Kia EV6 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
1. Range 225 miles.
2. Cannot turn the climate control fan off without going to the home screen climate control.
3. Home link garage door opener only works when the car is on.
4. One pedal driving has to be set again every time the car is turned on.
5. Rear hatch misaligned with body.
6. Don't get me started on the matte paint care requirements.

Anybody else having these problems?
I have an issue I was wondering about, I have the ev6 wind 310 Mike version, I've had the car for two weeks and it says max charge is 293, is this a manufacturing error or is it just calculating based on my driving at this point? I have not reset the accumulated mi/kwh info

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 FE
57 Posts
I have an issue I was wondering about, I have the ev6 wind 310 Mike version, I've had the car for two weeks and it says max charge is 293, is this a manufacturing error or is it just calculating based on my driving at this point? I have not reset the accumulated mi/kwh info
That sounds pretty good to me. I have the AWD (274 mile range, EPA combined) and in the real world I have been getting ~240 (3.1 mi/kWh)

·
Registered
52 Posts
It has the max range when new in ideal conditions. Technically, you can drive past the range meter. Go ahead and try, I dare you…. But you can. The gauge is saying “the way you drive and the systems you use, you will get this range.” It will charge to max capacity, but the range meter says you drive like “this” and this is what you will get - xxx - your max range. I drove my Soul past the meter, it slowed down and got me home, but about 10 miles past.

I am seeing 3.4 miKW (forget the scale) but anyway, times 75kw = 255mi. I am really seeing about 2.9-3.1 = sport mode. Was driving in Eco on Hwy, but have settled on Normal for most driving.

The car has the capacity of 310 if you can average 4.1 miKW. Good luck with that! Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
It has the max range when new in ideal conditions. Technically, you can drive past the range meter. Go ahead and try, I dare you…. But you can. The gauge is saying “the way you drive and the systems you use, you will get this range.” It will charge to max capacity, but the range meter says you drive like “this” and this is what you will get - xxx - your max range. I drove my Soul past the meter, it slowed down and got me home, but about 10 miles past.

I am seeing 3.4 miKW (forget the scale) but anyway, times 75kw = 255mi. I am really seeing about 2.9-3.1 = sport mode. Was driving in Eco on Hwy, but have settled on Normal for most driving.

The car has the capacity of 310 if you can average 4.1 miKW. Good luck with that! Cheers.

Ahhh that makes sense, I get about 2.5-3.5 kwh depending on the temp and drive mode

·
Registered
68 Posts
I was getting 290-300 range showing until I took my first out of town trip to Austin from Dallas. This is considered a day trip in Texas about 200 miles. When I pulled out at 100% battery the range was 296. The temp was in the 50's so no climate control at all. I made it to an electrify America 195 miles away with 10% left. I used the 350kw charge and filled to 80 in about 22 minutes. (it was $7.15 and free!) I averaged about 75 mph because the traffic goes at 80-85. I still don't think my Evie has recovered! 😂 I have not seen ranges close to before the trip since. I have to charge to 90% just to have a range of 200. Getting about 3.3- 3.4 since coming back to from that trip. Will the range ever come back to the 270-280?

And one more thing, the person who agreed to allow the front and back door arms rest have piano black plastic needs to be smacked a couple of times. Damn! Stop with the chrome and piano black plastic in the dash and car.

·
Registered
2022 EV6 GT-Line AWD Aurora Black Pearl
249 Posts
I was getting 290-300 range showing until I took my first out of town trip to Austin from Dallas. This is considered a day trip in Texas about 200 miles. When I pulled out at 100% battery the range was 296. The temp was in the 50's so no climate control at all. I made it to an electrify America 195 miles away with 10% left. I used the 350kw charge and filled to 80 in about 22 minutes. (it was $7.15 and free!) I averaged about 75 mph because the traffic goes at 80-85. I still don't think my Evie has recovered! 😂 I have not seen ranges close to before the trip since. I have to charge to 90% just to have a range of 200. Getting about 3.3- 3.4 since coming back to from that trip. Will the range ever come back to the 270-280?

And one more thing, the person who agreed to allow the front and back door arms rest have piano black plastic needs to be smacked a couple of times. Damn! Stop with the chrome and piano black plastic in the dash and car.
This is why that is called the GOM.

Guess-O-Meter.

It's wildly inaccurate when driving conditions change.

·
Registered
68 Posts
This is why that is called the GOM.

Guess-O-Meter.

It's wildly inaccurate when driving conditions change.
Guessing doesn't work for me. I get that it changed while driving long highway distances at fast speeds. I have charged to 90% twice more since then and have been getting almost 3.5 miles per kWh on the two charges. When is it going to reflect that. I have heard that Tesla calculates current driving factors not historical.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I put about 2200 miles so for on my FE since March 5th, lots of highway driving here between Northern and Southern, CA mostly set the cruise control to 75 mph with HDA, without lots of regen braking and downhill terrain, the mile/kWh suffered, but since it can charge so quick from 10% to 80% I have no problem making an extra stop for a quick break.

Overall there are things I am not so happy about, not enough to regret my purchase,
HUD is too 3D ish, under some lighting conditions it is blurry, I love HUD, 1 reason why I picked the top trim
Soft-touch areas are not soft at all,
Too many scratchy plastics,
The armrest is too far back,
Those buttons in the armrest area can be moved somewhere else, it would be nice if they make the capacitive touch screen on the dash double wide and moved all the buttons on the armrest there, cut the top portion of the center console back about 6", move the armrest further up, really help with accidentally touching the heated/cooled seat buttons and easier to reach the bottom storage area.
Get rid of all the piano black
Not having the roof rail
Auto camera on under 6mph does work in most conditions, when I pull up to a parking spot and slowed down to below 6mph it doesn't come on automatically unless there is a threat that the sensors picked up.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Because if your range drops even 20% as the result of frequent charging to 100%, it’s unlikely Kia will replace the battery. Most EV manufacturers will tell you the threshold for replacement might be 70% or less of the original range.

·
Registered
52 Posts
So, I have an electric car and max range is achieved at 100%, but to charge to 100%, I need to discharge to 0% and then only charge to 90% on a daily basis.

Run down to 10-15% and charge to 80/90% for battery longevity and then charge to 100% once a month or long travel.

Is that your understand and explanation. Thanks Ken for sharing. -Rob

·
Registered
68 Posts
I always charge to 100% and as long as you discharge, isn’t that ok? Should I only charge to 90? I figure I drive it and just charge up!

I have read so much that I don't know what to believe about the batteries. I read even if you charge to 100% that the battery is not really at 100% because the useable capacity is less than the total kWh so that you cannot damage the battery. I picked 90% because I wanted to see over 200 miles on the range when I start. I don't think anyone really know the true science so I agree with you! Charge away!

·
Registered
F.E. 208/1500 Matte Gray $5K markup (Oxendale Kia)
176 Posts
1. Noise from front motor when the magnetic clutch is disengaged. Windows down and radio on you can forget its there, or drive in snow mode, or sport.
2. Door handles actuators make noise, like they need liberation. Not sure what to do about that. There pretty noisy and it always maybe think I'm hitting something my car.
3. no pre-cautioning options for battery, before going to the charger.

·
Registered
94 Posts
So, I have an electric car and max range is achieved at 100%, but to charge to 100%, I need to discharge to 0% and then only charge to 90% on a daily basis.

Run down to 10-15% and charge to 80/90% for battery longevity and then charge to 100% once a month or long travel.

Is that your understand and explanation. Thanks Ken for sharing. -Rob

It's never advisable to drain the battery down to 0 for obvious reasons. Running down to 10-14% gives you a buffer in case the first charger you pull into on a road trip is down. That's just another reason why you don't want to pull into a charger at or near 0. What if the charger isn't working? Ooops.

However, as I said before, there's nothing wrong with charging to 100% for longer trips and then running down to 10-15%. The other reason people don't make a habit of charging to 100% is that it takes the longest time charging from 90%-100% since charging times are not linear. All charging times increase as you get closer to maximum capacity. That's true on virtually all EVs. The good news is that the EV6 is actually better than most at maintaining a flat charging curve. So if you're trying to shorten your down time at a charger, charging to 100% is not the best use of your time.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts