Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a call from my dealer. Its good news, bad news and not a lot of news.

His estimate for delivery is May 2022. :(
They will deliver the “gift” I chose within 45 days of delivery of the car. Since most of us chose home chargers, that is less than ideal.:(

No pricing information.
But they do know that I and my reservation exist. I am sure there is more to come.:)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Waiting to hear from Dealer here in California still. Tried reaching out to sales guy I used before but no response yet.
My dealership called me and said that they saw my reservation in the system. Also, they have EV training coming up. Just talking with them, they usually get $5000 markup above MSRP and then another $2300 for misc. stuff on high demand vehicles. LoJack, locking lug nuts and interior/exterior paint protection????
So $7300 above MSRP???? Crazy!

·
Registered
159 Posts
I don’t need or want any of the BS dealer add-ons. Last few vehicles that had them I was able to negotiate the cost out and wasn’t charged for something I didnt want or ask for. Not so sure EV6 buyers will be so lucky.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I don’t need or want any of the BS dealer add-ons. Last few vehicles that had them I was able to negotiate the cost out and wasn’t charged for something I didnt want or ask for. Not so sure EV6 buyers will be so lucky.
I do the same usually, but this car is a little different.

The salesman told me that he tried to get one of the 1500 but couldn’t, so I’m sure that he wants mine.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I do the same usually, but this car is a little different.

The salesman told me that he tried to get one of the 1500 but couldn’t, so I’m sure that he wants mine.
The salesman at my dealership in Connecticut assured me there would be no add-ons and the price would not be above MSRP
That’s what I was told last month when I spoke with my sales rep
The salesman at my dealership in Connecticut assured me there would be no add-ons and the price would not be above MSRP

·
Registered
51 Posts
In other words, expect them to try and price you out with markups so he can swoop in and snag it.
Exactly. I think that he’s on a waiting list himself. Funny thing is that he was calling me, but yet he couldn’t believe that I had a reservation deposit down on the car???
Why would he be calling me then?

I read that in Canada, if you cancel, it may go to the next dealership that has a similar order. Something about it keeping dealerships from acquiring them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
This is my biggest question as well. If the dealers know that the worst thing that happens if they try to gouge a FE reservation holder is that they end up with an EV6 FE to brag about on their website and then sell for a $10k mark-up, I have a feeling a lot of us are about to get screwed.

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 First Edition Steel Gray Matte
309 Posts
So what happens to the cars if we cancel?

My dealership wants mine.The sales guy that called me said that he was only on the waiting list. He couldn’t believe that I had an actual reservation.
That is correct. The dealership will now have an EV6 to sell to the highest bidder.

This is my biggest question as well. If the dealers know that the worst thing that happens if they try to gouge a FE reservation holder is that they end up with an EV6 FE to brag about on their website and then sell for a $10k mark-up, I have a feeling a lot of us are about to get screwed.
This is a very unfortunate possibility. I hope that many of you get treated with respect like my reservation holders will!

·
Registered
51 Posts
That is correct. The dealership will now have an EV6 to sell to the highest bidder.

This is a very unfortunate possibility. I hope that many of you get treated with respect like my reservation holders will!
Thank you. Good thing we have google reviews. That way if we feel mistreated we can voice our comments there.

Thank you for your input. So you would sell the FE at $58500? I should of reserved with you, flown out to get car and then driven back to Georgia.

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 First Edition Steel Gray Matte
309 Posts
Thank you. Good thing we have google reviews. That way if we feel mistreated we can voice our comments there.

Thank you for your input. So you would sell the FE at $58500? I should of reserved with you, flown out to get car and then driven back to Georgia.
All reservations and special orders with me will be at the manufacturers suggested retail. Now, the EV6 will come in at $59,975+/- rather than $58,500 because they didn't add the $1,225 for destination that will be added to the monroney sticker.

·
Registered
51 Posts
All reservations and special orders with me will be at the manufacturers suggested retail. Now, the EV6 will come in at $59,975+/- rather than $58,500 because they didn't add the $1,225 for destination that will be added to the monroney sticker.
$60.000 is fine, but $67,300 which is what they're saying that they will probably ask for. I wish that I could switch it, but too late I know.

Good thing that I thought ahead. I have deposits all over the place for EV's and even a solar powered Aptera! I even did the F150 Lightening. My wife can't keep up, but they're all refundable so.....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Got my call the other day too. There’s 3 at my dealership with the other 2 going to (I think) the GM and sales manager as their personal vehicles.
Sales manager has assured me they will charge me MSRP and only additional charges / markup would be any that are required from corporate.
They did not have any sort of estimated delivery date.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Just clueless. Apparently the dealer got my name on a list. But seem to have no clue as to what it’s for. This is what I just got from them, text and email. An when I replied regarding my EV6 First Edition reservation..... crickets

Font Screenshot Terrestrial plant Number

Product Rectangle Font Screenshot Terrestrial plant

·
Registered
26 Posts
Jack, do you mind me asking which dealership in CT. I might try to have my car routed there (even though it's past the deadline) because I have a feeling my NY dealer is going to try and add in some ridiculous markup. If you don't feel comfortable posting it publicly then please feel free to message me.

Yes, this is exactly my fear and what I told Kia corporate when I called them. Once the dealer possesses the car they're in control of it and can sell it to whoever they want if I turn it down. I even reminded them that there's a waitlist for the car on the EV6 reservation site so if I turn it down because of the markup then technically it's supposed to go to someone on the waitlist but the dealer doesn't have to abide by that so they will sell it to whoever they want.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts