Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have reserved an EV6 GT-2 few months ago at MSRP $63,684.95 which included a minus $500.00 for Military Veteran.

There are also fees for pack's. GT1 $3,000.00 and GT-2 $4000.00.
Are these fees come from KIA Canada or KIA Dealers?

Do you know what are included in these pack?

GT-1 Pack:

GT-2 Pack:

Many thanks

·
Registered
GT-Line 2 (initial 200)
716 Posts
Kia has all this comparison info on their website here:
2022 Kia EV6 Specs

If you go into the Build section it also has a quick summary of some of the differences as you choose different trims (RWD SR, RWD LR, AWD LR) and add-ons (GT-Line Pkg 1, GT-Line Pkg 2)

Edit to add: here's the brochure, too:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kia has all this comparison info on their website here:
2022 Kia EV6 Specs

If you go into the Build section it also has a quick summary of some of the differences as you choose different trims (RWD SR, RWD LR, AWD LR) and add-ons (GT-Line Pkg 1, GT-Line Pkg 2)

Edit to add: here's the brochure, too:
Thanks Robby-d... Have you received your GT-2? Gatineau KIA have one in stock since February. The owner of the vehicule is still under the sun in florida and will pick it up end of this month.
It is a RED one ... Honestly I was not impress by paint quality you could see the orange peel effect in paint. Causes of the orange peel effect in paint

Hope mine will be okay in 2023.

·
Registered
GT-Line 2 (initial 200)
716 Posts
Thanks Robby-d... Have you received your GT-2? Gatineau KIA have one in stock since February. The owner of the vehicule is still under the sun in florida and will pick it up end of this month.
It is a RED one ... Honestly I was not impress by paint quality you could see the orange peel effect in paint. Causes of the orange peel effect in paint

Hope mine will be okay in 2023.
ywc!

Yup, received mine Feb 25. Mine's blue and didn't notice any orange peel, paint has great reflection, smoothness, changes colour under different lighting, etc. And if it did have orange peel I wouldn't worry about it unduly, this car serves a different purpose than the Corvette I traded in for it. "Different strokes for different folks," though. :)

I'm more worried about the paint durability - I've already managed to scratch the front bumper just by moving something around in my garage, a few days before PPF is to be applied. 🤦‍♂️ My PPF installer thinks he can get it right out or the PPF will completely hide it. 🤞

In my opinion it's important to remember what this car is and what it is not. It's expensive because it's a cutting-edge long-range EV with decent power and LOTS of tech options, not because it's a nice sports car or luxury car. For me personally it's also a kid-mover, so I'm expecting it to not look perfect outside/inside after a few years of ownership. I'll do my best because I car about maintaining my cars' appearance, but I have to be realistic with myself :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ywc!

Yup, received mine Feb 25. Mine's blue and didn't notice any orange peel, paint has great reflection, smoothness, changes colour under different lighting, etc. And if it did have orange peel I wouldn't worry about it unduly, this car serves a different purpose than the Corvette I traded in for it. "Different strokes for different folks," though. :)

I'm more worried about the paint durability - I've already managed to scratch the front bumper just by moving something around in my garage, a few days before PPF is to be applied. 🤦‍♂️ My PPF installer thinks he can get it right out or the PPF will completely hide it. 🤞

In my opinion it's important to remember what this car is and what it is not. It's expensive because it's a cutting-edge long-range EV with decent power and LOTS of tech options, not because it's a nice sports car or luxury car. For me personally it's also a kid-mover, so I'm expecting it to not look perfect outside/inside after a few years of ownership. I'll do my best because I car about maintaining my cars' appearance, but I have to be realistic with myself :)
PPF is an expensive choice for this type of vehicle, with a full coverage costing approximately $4,500 to $6,000 depending on the thickness of the film chosen. In addition, PPF is a product that does not correct paint defects, scratches and angel hair if already there. You will have to treat them before applying PPF.

Your car will look great after the correction and application of the PPF film.

Please provide us with a picture when done.

·
Registered
GT-Line 2 (initial 200)
716 Posts
PPF is an expensive choice for this type of vehicle, with a full coverage costing approximately $4,500 to $6,000 depending on the thickness of the film chosen. In addition, PPF is a product that does not correct paint defects, scratches and angel hair if already there. You will have to treat them before applying PPF.

Your car will look great after the correction and application of the PPF film.

Please provide us with a picture when done.
Car's back in my garage and the PPF is "curing." If the weather's good tomorrow I'll pull it out and get a photo; hoping to give it a full wash and wax on the weekend (except not the PPF parts, the PPF is pre-coated with ceramic). I didn't mention, but I was only doing the hood, front bumper, and the black areas on the A/B/C pillars. The scratch is no longer visible. Multiple places quoted $5,500 for full PPF, and since this is essentially a family car, that's a hard no.

BTW, orange peel... I have to correct what I said before. I looked more closely and I was wrong, it's pretty orange-peeled. I didn't notice outdoors but under the shop lights it's way more obvious. The PPF installer also said that Kia/Hyundai lower prices by skimping on paint quality, and they're known for having really soft paint. Trade-offs, I guess.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts