Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 FE - Glacier White
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my plan here is very personal and has to do with my specific time constraints.

On 12/23 I had a total knee replacement done that prevents me from driving for 5-6 weeks anyhow. So I sold my current 2020 Rogue to Carvana on 12/21 and got $1000 more than still owed (very happy about that). Also saving 6 weeks insurance (at minimum) and 6 weeks worth of car payments where it literally would of been sitting in garage.

Anyhow, obviously I am concerned about when the FEs will arrive (this cutting it very close). EV6 is still not w preferred EV but hoping to hear some actual news here in January.

My backup? Well I ordered a specific Polestar 2 with the exact options I desire for February in case the EV6 is actually delayed significantly.

I can rent to add a few more weeks to my no car time and wait for EV6 but only willing to do that for do long.

C’mon KIA!!!

·
Super Moderator
518 Posts
Sorry to read of your knee issues, hope the operation has solved this for you.

Fingers crossed on your time frame for your car or car's. 🤞

·
Registered
24 Posts
So my plan here is very personal and has to do with my specific time constraints.

On 12/23 I had a total knee replacement done that prevents me from driving for 5-6 weeks anyhow. So I sold my current 2020 Rogue to Carvana on 12/21 and got $1000 more than still owed (very happy about that). Also saving 6 weeks insurance (at minimum) and 6 weeks worth of car payments where it literally would of been sitting in garage.

Anyhow, obviously I am concerned about when the FEs will arrive (this cutting it very close). EV6 is still not w preferred EV but hoping to hear some actual news here in January.

My backup? Well I ordered a specific Polestar 2 with the exact options I desire for February in case the EV6 is actually delayed significantly.

I can rent to add a few more weeks to my no car time and wait for EV6 but only willing to do that for do long.

C’mon KIA!!!
If its any help - I had a total knee replacement (too many years cricket destroyed the cartilage) at the end of May. Within 2 weeks walking 2 miles a day with a single crutch, no crutch from week 3 and by week 4 walking 4 miles a day on the hilly terrain around mid-wales plus 20k a day on the exercise bike. Never looked back so hope it was as successful as mine.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Best wishes for you and your situation. I'm lucky as I'm not in a hurry as my wife and I can get away with one car. I'm exploring other EVs in case my dealer decides on a mark-up and the polestar is a nice package, I'm just not sure I can buy a car made in China for mostly political reasons. There does seem to be very good availability for the Polestar, I live a couple of miles from a polestar dealer and there are plenty on the lot. I hope KIA comes through for both of us!

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'm exploring other EVs in case my dealer decides on a mark-up and the polestar is a nice package, I'm just not sure I can buy a car made in China for mostly political reasons. There does seem to be very good availability for the Polestar... I hope KIA comes through for both of us!
Yes, yes. And can easily order Polestar online with no shenanigans for quick delivery (in California). That's what I'll do if the Kia dealer marks up the FE. The new Volvo C40 (no X, not XC40) may be a good option for some. It's from Belgium. We'll all know in the next couple of weeks where this is heading.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, yes. And can easily order Polestar online with no shenanigans for quick delivery (in California). That's what I'll do if the Kia dealer marks up the FE. The new Volvo C40 (no X, not XC40) may be a good option for some. It's from Belgium. We'll all know in the next couple of weeks where this is heading.
Yes they have some for immediate or January delivery in scottsdale Polestar but nothing with my exact color and options. If going to swap to Polestar want exactly what I want with no compromise and that takes slightly longer.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Best wishes for you and your situation. I'm lucky as I'm not in a hurry as my wife and I can get away with one car. I'm exploring other EVs in case my dealer decides on a mark-up and the polestar is a nice package, I'm just not sure I can buy a car made in China for mostly political reasons. There does seem to be very good availability for the Polestar, I live a couple of miles from a polestar dealer and there are plenty on the lot. I hope KIA comes through for both of us!
Polestar 3 will be built in America.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts