Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the infotainment system it is possible to turn on your actual speed display being shown on the top left of the map. I had a Niro EV before and appreciated to watch GPS speed on the map which was 4 to 5 k.p.h. below speedometer speed.
But now in my EV6 the speed shown on the map is exactly the same as on the speedometer. Can a speedometer really be as exact?
Yesterday I checked GPS speed using "Speedometer-2" app on my Android phone. Surprise, surprise, GPS speed was 4 k.p.h. below speedometer and map display! I am wondering why my brand new EV6 can't show GPS speed on the map.
Is there any solution?

·
Registered
2022 EV6 GT 4wd
2 Posts
In the infotainment system it is possible to turn on your actual speed display being shown on the top left of the map. I had a Niro EV before and appreciated to watch GPS speed on the map which was 4 to 5 k.p.h. below speedometer speed.
But now in my EV6 the speed shown on the map is exactly the same as on the speedometer. Can a speedometer really be as exact?
Yesterday I checked GPS speed using "Speedometer-2" app on my Android phone. Surprise, surprise, GPS speed was 4 k.p.h. below speedometer and map display! I am wondering why my brand new EV6 can't show GPS speed on the map.
Is there any solution?
In Australia by law speedos have to read up to 10% faster than your actual speed and most manufacturers seem to go around the 4-5%. Guess they hope it will reduce drivers speeding which is quite annoying if you want to drive at the real speed limit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts