Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2023 EV6 GT-Line - Runway Red
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After months of waiting, reading these forums, and checking xisve.com, my 2023 Runway Red GT-Line AWD with suede seats is finally home! I bought it and drove it home this afternoon, and I'm absolutely in love with the car. I'd rented a Wind RWD without Tech using Turo for a few days last year and really enjoyed it. The GT-Line has so many great upgrades, and the Runway Red is so striking! I worked with Shane Dorman at Leith Kia in Wendell, NC, to get it for MSRP. If you're in NC and want a no-nonsense deal, Shane's the guy to work with: friendly, communicative, and attentive at all stages of the buying process.

Here are some timing details for US folks -- it might help set some expectations for when cars might show up. This might become less relevant if inventories continue to pile up due to higher interest rates, loss of the tax credit, and/or Tesla's price cut:

Ordered: July 6, 2022

Confirmed allocation with dealer + VIN appears as Pre-Transit on xisve.com: December 19, 2022

Updates from the dealer on the delivery of the car to the dealership:
  • January 4 (on December 19)
  • January 7 (on December 27)
  • January 14 (on January 5)
  • January 16 (on January 11)
Arrival at the port (Port of Brunswick), either:
  • Morning Charlotte on January 4, 2023; or
  • Morning Lena on January 7, 2023 (odds are it was aboard this ship, which came directly from SK)
Arrived at the dealership: January 16, 2023
Bought it and took delivery: January 20, 2023

In-Transit on xisve.com: never happened
In-stock on xisve.com: never happened

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Audi r8

· Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just wait it will happen to you! I decided to immediately apply a ceramic coating, Gtechniq CS lite, and topped it with Gtechniq EXO...I dont know if it enhanced the shine, but I felt it should help me maintain it.
Haha, yeah, I’ve noticed a lot of looks on the road but haven’t been in a parking lot long enough to have someone approach me and the car to chat. Looking forward to that!

I’m contemplating Gtechique ceramic coating + EXO too. The best ceramic coat pro where I live is booked out until March 3rd. Debating the value and utility of it - I really enjoy detailing my car and am tempted to just continue taking care of it myself. Have all the Griots stuff already (G8 and G9 for polishing and waxing, ceramic all-in-one and 3-in-1 waxes, etc.). Be interesting to chat with folks who’ve had both pro ceramic and DIY ceramic-wax hybrids and whether the difference is worth it.

· Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Congrats! Are red EVs cop magnets?
Haha, my wife saw the car when we went to pick it up and first thing she said was "Wow! You're going to get so many tickets in that thing." I'm planning a drive from North Carolina to Texas and back in late February into early March. I'll post a travel thread when I'm done with details on the car's performance, how DC charging works (all EA chargers except for one EVgo on the way out there). and how many tickets and/or warnings I get! :ROFLMAO:!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts