Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am flying into Longmont Co on tomorrow night and going to the dealer at 9am Saturday AM to pick up my Steel Matte Grey FE EV6. I have arranged financing though DCU (thanks to a post on the forum) and got the 1.749% (after .5% direct deposit and .25 discount for EV) rate for 65 months. DCU so far has been painless and super easy to deal with. They are overnighting the dealer the check.

The car is at MSRP but I had to pay 2895 for "tinting (front windows to match the back), level one charger, and ppf bra". And to edit on this... The salesman offered me a Chargepoint Home Flex for $300 in place of the level one charger so I will take that instead.

I have not driven an EV any distance in this type of trip (roughly 1500 miles) so I could use some input on things to do beforehand/prepare.

This is what I have already done:
1. Downloaded all the relevant apps on my iPhone. Electrified Ameria, Kia Access, ABRP, Blink, EVo, ChargeHubEv, Plugshare. I will register the car with Kia Access and it sounds like I will be able to setup the Electrified America account with the 1000kwh charging credit once I am in front of the vehicle.
2. Taking a couple of iphone lightning cables to connect for carplay
3. Created/reviewed routes in ABRP and it looks like I should be able to leverage Electrified America all the way back
4. Getting some TracWrap from XPEL delivered today so I can wrap any areas of the car I feel are necessary. With the bra installed there might not be too much to do, but just in case.
5. I am having the salesperson take a close look at the car for any defects in paint from the shipping wrap I have seen reported here

Anything else anyone can think of?

·
Registered
Snow White Pearl GT-Line AWD
1,406 Posts
Do me a favor, sounds like its Peak Kia North, ask for Kerry Kennicutt and tell him Chris Sheets sent you :) Wish he would have offered me the charger upgrade.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Register Kia access, I think the dealer should help, and get the code for Electrify America.

I checked the route, there are a lot of electrify america chargers on the way to Seattle, not the route via Wyoming.

I recently did about 600miles trip with electrify america, that was awesome.

Just make sure, the range is going down faster than it shows, so charge it before battery goes empty.
Also, 350kw charger is the fastest but 150kw is also good. About 5~10minutes difference.

Have a good safe trip! You will come to know all about EV6 on this trip.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Ask the dealership to make sure they charge it to 100% for you. When I bought mine the car had around 40 miles on it, but the charge was only at like 55%
Sheesh, what a dealer--when I went to see my FE it was at 100% prior to my putting a few test-drive miles on it; dealer had to hold it for a couple of days more to have it detailed but when I went back afterwards to pick it up it was charged back to 100% again. Dealer even told me I can swing by anytime to charge my vehicle at no cost if I happen to be in the area and there are chargers not already in use.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Sheesh, what a dealer--when I went to see my FE it was at 100% prior to my putting a few test-drive miles on it; dealer had to hold it for a couple of days more to have it detailed but when I went back afterwards to pick it up it was charged back to 100% again. Dealer even told me I can swing by anytime to charge my vehicle at no cost if I happen to be in the area and there are chargers not already in use.
Mine was not FE and not reserved, I knew the car was there but when I arrived there was someone test driving it and with 40 miles they surely were not the first. They offered to charge to 100%, but as they only had a level 2 charger there it would have pushed it to the next day. I also have the option of charging there any time for free (several dealers told me I could charge free at any Kia dealership, not sure if this is true or not as I have not tested the theory)

·
Registered
2022 F.E SMG # 0938/1500
127 Posts
Safe travels for you and yours.

Stay "Well Behind" any and all gravel trucks, big rigs, and 4 x 4 trucks.
To help minimize any battle scars from your Freeway travel.

Also, if you have to get a room overnight.
Try to locate a hotel that has EV parking and or charging.

·
Registered
Wind RWD
16 Posts
Grab a microfiber towel and use it to wipe off the displays as they attract finger prints. Don't want to be using a gas station napkin on them!

Weather looks hit and miss but some $10 generic floor mats may not be a bad idea if the car doesn't come with anything.

Get your Good To Go! account setup as or bring your transponder.

·
Registered
2022 EV6 GT Line AWD Yacht Blue
160 Posts
Check the charger status for all of the charging stations on your route ahead of time. All of the chargers might not be available at any given station and that can mean you might have to wait longer than expected for a working one to open.

Setup your EA membership account before you get on the road. I was driving back from picking up my car and at one of the stations I needed to stop to charge up (no other options around) none of the card readers worked (three of the six chargers were not functioning as well). So I had to quickly learn how to setup an account on EA and get all that stuff figured out before I could even charge and get back on the road. It was a frustrating and eye-opening experience for my first long road trip in an EV. :D

Good luck, enjoy the ride and try not to stay in Sport mode the whole way. It is addictive! 😁

·
Registered
2022 Stinger, 2019 Sorento, 2017 Sportage
210 Posts
Do me a favor, sounds like its Peak Kia North, ask for Kerry Kennicutt and tell him Chris Sheets sent you :) Wish he would have offered me the charger upgrade.
Sounds more like the dealer is Fowler Kia. The dealer is maybe 5 mins up the road from me. I will run up and see if I see a matt FE at the charger. They have two up front. If I see one there I will take a couple pictures of the condition.

·
Registered
Matte Gray EV6, Nissan Leaf (2013)
228 Posts
So I am flying into Longmont Co on tomorrow night and going to the dealer at 9am Saturday AM to pick up my Steel Matte Grey FE EV6. I have arranged financing though DCU (thanks to a post on the forum) and got the 1.749% (after .5% direct deposit and .25 discount for EV) rate for 65 months. DCU so far has been painless and super easy to deal with. They are overnighting the dealer the check.

The car is at MSRP but I had to pay 2895 for "tinting (front windows to match the back), level one charger, and ppf bra". And to edit on this... The salesman offered me a Chargepoint Home Flex for $300 in place of the level one charger so I will take that instead.

I have not driven an EV any distance in this type of trip (roughly 1500 miles) so I could use some input on things to do beforehand/prepare.

1. Downloaded all the relevant apps on my iPhone. Electrified Ameria, Kia Access, ABRP, Blink, EVo, ChargeHubEv, Plugshare. I will register the car with Kia Access and it sounds like I will be able to setup the Electrified America account with the 1000kwh charging credit once I am in front of the vehicle.
3. Created/reviewed routes in ABRP and it looks like I should be able to leverage Electrified America all the way back
4. Getting some TracWrap from XPEL delivered today so I can wrap any areas of the car I feel are necessary. With the bra installed there might not be too much to do, but just in case.
5. I am having the salesperson take a close look at the car for any defects in paint from the shipping wrap I have seen reported here

Remember to download some good podcasts and audiobooks!

·
Registered
2022 Stinger, 2019 Sorento, 2017 Sportage
210 Posts
Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Hood Automotive lighting Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Car Vehicle registration plate

Car Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Wheel

I saw three steel matte EV6s in the lot and snapped some pictures of the one by the charger. They all look like recent arrivals with packaging on them. Not sure if this is yours Brownie but looks okay . Could use a wash
As there is mud along the bottom.

·
Registered
4 Posts

I will be getting my EV6 from Fowler Kia Longmont in a couple of weeks.
I have travelled cross-country in a BOLT using mostly Plugshare. You can connect your phone to the Infotainment and have the maps and directions on the screen. I have used Apple and Android.
After you plug in to charge do not leave your car right away. Make sure that charging is happening at a good rate. You may have to change chargers. Keep track of the charging if you leave with KIA Access app. Sometimes chargers just quit after 5 to 20 minutes.
Make sure you have good credit cards associated with each charging company card and also carry cards because some chargers need them.
Traveling on electrons is a beautiful experience. I am looking forward to several long distance trips in my EV6 in the near future.
Is there anything I can do to assist you in Colorado? Do you need a ride to the dealer?

Best wishes and good luck

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
2022 F.E SMG # 0938/1500
127 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I will be getting my EV6 from Fowler Kia Longmont in a couple of weeks.
I have travelled cross-country in a BOLT using mostly Plugshare. You can connect your phone to the Infotainment and have the maps and directions on the screen. I have used Apple and Android.
After you plug in to charge do not leave your car right away. Make sure that charging is happening at a good rate. You may have to change chargers. Keep track of the charging if you leave with KIA Access app. Sometimes chargers just quit after 5 to 20 minutes.
Make sure you have good credit cards associated with each charging company card and also carry cards because some chargers need them.
Traveling on electrons is a beautiful experience. I am looking forward to several long distance trips in my EV6 in the near future.
Is there anything I can do to assist you in Colorado? Do you need a ride to the dealer?

Best wishes and good luck
thanks for the offer! I am going to take an Uber from Denver to Longmont and then a short Uber in the am to the dealership. I know there is a bus line from the airport to Longmont but I won’t get into Denver till midnight local time so it’s best just to bite the bullet and spring for an Uber.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Safe travels for you and yours.

Stay "Well Behind" any and all gravel trucks, big rigs, and 4 x 4 trucks.
To help minimize any battle scars from your Freeway travel.

Also, if you have to get a room overnight.
Try to locate a hotel that has EV parking and or charging.
Great idea. It's short notice but if you can track down a TeslaTap or similar Tesla to J1772 adapter. Some hotels only have Tesla destination chargers.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm from Phoenix and did exactly the same thing this past weekend, purchasing a Wind RWD in Glacier White Pearl. My 11 year old daughter and I flew into Denver on Friday afternoon, arrived at Fowler Kia at around 4 pm. We were out the door around 5:30 after test driving the car and visiting finance for all the requisite paperwork. Dumitru Pop was my salesman. Great guy by the way. We dealt with Roy in finance, another stellar guy.

I'm surprised at the dealer add-ons that you mention. Fowler Kia is pretty upfront that there aren't any dealer add-ons. You can add accessories if you want, but nothing is pre-installed.

As for the ride home, I used the PlugShare app to plot my route home. I selected the Electrify America charging stations along the way to take advantage of the 350kw charging capability. We spaced out the stops at a maximum of 200 miles. Traveling at a steady 75 mph, that's about the maximum amount of range that I was willing to chance. Overall, it was a great trip. The EV6 is a wonderful car.

Best wishes for your journey back to Seattle.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts