Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Will fly to pick up Yacht blue GT-Line EV6
3 Posts
The dealer is ripping them off
My dealer is charging MSRP you can by from a dealer like this and have it ship and still save $9,000
My local dealer had an FE GT-Line that opened due to a seller backing out. Dealer sent me the window sticker totaling $59,945 and quoted the sales price as $69,995. I'm sure they'll get it, just not from me - I'll wait until I can get my exact specs - Yacht blue GT-Line RWD (for range and dry road driving 99% of time here). Would definitely buy in another state to save that much. Road trip!

·
Registered
EV6 FE
47 Posts
How much over MSRP are you paying may I ask. You don't have to say, but some buyers report paying as much as $10k above MSRP. These early releases are telling of dealers, i.e., in honesty.
I called Kia customer support. We can file a complaint if the dealer charges a premium. Not sure how much Kia will step in. But buying a Tesla was a much positive experience. The issue is with Kia EV6 First Edition, we are stuck with he dealer. Hence they are having the nerve to charge a premium. It would be great if the forum members call Kia and Complaint. Tel # 1.800.333.4542 option @ 2 and then option # 5

·
Registered
254 Posts
Hi Jack, Would you mind telling us who your dealer is and the contact info? Thanks.
Hi Jack, Would you mind telling us who your dealer is and the contact info? Thanks.
dealer is BALISE Kia What’s Springfield Massachusetts CC Vesce(413-316-1573 She’s very nice give her a call
I have a thread on this form
Found a reputable dealer in Western Massachusetts
I would like to hear about your experience. Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
I can say dealers are definitely charging over MSRP. The sticker on my GT RWD was $11,000 over MSRP. I got them down $5,000 and bought the vehicle even though I really would have liked an AWD but I was told there weren't any coming to any dealers within the "region" in the next 3 months. I was also told it had a heat pump which was going to be beneficial since I live in Colorado. I realized the RWD doesn't have the heat pump, only the AWD has it. The delivery was terrible also. Before I left the dealership they helped me set up my phone and that was it. I've never owned an EV before and I was given no other instruction or information on owning/operating an EV prior to driving off the lot. All of that along with the upcharge and not having a heat pump on my vehicle was really discouraging after having it for a couple days. I went back to the dealership and told them I wanted to return the vehicle, knowing that probably wouldn't happen, or see what other options were available to me and the manager was very defensive. He told me they wouldn't be able to stay in business if they only charged MSRP. He said my only option was to trade the car for something else they had in stock. They of course didn't have the vehicle I wanted or I would have purchased it initially. In the end, he said there was nothing he could do for me. Then, my sales person walked up and asked how I was doing and I explained everything to her. She said they could order me the car I wanted and I could get it at MSRP. There wouldn't be an upcharge because it wouldn't be sitting on their lot with overhead. So that's what I did, I ordered the car I want, the GT line AWD with all the goodies. When it comes in I will trade in my GT line RWD. I'm sure I'm gonna get screwed because I paid essentially the same price for the RWD that I'll be paying for the AWD. I know I brought a lot of this grief on myself but on the flip side the dealerships are providing terrible customer service because these EV6's are in such high demand. Beware!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Yeah I'm in NJ and it's cold here but I will keep it in the garage charged & it's in a garage in the city. I'm in it for range & wouldn't road trip with it because I'm not sure how the charging would go. I see the videos of Tesla's in CA lined up.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I also believe you have a grace period if you don't want the car. The dealer is also full of it when it comes to "going out of business"
10 day grace period. head to the ev6 first edition webpage for the legal speak.
Depending on what state you are in there are no grace periods. For example I am in Illinois and we have do not have a "cooling off" period. When you leave the lot the car is yours. This varies from state to state.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Depending on what state you are in there are no grace periods. For example I am in Illinois and we have do not have a "cooling off" period. When you leave the lot the car is yours. This varies from state to state.
Yes, no grace period in Colorado either. This particular dealership offers 3 days but only to exchange for another vehicle on their lot which is what he was offering. I spoke with sales people at 3 different dealerships here in Colorado and have been very unimpressed with all of them. I'm not sure if it's because these EV6's are selling themselves and they don't have provide any kind of decent customer service or what.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts