Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, my wife and I bought an EV6 last week and could not be happier with it! We had been shopping for a few months and looked at all the current EVs (Model Y, Mach-E, etc..) but this Kia is by far the best value. Might I add I think its the best looking! From reading around this forum it seems like that since we walked into the dealer and placed a deposit on one scheduled for delivery a few days latter makes us pretty lucky, I hope everyone waiting on one gets it on time or sooner! Feel free to shoot me any questions, very excited to be here and learn more about this car and the fellow EV6 owners!

Sky Wheel Vehicle Tire Car

·
Registered
2022 Stinger, 2019 Sorento, 2017 Sportage
210 Posts
I am right there with you on learning about EVs as I wait for mine to arrive. Alot to learn to maximize the driving experience for sure.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am right there with you on learning about EVs as I wait for mine to arrive. Alot to learn to maximize the driving experience for sure.
Definitely! I’m gunna throw this info here, maybe something will be worth using.

The JuiceBox is also a great alternative it looks like.
- PlugShare: an app for finding public charging stations.

Ive already used an Electrify America charger once and it took roughly 18 minutes to go from 57% - 90% at a cost of $12.

I havnt installed the home charger yet but can provide more info once I get it installed.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Welcome to the club! Reading your username, looks like you may be in AZ. We bought the exact same model from a dealer in CO as all the dealers in Phoenix wanted $5k-$10k market adjustment. So my 11 year old daughter and I flew to CO and drove it back. Fantastic vehicle. We had a 2013 Nissan Leaf that we loved. Very familiar with the EV life. Enjoy your new EV6. You’ll love it more every day.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice to see another AZ owner! That’s a really excellent idea and a great way to get introduced to the car. What kind of EV6 did you pick up? Also, how does the battery performance hold up in the heat? I hear a lot about reduced range in cold climates but not much on hot climates.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Nice to see another AZ owner! That’s a really excellent idea and a great way to get introduced to the car. What kind of EV6 did you pick up? Also, how does the battery performance hold up in the heat? I hear a lot about reduced range in cold climates but not much on hot climates.
We have the exact RWD Wind model that you have. The Glacier White Pearl is just a gorgeous color, perfect for the AZ sun.

Over the past couple of weeks, I’ve charged to 100% twice from approximately 40% and 50%. With a 50/50 mix of freeway and side street driving, the range was showing 325 and 336. I was driving with the AC on, but the range estimate is with the climate control off. Range estimates dropped by about 30 miles when I turned on the AC.

Coming from the Leaf to the EV6 is a dream.

Motor vehicle Plant Hood Vehicle Car
Light Automotive design Automotive mirror Computer Vehicle

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We have the exact RWD Wind model that you have. The Glacier White Pearl is just a gorgeous color, perfect for the AZ sun.

Over the past couple of weeks, I’ve charged to 100% twice from approximately 40% and 50%. With a 50/50 mix of freeway and side street driving, the range was showing 325 and 336. I was driving with the AC on, but the range estimate is with the climate control off. Range estimates dropped by about 30 miles when I turned on the AC.

Coming from the Leaf to the EV6 is a dream.

View attachment 4689 View attachment 4690

Twins! I love it 😂 I have yet to charge the battery to 100% due to tons of content I read about going to 100% regularly being bad, however next weekend I am going to go on a 400 mile trip and much of it will be uphill so Im curious to see how it will do when I go to 100% charge.

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 Wind AWD (Glacier/Grey)
52 Posts
I have the same color in AWD. In Massachusetts, installing a NEMA outlet costs about $1600, plus $700 for a Chargepoint charger. I am still debating if I need a home charger.

Currently, I spent 4 hours in our local Panera working. There is a free Chargepoint charger nearby. Panera has an unlimited coffee/soda plan for $10.99 per month.

Not sure about charging on a snowy winter day. I think I will end up installing a home charger.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts