Kia EV6 Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Are backing out of the EV6 all together? Or just out of the First Edition?
Probably for now at least away from the First Edition EV6 since I didn't get the best vibes from Kia this time around going instead with the Ioniq 5. Ironically Hyundai has some issues but at least not communications related as Kia. I still like the platform but since my better half likes the Ioniq 5 more (and holds the checkbook) I stand a better chance handing it off to her when I explore the upcoming Kia/Hyundai EV7/I7 or midsize SUV iterations next year or two.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Probably for now at least away from the First Edition EV6 since I didn't get the best vibes from Kia this time around going instead with the Ioniq 5. Ironically Hyundai has some issues but at least not communications related as Kia. I still like the platform but since my better half likes the Ioniq 5 more (and holds the checkbook) I stand a better chance handing it off to her when I explore the upcoming Kia/Hyundai EV7/I7 or midsize SUV iterations next year or two.
Totally understand. I'll give this reservation/first edition one more shot tomorrow and if we do get the EV6, it will be for my wife. Of course if they try to jack up the price at the dealer another 3000 to 5000 I walk. I'm targeting the Fisker Ocean at this point. Even if I have to wait more than a year to get it. No dealership trickery, faster car, solar roof and so many other appealing features for a lot less.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I’ll try again today and see what happens.
Paying sticker is acceptable in this case of course, but the $3k-$5k over if that happens…..I’ll wait until next year.

So far it does look like a cool car for sure. It’s different and I love that.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
It certainly looks sweet. Im wondering though, has any checked this out?

Maybe a rethink for Hyundai and Kia on 2023/4 release. Chris did a 130km/h test in rain and rear was completely obscured. Wonder if RainX or similar may be helpful, but at least on Ioniq 5 is appears lack of rear wiper becomes a factor.

·
Registered
71 Posts
It certainly looks sweet. Im wondering though, has any checked this out?

Maybe a rethink for Hyundai and Kia on 2023/4 release. Chris did a 130km/h test in rain and rear was completely obscured. Wonder if RainX or similar may be helpful, but at least on Ioniq 5 is appears lack of rear wiper becomes a factor.
I'm also a little concerned with no wiper. Was it the pure fog that obscured his vision or rain?
RainX sounds good to me.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
I'm also a little concerned with no wiper. Was it the pure fog that obscured his vision or rain?
RainX sounds good to me.
Didn't appear to be foggy just a downpour. By himself he only pointed camera back to the rear window once in the short version of the video, and he did qualify it had been standing in the rain for 15 minutes, and turned the rear heater (defroster?) on. He was asked (written comments) about the window and responded it never cleared up.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 · (Edited)
So not even 300 miles with the larger battery? And that’s WLTP which is more generous than EPA… or another standard?
Really beginning to wonder. Noticed a few reports indicating EV6 FE sellout, yet on Kia website, there is a "Wait List Open" link ... conflict or communications?
On one note, the Niro EV has been enjoying success so far noting few changes for next model year, could it instead be the flagship cuv? Sort of leaving expectations or me to believe that future Kia/Hyundai GMP models will be better planned out with significant improvements. Im still a bit hung up on the approach to $50k, when for now US current policies dictate incentives or rebates eventually run out. Recently heard Model S plaid rumor with changes talking 500 miles but nearing over $110k. Yes, e-styling is certain a cool aspect to watch, but to me GMP has a way to go functionality wise questioning a cuv at the projected price point. Also taking into account the Euro's manufacturers are projecting more AWD/2nd motors and other options or product catch up improvements. Sorry about the diatribe just eyes open and budget conscious.

EDIT ADD: Just watched Jay Leno test drive the MS Plaid. 150+ mph and over $130k ha ha.

By the way has anyone out there read up on the UVO Services App and namely the Terms of Service? There was just an issue with Amazon related to a default "sidewalk" app and customer opt out options, not understanding why but there could be unrelated/related reason why won't UVO be offered for 2022 and later MA customers. How will this impact 50 state release? I haven't digested them all but those fine print details get me all the time.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts