Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Kia EV6 FE - Silver & Charger
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi FE buyers - has anyone received an official update or communication on when to expect their charger? I think I saw someone on Reddit was sent an email.

I haven't received anything, and don't trust my dealer to be on top of it. Public charge and home-trickle is not ideal.

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 First Edition Steel Gray Matte
306 Posts
Hi FE buyers - has anyone received an official update or communication on when to expect their charger? I think I saw someone on Reddit was sent an email.

I haven't received anything, and don't trust my dealer to be on top of it. Public charge and home-trickle is not ideal.
What I did is email the logistics company they use and they responded stating they would submit a support case for me. They sent me a form that needed my address and the type of plug needed for the charger. Here is the email: [email protected]

I think the delay in response is the dealer has to verify with corporate, then corporate sends it to the logistics company to handle. KIA should've included the charger when we picked up our FE.

·
Registered
EV6 FE
47 Posts
Are the free chargers only for the original FE reservation holder. What if you purchase an FE that was reserved by someone who backed out. Do you get their free charger?

·
Registered
Kia EV6 FE - Silver & Charger
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are the free chargers only for the original FE reservation holder. What if you purchase an FE that was reserved by someone who backed out. Do you get their free charger?
I would guess for only the res. holders, as the gift is not with the car at the dealer but shipped after the dealer confirms customer delivery has been completed.

But, I could be wrong. Look for the FE #1/1500 buyer on the forum; they were incredibly not the res. holder.

Edit: additionally, the dealers have no idea how any of it works either. If you find one, press for it.

·
Registered
EV6 GT-L RWD
243 Posts
I have not seen any evidence of reservation gifts getting passed on if you're not the original reservation holder and selector of said free gift (2000kWh charging, Level 2 charger, or Apple Watch).

·
Registered
306 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
I have not seen any evidence of reservation gifts getting passed on if you're not the original reservation holder and selector of said free gift (2000kWh charging, Level 2 charger, or Apple Watch).
Check in with the dealer about this or call corporate. There's a reason why FE has a high premium, it should come with the free gift if the original reserver did not take delivery of the FE.

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 FE Urban Yellow
93 Posts
Reservation holders still get 2000kW total if the charging credit is what they chose as their gift.
Have you received confirmation from Kia or do you have direct knowledge about the 2000 kWh credit yourself? Given the messy start just getting the 1000 kWh credit for all EV6 purchasers as reported elsewhere in the forum, 2000 kWh credit might be a lot to expect.

I asked for the charging credit gift and asked my sales rep about this but he hasn't confirmed yet that I will get 2000 kWh when my FE arrives.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Kia EV6 owners will have three years from the date of purchase to use the 1,000 kWh of complimentary charging. During that time, customers can direct any questions or request guidance from Electrify America’s 24-hour Customer Contact Center.

·
Registered
19 Posts
bought my urban yellow EV6FE on 4/21/22, waited a few days for email on my gift charger. Then sent an email to the address above. Received a response the next day with the form to fill out. I would suggest not waiting for an email, be assertive and send yours right away.

by the way I just love the car.

·
Registered
306 Posts
bought my urban yellow EV6FE on 4/21/22, waited a few days for email on my gift charger. Then sent an email to the address above. Received a response the next day with the form to fill out. I would suggest not waiting for an email, be assertive and send yours right away.

Congratulations on the new EV6!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts