Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there forum! I'm a happy new owner!

I've joined the Kia family and excited to be a long time owner!

Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle

My previous cars were :

93 Volvo 850
1997 Camaro RS
2002 Camaro Z28
2008 Toyota Prius
2011 Honda insight
2007 Subaru legacy GT

I've been searching for the right car for us and the e-gmp cars were a unicorn that we finally obtained!

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

Here was her first day home! Drove 60 miles to get her.

· Registered
164 Posts
Hi there forum! I'm a happy new owner!

I've joined the Kia family and excited to be a long time owner!

View attachment 10313

My previous cars were :

93 Volvo 850
1997 Camaro RS
2002 Camaro Z28
2008 Toyota Prius
2011 Honda insight
2007 Subaru legacy GT

I've been searching for the right car for us and the e-gmp cars were a unicorn that we finally obtained!

View attachment 10314

Here was her first day home! Drove 60 miles to get her.
Welcome to the forum @SuperNyamo and congrats on getting your new EV6! How was the drive home from the dealer? What sold you on it compared to the Model Y or Polestar 2?

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum @SuperNyamo and congrats on getting your new EV6! How was the drive home from the dealer? What sold you on it compared to the Model Y or Polestar 2?
Well honestly I couldn't stand the idea of supporting Elon Musk anymore so we canceled the Y order, but we were mostly set on the Y for a while.

Greeley and Volvo just aren't sparking confidence with me and their lack of support (PS Spaces) in the Midwest where I'm from.

I thought the E-GMP cars were solid but unobtainable. I found a dealership who was actually willing to sell me the car at a 1k markup which I felt was good enough for my area that I live in, and still far more inexpensive than the MY so it was a no brainer. I have a garage and home charging is great!

· Registered
107 Posts
there are lots of valid reasons to not buy a Tesla. But who the CEO is, is not one of them. You think the CEO of Kia cares about your wellbeing any more or less than any other massively wealthy CEO of an international corporation? lol.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
No, but he also didn't buy Twitter.

Also, as I started, E-gmp cars were unicorn cars I couldn't find in my area thus already considering and wanting the cars but unable to get them.

I don't need to go into explicit details as to why I decided against it, but the Twitter stuff certainly soured the outlook of Tesla as a brand and not just because of the shares.

👍

· Registered
301 Posts
I think debating the moral reasons for choosing against a different brand are a bit beside the point of a forum like this. 😉

Congrats on the new car, and welcome! I think you made a solid choice. You saved $15K against the Model Y and got a car that supports CarPlay/Android Auto, rides better, has less road noise, and charges faster. The EV6 is also bigger and more usable than the Polestar and doesn't ride like a lumber wagon. It's not as fast as the other two, but you'll never notice unless you go to the drag strip. My Model 3 was one of the best cars I've ever owned, and I kept it for two years. The EV6 is head-and-shoulders above it. It's not even close.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think debating the moral reasons for choosing against a different brand are a bit beside the point of a forum like this. 😉
I couldn't agree more !

Thanks for the welcome!!

I actually did used to go to the drag strip with my z28 back in the day, but I'm not allowed anymore now that I'm married 😂 I wanted to go In a TM3 though !

I love the way the EV6 drives compared to the Y, firmer in the ways I like. I really didn't like the way the PS delivered the power to the pavement, it felt like an on or off switch and no in-between.

I already put 400 miles on the EV6 and I hope I can slow down with that but its just such a joy to drive !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts