Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If (as is likely) I go for an EV6, my initial instinct is to go for the GT Line trim level.

However, I've been looking at what I'd get for the extra £4,500 that the GT Line S costs:
  • 20" wheels
  • Automatic door handles
  • Sunroof
  • Heated back seats
  • Ventilated front seats
  • Power tailgate
  • Meridian sound system
  • Head-up display
  • Remote smart park assist (RSPA)
  • 360-degree around view monitor
  • Blind-spot view monitor
  • Forward collision avoidance (FCA) - junction crossing
  • Parking collision-avoidance assist (PCA)
  • Highway driving assist 2 (HDA2)
The only downside is the reduced range: 313 miles vs 328 miles.

Of course, everything on this list is a "nice-to-have" - I'd be more than happy with the lower spec. So what I think it comes down to is whether the higher-spec car would hold its value any better? I tried looking at the final payment values on PCP plans as a guide, but it looks like that's purely based on the initial price, rather than the potential desirability of the spec.

What does anyone think? This would be the first time I've ever bought a brand-new car, so I've never had to think about this before!

·
Registered
90 Posts
If (as is likely) I go for an EV6, my initial instinct is to go for the GT Line trim level.

However, I've been looking at what I'd get for the extra £4,500 that the GT Line S costs:
  • 20" wheels
  • Automatic door handles
  • Sunroof
  • Heated back seats
  • Ventilated front seats
  • Power tailgate
  • Meridian sound system
  • Head-up display
  • Remote smart park assist (RSPA)
  • 360-degree around view monitor
  • Blind-spot view monitor
  • Forward collision avoidance (FCA) - junction crossing
  • Parking collision-avoidance assist (PCA)
  • Highway driving assist 2 (HDA2)
The only downside is the reduced range: 313 miles vs 328 miles.

Of course, everything on this list is a "nice-to-have" - I'd be more than happy with the lower spec. So what I think it comes down to is whether the higher-spec car would hold its value any better? I tried looking at the final payment values on PCP plans as a guide, but it looks like that's purely based on the initial price, rather than the potential desirability of the spec.

What does anyone think? This would be the first time I've ever bought a brand-new car, so I've never had to think about this before!
If you’ll be more then happy with the lower spec, you’ve answered your own question.

I’ve gone for the S because I think that list of kit for that money is a great deal.

Clearly the lower spec will command a lower price used than the S, so just pick the one you like most!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Don’t get me wrong - I think the extra kit is a bargain for the money. Would be nice to have the 19" wheels on the S, though.

£675 for a different colour, though - that's a bit steep, as most of them seem like standard finishes anyway. Luckily, I think the red looks pretty good, with a nice contrast with the black...

·
Registered
90 Posts
Don’t get me wrong - I think the extra kit is a bargain for the money. Would be nice to have the 19" wheels on the S, though.

£675 for a different colour, though - that's a bit steep, as most of them seem like standard finishes anyway. Luckily, I think the red looks pretty good, with a nice contrast with the black...
Yes, a number of people have wanted the option of 19” on the S with good reason.

I do wish Kia offered more colour choices. I didn’t fall in love with any of them.

·
Registered
102 Posts
From what I've read, the loss of range is due to the 20 inch wheels on the GT line S. I've ordered the S but if given the choice I would have chosen 19 inch wheels.:(
My winter wheels currently for my Bolt are 19 inch and might just work with the EV6, will double check. That said, I likely will consider swapping the summer rims for 19 inch just for the range bump.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I take back my comment about £675 for a paint job, after seeing the Model Y pricing page:

£1,100 if you don't want white - or £2,100 for red!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Finally got a test drive yesterday - loved it!

Like all demo cars, it was an RWD GT Line-S, which brings me to my one issue:

I'm 6'4" (193cm), and I was definitely aware of the roof and sunroof surround being close to my head. With careful adjustment of the driver's seat it was just about OK, but it was definitely there!

Has anyone been able to compare with and without a sunroof, and if is there any difference in the headroom? If it makes a noticeable difference I may go for the GT Line. There's a few bits of kit I'd miss on that spec, but no deal-breakers...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys, I have a quick question on the EV6 GT Line (Not GT Line S). The tailgate, I understand the GT Line S comes with the Kia Smart power tailgate which knows your there and opens type of thing, however, there is no talk of the tailgate for GT Line, does it have a close button? I see it has a tailgate handle of course and will open itself when you unlock it from the rear button, just wondering if it actually has a button to close or not?. Has anyone got a GT Line yet to verify?.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey guys, I have a quick question on the EV6 GT Line (Not GT Line S). The tailgate, I understand the GT Line S comes with the Kia Smart power tailgate which knows your there and opens type of thing, however, there is no talk of the tailgate for GT Line, does it have a close button? I see it has a tailgate handle of course and will open itself when you unlock it from the rear button, just wondering if it actually has a button to close or not?. Has anyone got a GT Line yet to verify?.
You only get the close button with the Power tailgate, which you'll only get on the GT Line S. GT Line gets manually operated tailgate.

Smart Power Tailgate:
Smart = opens when you hang around at the back of the car
Power = opens and closes electrically, by pressing a button

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Never bought a new car before - it's amazing how many choices there are to be made (even with Kia's limited option range!)...

So, the GT Line S is a no-go because of headroom - I need the non-sunroof variant.

Which got me thinking: do I just go for the GT Line, still in RWD, and save £4,500 - or, do I go with what I'd already decided to spend, and get the GT Line AWD? Could even throw in the heat pump, and still be just below the original GT Line S price point...

My brain tells me to save the money. But I am very tempted :devilish:

Will think on it overnight, before I put my order in with the dealer tomorrow...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts