Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took delivery of a cancelled FE in a whirlwind. I omitted the full charge, a totally detailed car as I’d rather do it myself with the SMG paint. However, after leaving and driving home and a few other places I’ve got an an appointment to have the vehicle booked in and hopefully the rattle taken care of.

I’m just a bit sad and hopefully this isn’t a reflection of the remainder of the FE quality as I would send any car back if it made this noise. And I hope I’m not on a road toward constantly taking it in for rattles and the like. I’m hoping it to be something missed (clipped/buckled) inside the rear passenger door panel (I can hear it when I shut the rear door as well). And it’s INCREDIBLY disheartening that in my new “silent” 60k EV that there’s such nonsense screaming from the rear door.

I’ve resorted to having to keep the (amazing) Meridian pumping so I don’t go bat s about it. Just curious if anyone has had a similar problem. I’ll try to upload a video of the sound. Hopefully not too large. I’ll try to figure out a way to upload video. And comment it below.

I think ANYONE would agree that a new car if any brand shouldn’t sound like this or have a rattle this bad off the lot. The dealer has been great about booking it in. But even they were worried about washing it. So now we’re already into taken panels off etc. I’m sure mine will be one of, if not the first, they’re experimenting on taking things apart. And I’d be devastated if I have a band aid patch from the get go.

Any tips on what I should ask for in terms of the “root cause” and the “repair”. I’d prefer it be an OEM total replacement vs perhaps a dealer spot fix.

Thanks folks!

·
Registered
Snow White Pearl GT-Line AWD
1,406 Posts
Not saying this is the cause, but there have been reports that if the rear seatbelts arent in the correct stowed position that they will rattle against the door. Try buckling them and checking if this helps with anything you are hearing.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Not saying this is the cause, but there have been reports that if the rear seatbelts arent in the correct stowed position that they will rattle against the door. Try buckling them and checking if this helps with anything you are hearing.
That is true. I have to move them into position between the seat and the side trim. Very easy when you know it, and it never fails.

Regarding the rattle from the door…. I have seen the inside of a door from an EV6, and it’ll be very apparent if something is loose. There are grooves where the cables are pressed into, and if they are at that correct location they simply don’t rattle. It looks quite impressive actually. It’s nothing like old cars with cables left and right with zip ties and they are where they just happen to be.

I am sure they’ll find the problem in no time.

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just want to throw it out there it’s 100% not the seat belts. Before actually positing a thread I read through and couldn’t find a similar issue. Trust me, unless a seat belt is inside the rear door. It’s not the belt.

They actually, in mine, stay in there spots. The noise can be heard here, and here.

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is true. I have to move them into position between the seat and the side trim. Very easy when you know it, and it never fails.

Regarding the rattle from the door…. I have seen the inside of a door from an EV6, and it’ll be very apparent if something is loose. There a grooves where the cables are pressed into, and if they are at that correct location they simply don’t rattle. It looks quite impressive actually. It’s nothing like old cars with cables left and right with zip ties and they are when they just happen to be.

I am sure they’ll find the problem in no time.
I too saw a picture of the interior of the door. Quite a lot in there for sure. I’m just not looking forward to things being taken apart already. I’m a firm believer in once things come off from the factory. Tabs, clips, etc. maybe just one. Two. Or many. Hopefully none. Never go in the same way. But we shall see.

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
And the sound from the exterior. I’m really trying to NOT be “overly annoyed” about it. Just asking and seeing if anyone has yet to experience this “springy” sound. Especially right off the lot. Listen here.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
the first two from inside almost sound like air intrusion and something rattling from the wind, but when you listen to the outside pic closing the door, its definately a rattle that makes it sound like a loose cable or something.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had this on the rear drivers side on the first FE i bought. The heat didnt work in it either so I brought it back to the dealer. Luckily the dealer had an identical FE on the lot that they let me switch out into. I would bring it back to the dealer to be fixed. Don't expect to get it back quickly though. The dealer can only work on exact instructions from the engineers in Korea.

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the first two from inside almost sound like air intrusion and something rattling from the wind, but when you listen to the outside pic closing the door, its definately a rattle that makes it sound like a loose cable or something.
Yep, it’s not wind noise thankfully. Which would indicate a much larger issue. And as the issue is stationary as it is moving (I am not sure why the road noise was so great in those videos, perhaps because I was close to the highway but the cabin was actually quiet sans rattle).

I’ll have to examine the door panel extrusion of parts and I’ll probably be able to figure it out before it goes in April 5 (but I won’t be attempting to repair myself). It seems too soon for that kind of thing. Don’t ya think?

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I had this on the rear drivers side on the first FE i bought. The heat didnt work in it either so I brought it back to the dealer. Luckily the dealer had an identical FE on the lot that they let me switch out into. I would bring it back to the dealer to be fixed. Don't expect to get it back quickly though. The dealer can only work on exact instructions from the engineers in Korea.
Ah rear driver side and looks like IL dealer? I wonder what the fix was. Can’t seem to find a pic of the rear door panel off. Wish I could get some dynmat stuffed in there while off on both sides.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Try pushing on the outside lower door trim? Is it all right? If it internal to the door, like some one else mentioned, might just be a cable that didn’t get clipped in right. Whatever it is I think will be a simple fix once they identify it.

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Try pushing on the outside lower door trim? Is it all right? If it internal to the door, like some one else mentioned, might just be a cable that didn’t get clipped in right. Whatever it is I think will be a simple fix once they identify it.
Thanks man. Def internal. As it’s heard both in and out and sounds like the inside the “core of the door”.

·
Registered
287 Posts
And the sound from the exterior. I’m really trying to NOT be “overly annoyed” about it. Just asking and seeing if anyone has yet to experience this “springy” sound. Especially right off the lot. Listen here.
That sounds like the chrome list at the bottom of the door is loose and flexes when you close the door. I even think I can see it in the video lol :). Check it out.

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just and update. There was known issue with the factory cable for the heated outboard seats being unclipped from the door panel. They had the remedy and it wasn’t checked into the KIA engineering system. So that rattle is down but now the center upper console and several other places exhibit rattle and road noise that make it highly disappointing to drive. I’m also dealing with the driver seat and cushion slightly”slipping” at times of deceleration or acceleration. Neither issue can be reproduced. And im to the point where I don’t see they can even fix everything. So many da aged parts from the film removal process. Car is still covered in plastic. I have the service docs for the car stating there was “already a known fix for it”.

she told me they took apart the rear view mirror and upper sensor console housing doh to try and find the problem , goes in with one comes out with three.

it would be a truly epic sad day if the car can’t be fixed of the rattles. None of the other EV6s I have drive or rode in have these problems. Guess jumping on the car too quick perhaps. The dealer didn’t do a pre delivery inspection as we were rushed for time.
does anyone have a copy ?

·
Registered
287 Posts
Just and update. There was known issue with the factory cable for the heated outboard seats being unclipped from the door panel. They had the remedy and it wasn’t checked into the KIA engineering system. So that rattle is down but now the center upper console and several other places exhibit rattle and road noise that make it highly disappointing to drive. I’m also dealing with the driver seat and cushion slightly”slipping” at times of deceleration or acceleration. Neither issue can be reproduced. And im to the point where I don’t see they can even fix everything. So many da aged parts from the film removal process. Car is still covered in plastic. I have the service docs for the car stating there was “already a known fix for it”.

she told me they took apart the rear view mirror and upper sensor console housing doh to try and find the problem , goes in with one comes out with three.

it would be a truly epic sad day if the car can’t be fixed of the rattles. None of the other EV6s I have drive or rode in have these problems. Guess jumping on the car too quick perhaps. The dealer didn’t do a pre delivery inspection as we were rushed for time.
Your experience with the car can’t be further away from mine in any way. I hope you’ll get it all fixed. That is not okay.

·
Registered
2022 Stinger, 2019 Sorento, 2017 Sportage
210 Posts

Man, I really feel for you. Being so excited to get your new car and to deal with these issues 😣. I am so sorry.

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Man, I really feel for you. Being so excited to get your new car and to deal with these issues 😣. I am so sorry.
Thanks hopefully can get them sorted asap

Reactions: camo

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Your experience with the car can’t be further away from mine in any way. I hope you’ll get it all fixed. That is not okay.
Thanks! Me too

Reactions: Kent EV6
1 - 18 of 18 Posts