Kia EV6 Forum banner
41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 First Edition Steel Gray Matte
119 Posts
First thing I'm gonna do with my V2L adapter.....

..... plug in my OWN EV6! LOL

Wanna see what happens when you plug it into itself!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
First thing I'm gonna do with my V2L adapter.....

..... plug in my OWN EV6! LOL

Wanna see what happens when you plug it into itself!
Soooo......, how exactly do you plan on accomplishing that? With the charge port already occupied with the V2L adapter, where would you plug it on the car?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Soooo......, how exactly do you plan on accomplishing that? With the charge port already occupied with the V2L adapter, where would you plug it on the car?
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You're so smart! ;-)

·
Registered
25 Posts
What you can do.... is to use the 'wall socket' under the backseat and use the 'home charger' to charge it with max. 16Amps.
big question if that could work.... (not that it will help... :p)

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
What you can do.... is to use the 'wall socket' under the backseat and use the 'home charger' to charge it with max. 16Amps.
LOL, that's one way to go however, as noted that wouldn't do anything. Did see a video in the past of a guy that did something similar with his Prius but that car had an engine to generate the power to provide charge to the battery and that was done while he was driving the car. Don't recall exactly how he did it but that did happen.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Definitely doing this! LOLOLOL

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yeah, and if an interesting new model comes out in a year or two, it still might be 8-12 month wait after order has been placed.
And you could argue that in one or two year newer (maybe "better") model will come out. Much like how it is will everything, mobile , pc , tv etc
IF you know for sure there is a model coming out that fits your need much better then sure but just waiting for the sake of maybe something new comes out ......

·
Registered
13 Posts
Still waiting to see some pics or video the standard 58 kWh edition, without the glossy wheel arches, the fabric seats, no ambient lighting etc. As that is all I can afford. Wondering if it will ruin the car or the experience too much and if I should just look elsewhere.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Still waiting to see some pics or video the standard 58 kWh edition, without the glossy wheel arches, the fabric seats, no ambient lighting etc. As that is all I can afford. Wondering if it will ruin the car or the experience too much and if I should just look elsewhere.
Hey there Phusebox, happy Monday and welcome to the forum!

Fundamentally, the vehicle will remain the same. The ride, room, basic features, and function will all remain the same as well. It's going to be a wonderful vehicle for the money!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey there Phusebox, happy Monday and welcome to the forum!

Fundamentally, the vehicle will remain the same. The ride, room, basic features, and function will all remain the same as well. It's going to be a wonderful vehicle for the money!
I am afraid the power of the engine will not be enough for this heavy car. The 0-100 speed is slower than my small petrol engine that I have now.

Also afraid that the interior quality will be really inferior compared to the plus or gt line models.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I am afraid the power of the engine will not be enough for this heavy car. The 0-100 speed is slower than my small petrol engine that I have now.

Also afraid that the interior quality will be really inferior compared to the plus or gt line models.
If it's like the Mach-E.. the smaller battery is less weight and it is actually faster than the larger battery (assuming both RWD). AWD will always be faster though.

·
Registered
13 Posts
If it's like the Mach-E.. the smaller battery is less weight and it is actually faster than the larger battery (assuming both RWD). AWD will always be faster though.
It has less horsepower than the e-Niro in the 58 kWh version...

·
Registered
119 Posts

It will definitely be slower than the AWD model but you have to remember that the torque is INSTANT as opposed to having a peak curve. It will still be quick to drive.

As for build quality, they build them on the same assembly line with the same attention to detail. It won't be quite as cool, but no one will know when they see you driving by that you bought the inexpensive one. LOL

·
Registered
13 Posts
It will definitely be slower than the AWD model but you have to remember that the torque is INSTANT as opposed to having a peak curve. It will still be quick to drive.

As for build quality, they build them on the same assembly line with the same attention to detail. It won't be quite as cool, but no one will know when they see you driving by that you bought the inexpensive one. LOL
The 58 kWh version had 128 kW power and the the 77 kWh has 168 kW.

Wish I had the money to get the 77 kWh. That would also be much better long term.

I might still get the e-Niro, although I hate the looks and I feel like a grandpa when driving it (test drive).

·
Registered
29 Posts
The 58 kWh version had 128 kW power and the the 77 kWh has 168 kW.

Wish I had the money to get the 77 kWh. That would also be much better long term.

I might still get the e-Niro, although I hate the looks and I feel like a grandpa when driving it (test drive).
More power doesn't mean faster. The Mach-E RWD Standard vs. Extended - there's an increase of 30+ HP on the bigger battery (lower IR, more amps can be pushed) but the 0 to 60mph numbers are WORSE. It's the extra weight.

The only way to know is to find the 0 to 60mph (0 to 100 km/h for Europeans) acceleration numbers between the two battery types.

·
Registered
13 Posts
More power doesn't mean faster. The Mach-E RWD Standard vs. Extended - there's an increase of 30+ HP on the bigger battery (lower IR, more amps can be pushed) but the 0 to 60mph numbers are WORSE. It's the extra weight.

The only way to know is to find the 0 to 60mph (0 to 100 km/h for Europeans) acceleration numbers between the two battery types.
Yes I understand. The 58 kWh is 1 second slower: 8.5s

My current BMW does it in 8.2 ;)

But yes, power and speed isn't everything. Just afraid this 58 kWh will be worth only 20% after 5 years.

41 - 60 of 61 Posts