Kia EV6 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
The First Edition is a no-go for me. I put a reservation on the IONIQ 5 instead. If it is priced beyond my budget I'll can it.
Yes, that black cladding might be a deal breaker after all. I have a Kona night edition now with that setup and I think that I’d rather have them painted like the rest of the car.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm right below Atlanta and I'm having the same issue. I even tried the worlds largest Kia dealerships zip code in Florida and it didn't work of course. A five story dealership! That's pretty cool.
At the moment the zip code issue seems to be working but when you get to the payment button ($100) that's where it all falls apart.

·
Registered
24 Posts
At the moment the zip code issue seems to be working but when you get to the payment button ($100) that's where it all falls apart.
Thanks, but I've been getting to that reserve button just fine for the last few hours. It shows whatever dealerships are in the zip area just fine, but when you press the "Reserve with payment" button, it gives the error message about "Your Vehicle Booking is not completed due to some reasons..please try Again."
I'm not making fun by no means, but it actually looks like broken English to me.
Why wouldn't it say "was not completed", or "is not complete" Then there is that "due to some reasons"????

Kind of reminds me of those questionable sites that my tween daughter orders her Anime stuff from.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
The First Edition is a no-go for me. I put a reservation on the IONIQ 5 instead. If it is priced beyond my budget I'll can it.
Absolute the same. The launch was far too gimmicky for me here on west coast. After watching the clock count down it started counting back up again. The reserve link sat without activity for 10-15 minutes. Once on the page, encountered similar issue while surfing additional zip codes. Wasn't going to sit another 30 minutes so, Hyundai took my $100 for the Ioniq5. They will probably get some additional hits due to the Kia's lack. I thought I previously mentioned yesterday's test visit on Kia site was already having issues or anomalies. Maybe by design for better for better markets like NY, but it was a crap shoot from the start, I wish them better luck on the 2nd and subsequent models. I noticed "sold out" first edition ID.4's for test drives and sale on lots as well, think I will be better off with the Ioniq color options (just too bad all are not available this coming ship or two. Only concern is the final price is looming, and Canadian pre-order deposits are $500. So to be continued. Have you found a decent forum? There are a few ...some questionable.

·
Registered
14 Posts
So what exactly does "hundreds still available" mean? 200...300...1100? Sounds like carefully chosen wordplay to me.

Not that it will happen but if I were Kia when June 8th comes around I'd do something extra special for those that reserve those remaining few. This reservation issue was not a good look. A big black eye for a company that got so many hyped up on the car and a company that is trying to position itself as forward thinking. I know it left a bad taste for me. If you can't get a simple reservation website working, how can you gain confidence in spending almost 60K on buying a car with first edition technology which you can't even test drive? If remaining availability is below 500 units I'd say they should really consider doing something unique. Not sure what that would be. Perhaps up the charging credit gift from 1000 hours to 5000 if that is the choice you make. Or if you choose the charging port option you can get additional credit for free installation? Or maybe just give those last 500 reservations all 3 gifts instead of just one choice? I'm sure there are many other ideas out there. I'm happy for those that somehow got their reservations in yesterday. Congrats. However I think many got hosed on Thursday from getting a fair chance to secure their reservation and if the remaining "hundreds" is actually a very small amount; something should be done to level-set that playing field.

Again, not that this will happen but in today's spy on everything world it wouldn't surprise me if Kia has bots monitoring the internet for all content tied to their products; including forums like this. So Kia if you are listening; make this right.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I agree with you 100%.
I read where there are 775 Kia dealerships in the USA. I wonder will these be allocated to the higher volume ones?
Also, I read on the Kia reservation site yesterday that you can change dealerships, colors etc, after you make the reservation.
I was thinking that the zip code that we used yesterday, had to correspond with a dealership that “had one coming to it”. I guess that I was wrong.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts