Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can those that have cars or taking test drives please confirm the exact model of tyres fitted to the various levels of cars (please confirm country as I understand different tyres may be used in different locations), as the difference in tyres choice can make up to 15-20% difference in range according to manufacturers, due to EV specific tyres being designed for low rolling resistance, and I haven’t found any specifics from Kia yet to indicate what tyres their range comparisons are based on. It could partly account for some of the discrepancies in another thread where 20s gave better range than 19s, as potentially low RR tyre on a 20” may be giving better range than a 19” ‘normal’ tyre. It will also indicate if it is worth changing out to better tyres either immediately or once worn as the factors of range, cost, noise and wet weather performance will be issues that affect each of us in different ways.

·
Registered
329 Posts
From pictures.... I think in UK model speak the Air comes with 19" 235/55 R19 Kumho ECSTA PS71

Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Car Vehicle

And the GT-Line S with Continental 255/45 R20 H XL, can't quite read the exact model but will check next week.

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The tire specs for the different wheel choices are shown at the bottom of this page.
Thanks, that covers Ireland, personally just need confirmation same for UK.
Kumho Ecsta 19 therefore A efficiency, B Wet, 72db noise, V/149mph rating
Continental PremiumContact 6 20” B efficiency, A Wet, 72db noise, H/130mph rating - rolling resistance can be improved on but I would think limited options available.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello.

Some time ago I took out this information from Kia pdf in Korean where you could see the difference, not only between wheels but also between finishes and engines.

Sorry that this in Spanish, in case, it is more comfortable to say that the terms in English are as follows.

Batería Largo Alcance ---- Long range battery is 77Kw

Estandar ----- Standard is 58Kw

Mixto ----- Ciudad ----- Autopista ----- Peso

Mixed ----- City ----- Highway ----- Weight

Rectangle Font Parallel Pattern Screenshot

1 - 8 of 8 Posts