red GT LIne AWD, 2014 Yamaha FJR 1300
103 Posts
When I was driving my EV6 home from KY over the weekend, the first charger I stopped at was EVGO. I think I had to plug & unplug once or twice and then it worked.

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
About two months ago, I had used several EVGo charging stations successfully on a trip through New England and NY. I just completed a similar trip. I stopped to recharge at three different EVGo charging stations and none of then worked. I called customer support at each one and was told there were either being upgraded to under maintenance. The general state of each was poor with broken connectors and faded screens. It appears that EVGo is no longer reliable at least in the Northeast.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My only complaint about EVGo so far is getting them to finish and open charging locations. I have been watching a new location near my in-laws for over a month. The chargers are installed and the electric infrastructure looks like it is in place, however the station is not open yet with the charging cords still wrapped in bubble wrap. It looks like they could probably have this up and running in a day. I wonder what the hold up might be?

·
Registered
2022 EV6 GT-L RWD, 1973 Triumph TR6
455 Posts
I would guess it's waiting for the local inspectors.
Or the actual connection to the power distribution trunk.

I was at an EA location not too long ago when they were “finally” turning up 2 dual 350 kW chargers, stations, pods, or whatever you want to call them. The holdup was the power distribution. There were 2 EA engineers and one engineer from the power company distribution contractor. They had just turned up the first one so I got to be the first to use it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts