Kia EV6 Forum banner
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have read so much that I don't know what to believe about the batteries. I read even if you charge to 100% that the battery is not really at 100% because the useable capacity is less than the total kWh so that you cannot damage the battery. I picked 90% because I wanted to see over 200 miles on the range when I start. I don't think anyone really know the true science so I agree with you! Charge away!
The amount of buffer between a true 100% and an indicated 100% differs among manufacturers. Some give a larger buffer to protect the battery and increase longevity. The same is true between a true 0 and an indicated 0 charge.

But hey, it's your car and you can do with it as you like. I'm simply stating the facts of battery charging coming from 3 different EVs. It is what it is and armed with that information you can at least proceed armed with some degree of knowledge.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Regarding #2, I believe you can just push the left knob to turn off fan.
Or just push to talk button on your wheel (short press - long press is for Siri or android) and say "Climate Off".
On that note having to switch between media and A/C control is annoying (Kia what where you thinking) but learning to use voice controls for everything solves it and makes for a safer drive

·
Registered
13 Posts
1. Range 225 miles.
2. Cannot turn the climate control fan off without going to the home screen climate control.
3. Home link garage door opener only works when the car is on.
4. One pedal driving has to be set again every time the car is turned on.
5. Rear hatch misaligned with body.
6. Don't get me started on the matte paint care requirements.

Anybody else having these problems?
If you had your home broken into by getting into a car (or breaking a window to do that) by using homeland to open the grarge, you would appreciate homeland not working when the car is off.
I do like Honda's solution were Homelink works for a little while after you turn off the car but then shuts off.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts