Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a AWD Wind EV6. I bought it 2 weeks ago. I drive about 126 miles to work and home. Since I bought it the mileage after every charge is getting lower and lower. Now, at 100% charge I get 197 miles which is suppose to be 274. Anyone else experiencing this?

·
Registered
8 Posts
So I have a AWD Wind EV6. I bought it 2 weeks ago. I drive about 126 miles to work and home. Since I bought it the mileage after every charge is getting lower and lower. Now, at 100% charge I get 197 miles which is suppose to be 274. Anyone else experiencing this?
What is the temperature doing? You won't get the stated mileage in the winter as it gets colder the charge your battery can hold and the mileage you get drops. Also I am not sure how the predictive software of driving distance works on a KIA works but on my Honda the mileage estimate is based on the previous days driving averages.... I get 40% less driving distance on really cold days (and by that I mean temps around freezing). But in July I often get more than advertised distance when temps stay in the 90s all the time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What is the temperature doing? You won't get the stated mileage in the winter as it gets colder the charge your battery can hold and the mileage you get drops. Also I am not sure how the predictive software of driving distance works on a KIA works but on my Honda the mileage estimate is based on the previous days driving averages.... I get 40% less driving distance on really cold days (and by that I mean temps around freezing). But in July I often get more than advertised distance when temps stay in the 90s all the time.
I live in California . So hopefully when summer hits it will change.

·
Registered
Snow White Pearl GT-Line AWD
1,406 Posts
Also remember that those number are based on prior driving habits as well. So if you have been pretty foot heavy having fun with the instant torque, thats going to be reflected.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Keep in mind, just like ICE vehicles, if you are driving it hard or at higher speeds, it will affect the range. The stated numbers are an average based on city and highway driving and probably done a the speed limit. I tend to get higher mileage on local streets, than if I drive on the highway at 80-90 as the speeds are around here.

·
Registered
F.E. 208/1500 Matte Gray $5K markup (Oxendale Kia)
183 Posts
mine reads 282 at 100%, think you can reset this stats. believe this is base off of how you drive it. :)

·
Registered
496 Posts
I did my first post-vehicle purchase charge on my EV6 FE the other day; remaining battery charge just prior to charging was 83% and 57 miles driven (roughly 55/45 ratio city/hwy driving) since last charge (which was performed at the dealership); according to my Kia Connect app, it currently shows my estimated range as 301 miles upon charge completion:
Car Vehicle Tire Wheel Font

Granted I haven't put a lot of miles on my vehicle yet--I just wanted to familiarize myself on knowing how to charge my vehicle (this is my very first EV) as well as making sure that the charger actually functions. I will be putting another ~240 miles on the clock today, much of it spent on the freeway--will see what estimated range will look like when I recharge again afterwards.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Every one of my gas vehicles does the same thing. If I take a highway road trip with optimum miles, my fil up range is greater. Then if I drive stop ands go in the city, my fill up range is shorter. That's because the range is a prediction on what you were doing, not what you are going to actually do. So don't sweat the small stuff, enjoy your car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Temperature is about 45° on my way to work since I drive to work at 3:30am. Hopefully when it gets warmer the mileage will get better. When I charge at 100% I only get 193-196 miles which is suppose to be 274.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
The 274 mile is the EPA estimate, you well never see those #, as we cant meet the conditions that those test were run in, all reviews on you tube show the avg to be closer to 225 miles, and that is about what i am seeing,
your lie o meter is based on your life time kwh , you can reset that in trip meter page.
run in eco, coast a lot, and no heavy foot, it gets good mileage[ not very fun , but}

·
Registered
326 Posts
Albeit we are in SoCal and ambient Temps like 60s to 80s when we charge. But we get a guesstimate of 301 miles on FE at a 100 percent charge.
The 274 mile is the EPA estimate, you well never see those #, as we cant meet the conditions that those test were run in, all reviews on you tube show the avg to be closer to 225 miles, and that is about what i am seeing,
your lie o meter is based on your life time kwh , you can reset that in trip meter page.
run in eco, coast a lot, and no heavy foot, it gets good mileage[ not very fun , but}
Actually last week we took a 186 mile trip, 175 miles on the interstate at 75 mph and when we returned home, of the actual 186 miles driven, with the AC on as ambient temps were 80 and sunny in So Cal, we decreased our expected range by 191 miles, a difference of only 5 and that was in ECO mode, 2 adults traveling. So I have no complaints.

·
Registered
EV6 wind 2022
18 Posts
Also remember that those number are based on prior driving habits as well.
I did not realize that. I thought the fuel range listed after charging would be the range Kia advertises. I'm pretty sure that's how it works for Tesla. We've found that when we charge our EV6 (Wind, RWD, 19" tires) to 100% it shows about 280 mi range, not the advertised 310. This in central CA, temp in 50-60s °F. We'll try to note how it changes over time.

·
Registered
EV6 GT-L RWD
243 Posts
I did not realize that. I thought the fuel range listed after charging would be the range Kia advertises. I'm pretty sure that's how it works for Tesla. We've found that when we charge our EV6 (Wind, RWD, 19" tires) to 100% it shows about 280 mi range, not the advertised 310. This in central CA, temp in 50-60s °F. We'll try to note how it changes over time.
Mine regularly shows over 310 at 100% charge (GT-L RWD), most of the driving is around town in eco mode here in socal.

·
Registered
Snow White Pearl GT-Line AWD
1,406 Posts
I just charged my AWD GT-Line to 100%. EPA lists it at 274 miles for the AWD version.

Automotive design Gadget Font Personal luxury car Motor vehicle

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Tesla is special. Every car I’ve had with a trip computer calculated the DTE (distance to empty) based on previous driving. Some were more sophisticated than others but given that the EV6 immediately changes the value when you increase or decrease the climate control temperature (i.e. heater usage) or drive mode, I suspect it’s bit quicker to do the calculations after driving.

Now I haven’t picked up my EV6 so this is based on what I’ve read from you owners posting your results and experiences.

·
Registered
EV6 wind 2022
18 Posts
The 274 mile is the EPA estimate, you well never see those #
Kia claims 310 for the RWD Wind w/19" tires. We see somewhere around 250 when we charge to 90% (90% of 280 = 252). We'll watch it and see what happens after repeated charges and I'll also pay attention to what happens when the heat or AC is turned on or off.

However, my ICE vehicles typically get better than the EPA listing. My most recent car is a 2010 Subaru Forester that gets 32-34 mpg driving in the mountains. EPA highway is something like 28 and city 22.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts