Kia EV6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cheers All, really appreciate all of your discussions and pointers on the EV6. This is my introductory discussion, hopefully questions not asked and/or previously answered. IAH have been scoping around the Model 3/Model S, the ID.4, the e-tron, and the XC40 recharge. Lowest on the list are most but the ID.4 and the e-tron. Dismayed my last local KIA dealer visit to inquire any EV6 info or insight and one sales had zero information but his colleague chimed in as I was leaving and asked me to sit in a Niro before suggesting a visit to test or purchase a GV70. Close cousins in tech and platforms yes but I think KIA isn't educating the team as quickly as they could. In my market the badged F/E ID.4 was still available on the lot even though it is listed as "sold out"

Have reviewed and fairly clarified how it worked for UK/CAN enthusiasts, but for US market base has it yet determined or rumored which model(s) will be released on the F/E? Hoping to clarify before pulling the trigger on an EV6.

Got it on your inputs given the colors, the Dual Motor/AWD 77.4 kWh, and the badged door sills.

I guess since the GT (above my budget and power needs) will not be available until much later down the road, will the the EV6 or the EV6 GT Line play a role in or part of the 1500 or none of the above?

Also on one of the video presentations, one of the original engineers (Chassis Control) acknowledged cold weather impact on battery performance so will the heated battery be a part of the F/E initial group?

Would be nice if a KIA SME or rep would join the forum one day to share her/his expertise but given the results of previous global releases, certainly understand why everything is close hold until the US potential barrage next month. Would also be interesting to see RSymons and/or Out of Spec Motoring guys get their test runs and dibs in and published.

So until next few weeks feel free to to chime in. TIA and have a great weekend!

·
Registered
13 Posts
They said in the NYC reveal that we in the US won’t even see this car until 2022. You’ll be able to put a deposit down starting next month but you won’t see one for months. I expect some of the reviewers you mention will get early looks so you may get your questions answered but it’s not going to be soon.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Welcome to the forum @TangAFR_EV! Sadly it's not surprising at all that dealers aren't aware of the EV6 yet. They're only focused with what's on their lots.

From my understanding the EV6 First Edition will be fully loaded with exclusive colors. It won't have the performance of the GT, but it should be AWD. As for battery heating it's hard to say but there should be ways to prep the battery in cold weather to try and limit range loss.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to the forum @TangAFR_EV! Sadly it's not surprising at all that dealers aren't aware of the EV6 yet. They're only focused with what's on their lots.

From my understanding the EV6 First Edition will be fully loaded with exclusive colors. It won't have the performance of the GT, but it should be AWD. As for battery heating it's hard to say but there should be ways to prep the battery in cold weather to try and limit range loss.
Thanks for the welcome. Yes will like to see them shed growing pains quickly. Battery issue, I read they did cold weather/performance testing (-30c) in Sweden I think. Degradation insignificant, maybe the 77.4kWh/AWD will come standard with the pump. We don't normally get as cold but imagine Canadian buyers will be offered the option.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello! New to this forum. Very interested in the EV6. So much so that I'd like to take part in the reservations on June 3rd. But I have some questions I've yet to find answers for.

What does the special black/green interior look like? I can't find pictures anywhere on this. Are the seats actually all green? Or are they black with green trim? Can anyone share pics if they have them?
Just saw Kia.com added the price for the first edition to the website at $58,500. Seems a bit hefty if we are not getting the GT (576hp) version for that price. So beyond the first edition limited run badges, special color options and the special gift...are the other options added to the car really that significant to justify that tag? Not sure as there is no point of reference to compare the options listings by trim.
In advance, thanks for your help in answering these questions.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hello! New to this forum. Very interested in the EV6. So much so that I'd like to take part in the reservations on June 3rd. But I have some questions I've yet to find answers for.

What does the special black/green interior look like? I can't find pictures anywhere on this. Are the seats actually all green? Or are they black with green trim? Can anyone share pics if they have them?
Just saw Kia.com added the price for the first edition to the website at $58,500. Seems a bit hefty if we are not getting the GT (576hp) version for that price. So beyond the first edition limited run badges, special color options and the special gift...are the other options added to the car really that significant to justify that tag? Not sure as there is no point of reference to compare the options listings by trim.
In advance, thanks for your help in answering these questions.
Welcome on board @Bronco7777. Good questions I also felt the same coming in. What was very helpful were the great inputs from @Robert @Mosko006 @SoulMan and others on the Canadian crew. It's already been determined that Kia isn't or hasn't been the greatest on the communications side, apart from released reveals or teasers serious public interest has been left to rely on individual info gathering to come up with best available information. I also have seat color questions finding it hard to determine since many of the interior videos were GT based. Someone else can chime in but IMO the $58k somewhat related to Ioniq's $55k reveal. While it doesn't appear EV6 1st Edition buyers will be the true "crash test dummies" I would venture Kia marketing and design folks best effort measuring monitoring success with help of combined Korean, Euro & NA sales and feedback before full line production and release in years to come, giving clean competition. Exception of Korea, since Euro will be first, am waiting for A1/A30 and autobahn pics and comments beginning in July.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Okay, that would seem acceptable. I was worried the whole interior might be some type of all-neon green. Thanks!
I read somewhere here on this forum where it was described as a "funky" dark green. I'm wondering myself though and I wish that I could get more info on it.

·
Registered
75 Posts

$58K is a lot of money. And the full-blown GT will be even more expensive. I will wait to see what the less expensive GT LINE will cost and even the IONIQ 5 for that matter.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Welcome on board @Bronco7777. Good questions I also felt the same coming in. What was very helpful were the great inputs from @Robert @Mosko006 @SoulMan and others on the Canadian crew. It's already been determined that Kia isn't or hasn't been the greatest on the communications side, apart from released reveals or teasers serious public interest has been left to rely on individual info gathering to come up with best available information. I also have seat color questions finding it hard to determine since many of the interior videos were GT based. Someone else can chime in but IMO the $58k somewhat related to Ioniq's $55k reveal. While it doesn't appear EV6 1st Edition buyers will be the true "crash test dummies" I would venture Kia marketing and design folks best effort measuring monitoring success with help of combined Korean, Euro & NA sales and feedback before full line production and release in years to come, giving clean competition. Exception of Korea, since Euro will be first, am waiting for A1/A30 and autobahn pics and comments beginning in July.
I agree. After not getting any information on their Twitter feed about the live NYC presentation, I felt KIA's communication team sucks. It's been over two weeks and they still haven't responded. Their management and dealerships need a stiff shake-up or else nobody will dare pay $60,000 for one of their cars. For a newcomer, they need to be the best or they won't survive.

·
Registered
14 Posts
View attachment 207
$58K is a lot of money. And the full-blown GT will be even more expensive. I will wait to see what the less expensive GT LINE will cost and even the IONIQ 5 for that matter.
I realize that there is only one other set of EVs with 800 volt system (Porsche/Audi) but not sure in the next 4-6 years that 350 kWh Chargers will be that common. Electrify America just installed a bank of 4, 150 kWH chargers locally. Can not picture them replacing those chargers anytime soon.

I know that the EV6 First Edition is a higher spec version than what I want but it makes me think that the mid level AWD drive with larger battery is going to be $52-53k.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I realize that there is only one other set of EVs with 800 volt system (Porsche/Audi) but not sure in the next 4-6 years that 350 kWh Chargers will be that common. Electrify America just installed a bank of 4, 150 kWH chargers locally. Can not picture them replacing those chargers anytime soon.

I know that the EV6 First Edition is a higher spec version than what I want but it makes me think that the mid level AWD drive with larger battery is going to be $52-53k.
Wasn't it just a few months back speculation was near 40k's? At that rate where will base be by winter/spring?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Wasn't it just a few months back speculation was near 40k's? At that rate where will the base be by winter/spring?
I really appreciate the strong progressive direction KIA and Hyundai are taking with design and electrification, but the brand is still known by most in the North American region as a value-based company. I don't think all the First Editions will sell out or any of the top-spec GT models will either. I hope I'm wrong.

·
Registered
15 Posts
So it's 1:47 PM in Atlanta and I've been trying to reserve my first edition. But I'm having all sorts of problems with the reservation website. Called Kia and they confirmed they are having a problem around the zip code field for the reservation. They are working to fix this. They said keep refreshing the page until Kia can fix this. In the meantime, for those who were left in the dark wondering how that black/green interior would look like for the Glacier White model...here it is:

·
Registered
75 Posts
So it's 1:47 PM in Atlanta and I've been trying to reserve my first edition. But I'm having all sorts of problems with the reservation website. Called Kia and they confirmed they are having a problem around the zip code field for the reservation. They are working to fix this. They said keep refreshing the page until Kia can fix this. In the meantime, for those who were left in the dark wondering how that black/green interior would look like for the Glacier White model...here it is: View attachment 215
Interesting. What's strange is that the clock is still in count-down mode despite having access to the First Edition reservation page. I'm wondering if that's for the GT, GT Line, and base.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Interesting. What's strange is that the clock is still in count-down mode despite having access to the First Edition reservation page. I'm wondering if that's for the GT, GT Line, and base.
The way the car specs are provided this first edition is essentially a GT-Line trim with some added features. Definitely not a GT.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I don't know about you guys but I still can't get my reservation through. It's now 2:53PM. I'd like to know or hear if anyone else has been able to get their reservation completed or if you are running into the same issues. Anyone?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I don't know about you guys but I still can't get my reservation through. It's now 2:53PM. I'd like to know or hear if anyone else has been able to get their reservation completed or if you are running into the same issues. Anyone?
So it's 1:47 PM in Atlanta and I've been trying to reserve my first edition. But I'm having all sorts of problems with the reservation website. Called Kia and they confirmed they are having a problem around the zip code field for the reservation. They are working to fix this. They said keep refreshing the page until Kia can fix this. In the meantime, for those who were left in the dark wondering how that black/green interior would look like for the Glacier White model...here it is: View attachment 215
I'm right below Atlanta and I'm having the same issue. I even tried the worlds largest Kia dealerships zip code in Florida and it didn't work of course. A five story dealership! That's pretty cool.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts