Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
eAWD Steel Matte Gray w/ White Vegan
24 Posts
I would venture to say that the Markup is 7-9K. They are part of the Earnhardt Group and when I visited Earnhardt Kia a few months ago they told me 8K markup down to order the car. I walked out and went with dealer in KY with No Markup and very high allocation.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I would venture to say that the Markup is 7-9K. They are part of the Earnhardt Group and when I visited Earnhardt Kia a few months ago they told me 8K markup down to order the car. I walked out and went with dealer in KY with No Markup and very high allocation.
Which dealer in KY please?

·
Registered
2022 EV6 Wind AWD Tech package
76 Posts
I would pay the tax at the destination of sale and then I believe I pay the difference when I register the vehicle in Arizona
Interesting. Seems like dealers are managing overall market to avoid arbitrage. I paid a 7500 markup in NJ but did not pay sales tax. I calculated that based on that aspect it pretty much offsets. Currently the KY dealer is charging 58K for their ev6 without tax

·
Registered
eAWD Steel Matte Gray w/ White Vegan
24 Posts
looks like a 10k markup
View attachment 7989
Yikes! it doesn't surprise me. Strike while the iron is hot, as they say.

twcz3, I'm in the Phoenix area and have a Matte Gray on order. Question, how does the Matte Gray hold up in heat/sun? I mean, I understand you are in Flag, but you also get snow up there in winter. The Earnhardt Kia salesman a few months ago told me that the Matte Paint will last a few years until it starts to get compromised from the sun. I don't know if he was talking out of his ass, but I'm curious coming from a fellow AZ SMG owner.

·
Registered
F.E. 208/1500 Matte Gray
258 Posts
Yikes! it doesn't surprise me. Strike while the iron is hot, as they say.

twcz3, I'm in the Phoenix area and have a Matte Gray on order. Question, how does the Matte Gray hold up in heat/sun? I mean, I understand you are in Flag, but you also get snow up there in winter. The Earnhardt Kia salesman a few months ago told me that the Matte Paint will last a few years until it starts to get compromised from the sun. I don't know if he was talking out of his ass, but I'm curious coming from a fellow AZ SMG owner.
Make sure they don't touch your car with any decals, painted monograms, pinstripes unless you really want them. Kia just told the dealer not to touch it! I haven't noticed anything changing with the paint. Realistically I am technically closer to the sun being up here, you can actually burn really easy. You don't even know until its too late! There is a warranty that comes with the paint. I think its 36k miles, might be wrong, there is normal is a card with the car that talk about the care of the paint and warranty. I did Clear Matte PPF the hood and bumper, but before that I got 2 chips before hand, stones on the highway are unforgiving. So the sooner the better, get the hood and bumper in Clear Matte PPF. I heard that some get the car coated in ceramic too, maybe it keep it looking clean longer. I use the "chemical guy" with a foam canon to clean it. Lucky for you I hear they have their own store down in Phoenix. I cover it in the winter. The wheel wells just get filled with snow, its actually pretty bad. The ledge in the headlights fill with snow too, if your driving in snow for a long distance you might have to stop and clean them off cause it gets pretty bad. Hopefully they realize this and fix it in newer versions. Its a beautiful car and the paint always get complaints. I haven't had any issues with the A pillars lifting from the heat. I guess they have to take these off when replacing the windshield. Hopefully that's never an issue 🤞

1 - 12 of 12 Posts