Kia EV6 Forum banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
Yacht Blue EV6 Wind RWD On Order
77 Posts
Any idea on how long from pre-transit to transit or other status? Just curious, ordered one last week and see a pre-transit matching those order specs for the dealer we ordered from. The info coming from the dealer is non-existent, not sure if they truly don't know, don't care, or are misleading. Anyway, thanks this is a great tool.
Check your dealer’s website to see if there is a unit listed matching the specs. As apollo mentions dealer sites are part of the data too. I think there is an NHTSA listing as well
I’m wondering how these “at sea” allocations work where dealers have no idea and it shows up …

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Any idea on how long from pre-transit to transit or other status? Just curious, ordered one last week and see a pre-transit matching those order specs for the dealer we ordered from. The info coming from the dealer is non-existent, not sure if they truly don't know, don't care, or are misleading. Anyway, thanks this is a great tool.
What port is your car entering through and what dealer is it headed to?

·
Registered
Yacht Blue EV6 Wind RWD On Order
77 Posts
All the In Transit units I’ve seen appear to be when they are on the ocean freight carrier, much earlier than hitting the US port.
it would be nice to have the “date first seen” listed - maybe that’s what you meant by “stats” that you wanted to add.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
All the In Transit units I’ve seen appear to be when they are on the ocean freight carrier, much earlier than hitting the US port.
it would be nice to have the “date first seen” listed - maybe that’s what you meant by “stats” that you wanted to add.
Yeah that's a good call out. I settled on the term "pre-transit" because I noticed that the stage the car is in when a window sticker is available for it varies; sometimes it's available while the car is still on a ship, but close, and other times it's been much closer to the day that it seems to get on a truck and headed towards the dealer. I don't have insider knowledge of Kias operations so it's all speculation from my perspective. The in-transit and in-stock data comes directly from Kias inventory search but pre-transit is a blanket term I chose to cover any VIN that I haven't "seen" before/yet.

The stats I'd like to someday add are more like how many EV6s are coming in W color with X option and to Y state or Z dealer--something to give you an idea of how rare or common a combination is--for example it was interesting to see how many of the 1500 First Editions were what color and what state had the most sent there.

I also want to show an average of how long each leg of the journey might take from a VINs "date first seen" to "date first in-stock" based on relevant trends from past data, but that was originally a separate thought from the the general "interesting statistics" and something that I'll probably prioritize over general stats since it's likely of more value to more folks.

I do want to reiterate though that any of the info on xisve should be taken with a grain of salt if not just considered for entertainment value... It's not intended to be a source of truth, the idea behind it is to ultimately just provide easier access to some more or less crowd sourced and public info so that folks a better chance against shady dishonest dealers.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 · (Edited)
Kia DTLA loads Window Stickers. It seems that VINs that are very new don't load, but those that have been around for a few days? (I'm not sure the exact timing) should load.

Here's the link with a vin they currently have on their site. You just replace this vin with whatever VIN you're looking for:
Even better, if you search for "api legacy pse windowsticker" you'll find you get results from several car dealership websites of all sorts of makes... pick one, and if you just change the make at the end, say "/windowsticker/ford", to "/windowsticker/kia" and provide a VIN for that make, you'll get a window sticker back :) . I noticed this when another Kia dealer website had a similar url for their window stickers as a Volvo dealer, and a Ford dealer, and a Toyota dealer (redirects to a Toyota api that seems to require authorization). Here's an example from a Ford dealer with the same Kia VIN you provided: https://www.hallmotorcompanyford.com/api/legacy/pse/windowsticker/kia?vin=KNDC44LA5N5061495

·
Registered
4 Posts
Event better, if you search for "api legacy pse windowsticker" you'll find you get results from several car dealership websites of all sorts of makes... pick one, and if you just change the make at the end, say "/windowsticker/ford", to "/windowsticker/kia" and provide a VIN for that make, you'll get a window sticker back :) . I noticed this when another Kia dealer website had a similar url for their window stickers as a Volvo dealer, and a Ford dealer, and a Toyota dealer (redirects to a Toyota api that seems to require authorization). Here's an example from a Ford dealer with the same Kia VIN you provided: https://www.hallmotorcompanyford.com/api/legacy/pse/windowsticker/kia?vin=KNDC44LA5N5061495
This worked for me, I was able to finally see my EV6 sticker that is heading for Ohio, just refreshing for that day it's actually in transit!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Even better, if you search for "api legacy pse windowsticker" you'll find you get results from several car dealership websites of all sorts of makes... pick one, and if you just change the make at the end, say "/windowsticker/ford", to "/windowsticker/kia" and provide a VIN for that make, you'll get a window sticker back :) . I noticed this when another Kia dealer website had a similar url for their window stickers as a Volvo dealer, and a Ford dealer, and a Toyota dealer (redirects to a Toyota api that seems to require authorization). Here's an example from a Ford dealer with the same Kia VIN you provided: https://www.hallmotorcompanyford.com/api/legacy/pse/windowsticker/kia?vin=KNDC44LA5N5061495
Nice! I never tried that. It makes me wonder where they're officially pulling from. :unsure:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Is there any kind of info you can see if you have your order confirmation number, like where it is in line or if they've even acknowledged it or not? Thank you in advance, sorry if this has been posted elsewhere as I didn't see it.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Is there any kind of info you can see if you have your order confirmation number, like where it is in line or if they've even acknowledged it or not? Thank you in advance, sorry if this has been posted elsewhere as I didn't see it.
Sorry, but the data I have is limited to what's already available in the public domain.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I placed an order June 10th for Wind AWD Gravity Blue, found the window sticker thanks to this tread, contacted my dealer with that info and she said it shows it's scheduled to arrive 7/27. It's still in Pre-Transit, but we'll see how the estimate fairs.

·
Registered
9 Posts
CAR PROS HUNTINGTON BEACH called me and said they have a EV6 GT RWD RED with a $4995 markup. I held firm at MSPR. They held firm on markup. So anyone willing to pay that in Southern California, go get it.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
I disagree, no one touch it with markup. Part of the reason I worked on this tool is to show that there's still a steady flow of inventory coming in. Wait it out if you can. $3000 off of $9000 markup isn't "a deal" despite what the sales guy says.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I disagree, no one touch it with markup. Part of the reason I worked on this tool is to show that there's still a steady flow of inventory coming in. Wait it out if you can. $3000 off of $9000 markup isn't "a deal" despite what the sales guy says.
Yup, I'm in SoCal and waiting it out. Time is on our side. And it's a good indicator the dealer is going down his list to find a buyer. Which means people aren't biting as fast any more.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts