Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
After nearly eight months my EV6 GT Line has arrived.

I am still a new baby in electric world and learning.

Any advice recommendations to help optimize energy consumption please.

At the moment looks everything possible is enabled on the car.

Also I need help with connecting Android Auto via Bluetooth.

Thanks a lot.

Regards,
Raj.

· Registered
Ordered EV6 GT-Line S AWD in Glacier White with Heat Pump and Puddle Lamps early March 2022
179 Posts
Congratulations Raj on your new acquisition!
What exact model and when did you order please?
Happy and safe driving

· Registered
Pearl white, ordered March 2022, expected Jan 2023 (probably later)
75 Posts
Android auto is wired only unfortunately. No idea if/when it'll be converted to wireless.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Congratulations Raj on your new acquisition!
What exact model and when did you order please?
Happy and safe driving
Hi Paul,
Thanks for your reply.

Mine is GT-Line RWD.
Few surprises...
1) There is no more cameras on side view mirrors, replaced with some high tech sensors.
2) V2L adaptor does not come back with the car it must be purchased separately.

I must say there is quite a lot of tech...it controls so much for you.
It is a new experience I must say...a lot of learning inspite of driving for decades.

At the moment I am trying to get the optimal settings for different rides so that I get the best range.

Regards,
Raj.

· Registered
431 Posts
I’m very curious about this! Can you take a picture?
It's a GT-LINE like mine - this UK spec is the one under the top spec GT-LINE S. It does not come with the cameras in the wing mirrors for Blind Spot view on the screen behind the steering wheel.
The other things not included are Meridian Sound, Powered Tailgate, 360 view parking, HDA2 amongst others.

The car was originally specced to include both V2L socket and Granny Charger. You need to look at the spec sheet at the time of order and if these bits are missing, demand a refund as they add up to a few hundred pounds. Models sold from November(ish) don't come with these included. If you say you ordered 8 months ago, I would guess they should have been included. The benefit of ordering the GT-LINE RWD in the UK is that it seems to arrive more quickly than the other specs.

To increase driving efficiency - don't drive it in the cold, lol!!

Also did you receive your KIA Charge card? If so, make sure to activate it before the deadline for the cheap 1-year Ionity deal.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's a GT-LINE like mine - this UK spec is the one under the top spec GT-LINE S. It does not come with the cameras in the wing mirrors for Blind Spot view on the screen behind the steering wheel.
The other things not included are Meridian Sound, Powered Tailgate, 360 view parking, HDA2 amongst others.

The car was originally specced to include both V2L socket and Granny Charger. You need to look at the spec sheet at the time of order and if these bits are missing, demand a refund as they add up to a few hundred pounds. Models sold from November(ish) don't come with these included. If you say you ordered 8 months ago, I would guess they should have been included. The benefit of ordering the GT-LINE RWD in the UK is that it seems to arrive more quickly than the other specs.

Also did you receive your KIA Charge card? If so, make sure to activate it before the deadline for the cheap 1-year Ionity deal.

Thanks for the clarification.

This makes a lot sense now...I have contacted the dealer and asked him about V2L connector.
He said my car is a 2023 model even though I had ordered 8 months ago...but still I insisted I need the adaptor because I have paid for it.

I really don't know what new has been added in 2023 model.

I have installed Kia Charge app on my phone.
I don't recollect getting any information on this from the dealer.

Will update soon.

Thanks.

· Registered
431 Posts

This makes a lot sense now...I have contacted the dealer and asked him about V2L connector.
He said my car is a 2023 model even though I had ordered 8 months ago...but still I insisted I need the adaptor because I have paid for it.

Will update soon.

Thanks.
Make sure you register the Kia Charge card and hopefully you can still sign up for the cheap Ionity charging 25p/kwh for one year. I think you have to pay £3 for the card, but the ionity Subscription should be free for 1 year instead of £12 a month.

The main addition in the 2023 model is battery preconditioning when navigating to a fast charger, so if you are going to use a DCFC you need to set that charger as a destination in the satnav before driving to it. This heats the battery in the winter which improves charging time. This is a feature that should be included in all EVs, and KIA made a gross error not including it on the 2022 models.

Not many people have 2023's so no idea if anything else is changed.

Regarding the V2L, it's going to be interesting to see what the dealer says. You probably ordered after the 1st price increase, but before the 2nd - so you haven't done too bad price-wise to have an MY2023. It will help if you have the spec sheet from August that shows the socket included.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Make sure you register the Kia Charge card and hopefully you can still sign up for the cheap Ionity charging 25p/kwh for one year. I think you have to pay £3 for the card, but the ionity Subscription should be free for 1 year instead of £12 a month.

The main addition in the 2023 model is battery preconditioning when navigating to a fast charger, so if you are going to use a DCFC you need to set that charger as a destination in the satnav before driving to it. This heats the battery in the winter which improves charging time. This is a feature that should be included in all EVs, and KIA made a gross error not including it on the 2022 models.

Not many people have 2023's so no idea if anything else is changed.

Regarding the V2L, it's going to be interesting to see what the dealer says. You probably ordered after the 1st price increase, but before the 2nd - so you haven't done too bad price-wise to have an MY2023. It will help if you have the spec sheet from August that shows the socket included.
Hi Ian,
I have raised the V2L adaptor issue with KIA yesterday, waiting for reply.
I ordered my EV6 in May last year...I have the brochure I got back then and it says this adaptor is included.
Will update when I hear back from them.

I am new to this preheating thing...does it happen automatically...how long I need to wait before starting to charge.

I plan to charge at home overnight most of the time...but when I am out and about I would want to charge at at Public charge points.
Do I need to preheat when I charge at home as well...I have a wall socket installed already by NewMotion.

Ionity at the moment is very few in the area I live in...I need points more Southeast of England.

Thanks a lot for all the help and info.

Regards,
Raj.

· Registered
14 Posts
Hi Ian,
I have raised the V2L adaptor issue with KIA yesterday, waiting for reply.
I ordered my EV6 in May last year...I have the brochure I got back then and it says this adaptor is included.
Will update when I hear back from them.

I am new to this preheating thing...does it happen automatically...how long I need to wait before starting to charge.

I plan to charge at home overnight most of the time...but when I am out and about I would want to charge at at Public charge points.
Do I need to preheat when I charge at home as well...I have a wall socket installed already by NewMotion.

Ionity at the moment is very few in the area I live in...I need points more Southeast of England.

Thanks a lot for all the help and info.

Regards,
Raj.
You will want to precondition the battery before DC fast charging. This warms up the battery to allow for the high rates of charge. If you are using level 2 (AC charging), you don’t have to precondition because the rate of charging is low enough that it can charge a battery that isn’t warmed.
Preconditioning is not automatic. You have to navigate with the built in navigation the the DC charging station. When you’re ~20 minutes away, you will get a notification on the dash that preconditioning has begun. There will also be an icon change on the battery symbol on your dash.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You will want to precondition the battery before DC fast charging. This warms up the battery to allow for the high rates of charge. If you are using level 2 (AC charging), you don’t have to precondition because the rate of charging is low enough that it can charge a battery that isn’t warmed.
Preconditioning is not automatic. You have to navigate with the built in navigation the the DC charging station. When you’re ~20 minutes away, you will get a notification on the dash that preconditioning has begun. There will also be an icon change on the battery symbol on your dash.

Thanks for the clarification....much appreciated.

· Registered
431 Posts
Once the temperatures are in double figures again, the preconditioning is much less important, but in this freezing weather, it makes a massive difference.

· Registered
431 Posts

Will update soon.

Thanks.
I’m going to ask the stupid question!

Did you get a granny charger with the car? The VTL adaptor comes hidden in the granny charger case..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts