Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to check in with the forum to let everyone know that my wife took delivery of FE #1 in Matte Grey. Its an a amazing car. Not sure whether an FE adds long-term value to the car but its pretty amazing that we have #1. I suspect that it will enhance value when we sell it in a few years to its next owner. Looking forward to sharing our experiences with this feat of engineering. I actually prefer the dark colored fenders on the FE to body color. We are going to wrap the car because of its matte pain and now can exclude the fenders. I think that the black actually enhances the perceived size of the wheels and the size of the wheel arches. Too much worry over the GT-line vs FE body kit. Really everyone, get over it!

Hood Automotive design Azure Automotive lighting Bumper

Registered
2022 Kia EV6 First Edition Steel Gray Matte
Wanted to check in with the forum to let everyone know that my wife took delivery of FE #1 in Matte Grey. Its an a amazing car. Not sure whether an FE adds long-term value to the car but its pretty amazing that we have #1. I suspect that it will enhance value when we sell it in a few years to its next owner. Looking forward to sharing our experiences with this feat of engineering. I actually prefer the dark colored fenders on the FE to body color. We are going to wrap the car because of its matte pain and now can exclude the fenders. I think that the black actually enhances the perceived size of the wheels and the size of the wheel arches. Too much worry over the GT-line vs FE body kit. Really everyone, get over it!

View attachment 2391
Congratulations! 馃帀

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Very cool! Congrats.
I enjoyed your typo "matte pain" - seems to say it all
Thanks much! Yes, it must have been a Freudian slip. I was trying to talk my wife out of the matte but she insisted. I think she was right; this color/paint combo looks spectacular. Actually think that with paint protection film plus ceramic coating in exposed areas, wont be too bad.

Registered
2022 Kia EV6 GT-Line RWD
Too much worry over the matte paint! Really everyone, get over it! Works both ways 馃槢 Definitely prefer the GT-Line exterior to the FE. But hey you got #1 and I agree that should help with value in the future.

Registered
Kia EV6 limited

View attachment 2391
Please let us know how much it cost to wrap it. I am thinking about doing the same.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Please let us know how much it cost to wrap it. I am thinking about doing the same.
Still trying to nail down a price. If you do it, you must have your detailer use matte specific paint protection film or they will add a sheen to the paint. Same holds true for the ceramic coating.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Interesting, they also said the reservation holder backed out and that it was for sale. Are you not the reservation holder @GED?
No, we did not reserve the car. Saw another one on another lot which had been pre-sold. My wife loved it. I called around and found #1 which had arrived that day. I did pay a dealer markup of 5k (talked them down from an initial 12k) I am ok with this markup. They have very few cars on their lot secondary to supply chain issues; tough for them to make money. In exchange, I own the first edition of the first edition, we have a car now while others will have to wait many months, and I am guaranteed a $7500 tax right- off which is bound to disappear at some point.

Registered
If you want to safely protect your matte paint, then I suggest the following: Call your local Ferrari dealer OR Porsche dealer OR Bentley dealer OR Astin Martin dealer OR Mazerrati dealer etc and ask them what detailing shop they use for their customer's cars.

Registered
They have very few cars on their lot secondary to supply chain issues; tough for them to make money.
Please dont ever feel bad for a car dealer. They make plenty of money especially with the insane mark-up. They are getting over 100 vehicles a week preselling them or selling them almost immediately. There are truck loads of back end cash they get from the manufacturer along with financing revenue, ect.

If they werent making truck loads of money, then most multi dealer franchisees wouldnt own corporate jets.

Registered
Please dont ever feel bad for a car dealer. They make plenty of money especially with the insane mark-up. They are getting over 100 vehicles a week preselling them or selling them almost immediately. There are truck loads of back end cash they get from the manufacturer along with financing revenue, ect.

If they werent making truck loads of money, then most multi dealer franchisees wouldnt own corporate jets.
Normally you are 100% correct. Yes, they generally make lots of money. Unfortunately a lot of employees are not working. Sales staff is just about starving. A lot have left the industry. Parts and service have huge backorder issues. Supplies, etc. They figuratively have zero inventory. Cars are selling - no idea where the capital is coming from, but they are selling! Strange times.

The big issue is the dealers have not learned and are in the dark ages. They still jack up prices for the quick hit and not the long play. The dealer model will change and I think manufacturers are already working it out. GM is quietly working on that from what I have read. GM!

The next 20 years of the world will be interesting in more ways than one. Especially the automotive world.

This car is a great step!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 29 Posts