Kia EV6 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Asian Petrolhead compares EV6 to IONIC5:

As mentioned in the UK thread, I found it interesting that he said the Ioniq 5 (barely) handles better than the EV6 (and I believe both cars he tested were the LR AWD with 20" rims). It's possible it's because the Ioniq 5 is a smidge lighter (with the 72kWh battery vs. 77.4kWh on the EV6 on non-NA models)

·
Registered
6 Posts
More than a handful of new UK reviews are on YouTube today September 6. All at same location. Embargo must have lifted.

·
Registered
60 Posts

There's also a number of video reviews posted on the UK thread on page 17 and 18.

·
Registered
19 Posts

There's also a number of video reviews posted on the UK thread on page 17 and 18.

The problem with this review of the GT line (which I believe it's the one I viewed at my local dealer) is that it has extras that are not standard to the GT Line - according to the Kia website -. For example, the GT Line doesn't have a powered tailgate. It doesn't have the overtaking mirror view flash up on the screen. It doesn't have automatic door handles. It doesn't have 360 degree all round vision. It doesn't have meridan speakers. It doesn't have 20" wheels. I'm not sure about the reclining rear seats. All these ARE on the GT Line S.......so is this an 'S' ?
It doesn't bother me as I will still be going for the GT Line. But misleading if you haven't researched.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
From the UK vids I have seen, the car they have in the videos is the GT Line S. Remember for press events, the manufacturer provides the top of the line, loaded with all the options, version. That let’s you see what you can get the car with. After the initial launch, when other trims are available, we will get more video of the lower trims.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Apparently it's a bit of a mash up between the GT Line & The GT Line S.
That's according to one of the Kia Rep's who is doing the rounds with the car to all the dealers.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Apparently it's a bit of a mash up between the GT Line & The GT Line S.
That's according to one of the Kia Rep's who is doing the rounds with the car to all the dealers.
That's what I thought. One problem - for me - is that if you go on the Kia website to 'build your car' the GT Line wheels are a different style to the ones on the preview car....which I want. I just hope you have a choice or can pay to have that choice.

·
Registered
17 Posts
"Why i decided not to buy EV6". This review is very positive actually ;) ( "in the Ionic5 it feels like you are sitting in the kitchen"), he is just waiting for even better Kia EV model in the future:

·
Registered
27 Posts
“What stopped me from buying the Kia EV6” was that something better might come out in the next year or two.

Not an argument that I found particularly convincing!

·
Registered
4 Posts
“What stopped me from buying the Kia EV6” was that something better might come out in the next year or two.

Not an argument that I found particularly convincing!
Yeah, and if an interesting new model comes out in a year or two, it still might be 8-12 month wait after order has been placed.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts