Kia EV6 Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
First Edition #77
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Thanks @xcb5. I believe this is their website. I'm guessing you got their Trinity coating.

Yep. That’s the one

·
Registered
First Edition #77
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I think in the next several months you'll have access to body-colored wheel arches as parts for your FEs, Winds, and Lights.
Yes but the only problem is the black arches tie into the front and rear bumpers at the bottom. I thought it would have looked more awkward to wrap the arches matte silver / replacing them so I went this route instead.

·
Registered
52 Posts
You beat me to it. Doing same thing to mine this week. Well PPF over matte finish and Ceramic on everything else - even over PPF. Black wrap on roof and roof rails. I pulled my badges and ordered new and will paint the hood emblem matte to match car - monochromatic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
607 Posts
You beat me to it. Doing same thing to mine this week. Well PPF over matte finish and Ceramic on everything else - even over PPF. Black wrap on roof and roof rails. I pulled my badges and ordered new and will paint the hood emblem matte to match car - monochromatic.

Why did you order new badges? Were you able to get them in a different finish?

·
Registered
First Edition #77
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
That front air dam goes from looking super dorky with the chrome strip to maybe looking even better than the GT with that stupid chrome lip gone. Did they pull any of the trim to wrap it or do it all in place?
Completely agree. This front flows much better with the overall design. Thinking about adding some LED DRL fogs but haven’t been able to find any that don’t look tacky

·
Registered
52 Posts
Why did you order new badges? Were you able to get them in a different finish?
I called Kia and front badge was two days out. Same as Stinger I believe, so available. I ordered two. Will paint one trim - matte - black and I am going to paint the other same color as car - matte gray. Just whatever color code is for car - on drivers door sticker - and then paint matte clear.

Will see which look I like best. Leaving back emblems off. I think monochromatic front emblem will look pretty stealth and keep people guessing. I had guys in a tricked out old RX8 staring at it :)

Probably going to buy new center caps and use model paint to matte gray or black the kIa badge on cap.

I usually get lots of positive vibes on the cars I “modify” been doing it for 34 years. I don’t think I have ever had a stock car, but everything I do is reversible and I keep original parts where possible - original badges not reusable.

I will post up when done. Probably a few weeks. Bad weather coming to Dallas, car is clean and not leaving garage until weather clears. My Xpel guy is rescheduling for next week.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts