Kia EV6 Forum banner
41 - 60 of 71 Posts

Registered
After doing a bunch of shopping around I found a dealer four hours away from me who is taking order at MSRP. I placed an order with $500 non-refundable (applied towards down payment) for a yacht blue wind RWD. My only concern is that hopefully by the time I get the car (4-6 months) the $7500 tax credit is still there.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Sorry about the slow progress, life has been busy... While I get around to adding full "search by dealer" support, I've added some very basic support for it as of today (but it's a manual approach right now)--add "&dealer=[dealer code]" to the URL (or "?dealer=[dealer code]" if you have no other filters set) to see results for a specific dealer only. For example: Search

Keep in mind that if you add the dealer code to a URL that already has some filters applied, you may end up with no results of there's nothing in stock or inbound to that dealer that matches your filter criteria (or if the dealer is just unfortunate enough to have no new allocation yet).

Registered
@apollo: is there anyway of seeing data of dates when a particular car goes fro pre-transit, to in transit, to dealer stock?

I wanted to see if I could find those dates on a couple of local in stock units to get approximate lead times from Tacoma to WI

Registered
There not a lot of rhyme or reason to it sometimes. Some units that unloaded at the port w my car were on local dealer lots several weeks before mine was.

A shipping guy told me it could be as simple as a unit that gets boxed in in a corner by chance and doesn't make it on a truck for a couple of weeks.

Even the dealerships info is sketchy until the car actually arrives on their lot.

Registered
There not a lot of rhyme or reason to it sometimes. Some units that unloaded at the port w my car were on local dealer lots several weeks before mine was.

A shipping guy told me it could be as simple as a unit that gets boxed in in a corner by chance and doesn't make it on a truck for a couple of weeks.

Even the dealerships info is sketchy until the car actually arrives on their lot.
That what I was kind of figuring, but I didn't know if there were any trends that emerge. I'm assuming it turns to "in transit" once it hits the rail car in Tacoma vs, hitting a truck in Chicago or wherever the midwest destination rail yard is. I'm trying to time the selling of my current vehicle just right.

Registered
My car never showed as in transit. The dealer had no clue when it was coming. Actually called and gave me a new delivery estimate (7 days out) the same morning it arrived at the dealership.

Good luck. I was in a borrowed vehicle for multiple weeks when I sold after our car arrived at the port.

Patience...lol

Registered
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Yeah, showing dates and trending days until "X" is on my to-do list, but I can tell you from spot checking several VINs that like @Bkaklinv said, it can be all over the place and "first in" is definitely not always "first out".

Registered
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
@maEV Yes, see previous posts of mine regarding some cars that are marked as unavailable on my end by error due to an early bug. The VIN will self correct automatically once it changes to in transit or in stock. Sorry about the inconvenience.

Registered
Has anyone taken delivery and had the site still say "Pre Transit" or "In Transit"? My dealer has told my car will be here asap and to expect it this weekend but its still showing Pre Transit so I find it hard to believe.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
If your dealer is relatively close to the port of delivery, it's definitely possible for it to skip the "in-transit" state.

I've also test driven a car that still showed "in-transit", but it showed as "in-stock" the following day. As far as I can tell, the changes in state by Kia can be and sometimes are a day or two delayed, but it's not incredibly common to be more than that.

41 - 60 of 71 Posts