Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had this issue.
I have an Air

Went to the car yesterday in my path and did a double take.There was no glass.showing in the passenger door.I thought wow has someone broken in.No broken glass.Put my hand through the opening alarm.goes off.
Go to drivers side and this is down too.No other windows were.down and the car was locked.Mystery

· Registered
578 Posts
is there an internal motion detector for the alarm? don't want to leave dog in car unless I know how to disarm it
yes there is,on the (UK) kia connect app it comes under "vehicles settings" "convenience" and then "Advanced anti theft". I can't recall exactly where it appears on the car menu, but think it is also called advanced anti-theft.

· Registered
433 Posts
Any chance that you used the keyfob and rolled down the windows accidentally? If you hold the unlock button on the keyfob it will roll down the windows on the front driver and passenger windows.
And sadly, like my GMC truck, it will roll down all 4 windows at one time with the push of the unlock button, then you get to go out to the truck and roll up all 4 windows. If they can make the remote roll them down, be nice if the remote or app at least, can roll them back up. I know, if it was automatic up it would chop off someone's hand or head, or the dog or cat that might jump in the car. Gesshhh.

· Registered
2022 EV6 Wind AWD w/Tech Gravity Blue
174 Posts
And sadly, like my GMC truck, it will roll down all 4 windows at one time with the push of the unlock button, then you get to go out to the truck and roll up all 4 windows. If they can make the remote roll them down, be nice if the remote or app at least, can roll them back up. I know, if it was automatic up it would chop off someone's hand or head, or the dog or cat that might jump in the car. Gesshhh.
I believe that they don't auto roll up due to government regulations on closing on someone. Silly I know, but if not for that regulation they'd probably already have implemented it.

· Registered
2022 EV6 GT-L RWD, 1973 Triumph TR6
518 Posts
My 2001 Lexus LS430 and 2017 Volt would roll down the windows, and open the sunroof on the LS, with a button push and hold similar to the EV6. And just @EV6_388s GM truck and the EV6, I had to go to the car to roll them up. I disabled the feature on the Volt when I walked out to it after work to find all 4 windows down, in a public parking lot! The button must have gotten pushed against my hose key in my pocket during the day. The EV6 got the same disabling immediately upon finding the feature.

· Registered
433 Posts
I thought all modern electric windows had current sensing and therefore stop if they detect a blockage ?
There is no standard for that current 'sense' value. So what GM does and what Ford does and what KIA does, well, it does not equal the same feel on crushing your hand, or head. I have tested this before on my Chevrolet Silverado I had long ago, it will crush your hand pretty good and let you know, it can hurt a little.

· Registered
130 Posts
My current Volo will auto lower and raise all windows from the remote. So as mentioned above it must be something with each car marker and how happy they are to introduce it.

As for leaving windows open overnight, the Volo app alerts you to this (and displays in app which window is open). Strange that Kia haven't thought of doing the same. I see it as a massive security issue.

· Registered
Ordered EV6 GT-Line S AWD in Glacier White with Heat Pump and Puddle Lamps early March 2022
147 Posts
Has anyone had this issue.
I have an Air

Went to the car yesterday in my path and did a double take.There was no glass.showing in the passenger door.I thought wow has someone broken in.No broken glass.Put my hand through the opening alarm.goes off.
Go to drivers side and this is down too.No other windows were.down and the car was locked.Mystery
This is from the EV6 manual:

Remote window closing/opening (if equipped)
Operation
  • 僅 Press and hold the door lock button on the smart key to close the win- dows. The windows will move up as long as the button is pressed.
  • 僅 Press and hold the door unlock button on the smart key to open the win- dows. The windows will move down as long as the button is pressed.
  • 僅 Remote window operation can be activated or deactivated through the infotainment system menu.
    WARNING
  • 僅 Do not install any accessories in the area of windows. It may impact jam protection.
  • 僅 Always check for obstructions before raising any window to avoid injuries or vehicle damage. If an object less than 4 mm (0.16 inches) in diameter is caught between the window glass and the upper window channel, the auto- matic reverse window may not detect the resistance and will not stop and reverse direction.
  • 僅 The automatic reverse feature is not activated while resetting power win- dow system. Make sure body parts or other objects are safely out of the way before closing the windows to avoid injuries or vehicle damage.
  • 僅 NEVER leave the keys in your vehicle with unsupervised children, when the vehicle is running.

· Registered
433 Posts
Wow, maybe I should read the manual some day.. I have to try this when it is not raining here tomorrow.

• 僅 Press and hold the door lock button on the smart key to close the win- dows. The windows will move up as long as the button is pressed.

· Registered
936 Posts
Despite the wording regarding using the remote to auto-open (and close, on non-U.S. models) the windows (plural--notice it says "windows", not "window") using the remote, the auto-window open remote function works on the driver's side window only--or, at least that's what I saw when I played around with the feature on my U.S.-spec EV6.

Edit/correction--guess my eyes deceive me...the remote feature does indeed open both driver and front passenger side windows rather than just the driver's window...my bad! Still no remote close on U.S. models though...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts