Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Matte Gray EV6, Nissan Leaf (2013)
227 Posts
I was a little worried about the Remote Parking Assist and my ability to back into my garage as my charger is at the front wall and my cable length would not reach. I had a Chevy Volt and Kia Soul EV before that both had forward ports. No problem I’m happy to say. View attachment 2281
Whoa! That’s a clean garage!
Also, you did that all with the key fob?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
First attempt was a success. I’ll only do it when I need to charge when I get over the novelty. I’m just relieved I don’t have to move the charge unit. Garage is actual a mess right now but thanks

·
Registered
59 Posts
I was a little worried about the Remote Parking Assist and my ability to back into my garage as my charger is at the front wall and my cable length would not reach. I had a Chevy Volt and Kia Soul EV before that both had forward ports. No problem I’m happy to say. View attachment 2281
That is impressive! Can you tell us how you did it - to get it so close to the side wall?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If it’s going slightly crooked, does it self adjust and steer accordingly?
No it does need to be lined up as far as I know so far. Only had the car for 4 hours at this point
That is impressive! Can you tell us how you did it - to get it so close to the side wall?
Really just a matter of lining it up as the park assist feature only goes straight forward and straight back as long as your steering wheel is positioned properly

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good Morning, I was so proud of myself last night backing my ride into the garage. Well apparently it can back into a spot that it’s not comfortable moving out of. Had to climb over the console to get in the drivers seat and pull out of the garage. Looks like I have some more reading to do to see what the criteria is.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If it’s going slightly crooked, does it self adjust and steer accordingly?
I stand corrected. It will turn the wheel to back into a spot or forward. I had to climb over the console this morning to get it out of the garage and in experimenting to get it positioned to go both in and out I noticed it did turn the wheel as necessary to fit in. Stilppp

·
Registered
EV6 GTL AWD Heat pump
48 Posts
A useful feature to get into a tight home parking space but you would not win any fans if you used it in a public car park & made it impossible for the adjacent cars to open doors to get in. Only really useful in public parking when every car has feature, even in 25 years that wont be the case.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts