Kia EV6 Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
  • window roll-down works everywhere
  • Window roll-up works everywhere but the USA (LAME)
  • I know other manufacturers that follow this same scheme (remote up/down, but down-only in the USA) (eg BMW)
  • Windows with one-touch roll-up have pinch protection. That is, fronts only on the 22 EV6 (all 4 on 23)
  • Ergo, remote roll-up is already pinch-protected anyway.

The whole thing is dumb and inconsistent and I wish to high heaven they had just implemented 4x auto up-down switches with remote roll-up-down. What the 22 has is obnoxious, confusing, half-assed cost cutting, and leaves me terrified I’m going to accidentally hurt my dog on top of it all.

·
Registered
23 Posts
This is from the EV6 manual:

Remote window closing/opening (if equipped)
Operation
  • 僅 Press and hold the door lock button on the smart key to close the win- dows. The windows will move up as long as the button is pressed.
  • 僅 Press and hold the door unlock button on the smart key to open the win- dows. The windows will move down as long as the button is pressed.
  • 僅 Remote window operation can be activated or deactivated through the infotainment system menu.
    WARNING
  • 僅 Do not install any accessories in the area of windows. It may impact jam protection.
  • 僅 Always check for obstructions before raising any window to avoid injuries or vehicle damage. If an object less than 4 mm (0.16 inches) in diameter is caught between the window glass and the upper window channel, the auto- matic reverse window may not detect the resistance and will not stop and reverse direction.
  • 僅 The automatic reverse feature is not activated while resetting power win- dow system. Make sure body parts or other objects are safely out of the way before closing the windows to avoid injuries or vehicle damage.
  • 僅 NEVER leave the keys in your vehicle with unsupervised children, when the vehicle is running.
just tried it. They wont close only open!

·
Registered
23 Posts
  • window roll-down works everywhere
  • Window roll-up works everywhere but the USA (LAME)
  • I know other manufacturers that follow this same scheme (remote up/down, but down-only in the USA) (eg BMW)
  • Windows with one-touch roll-up have pinch protection. That is, fronts only on the 22 EV6 (all 4 on 23)
  • Ergo, remote roll-up is already pinch-protected anyway.

The whole thing is dumb and inconsistent and I wish to high heaven they had just implemented 4x auto up-down switches with remote roll-up-down. What the 22 has is obnoxious, confusing, half-assed cost cutting, and leaves me terrified I’m going to accidentally hurt my dog on top of it all.
Just like the small Frunk in the US on rear drive cars.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts