Kia EV6 Forum banner

Are you happy with your decision to purchase an EV6?

• Very happy

Votes: 80 79.2%
  • Somewhat happy

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • Neutral

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Not happy/dissatisfied

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Made a big mistake purchasing

Votes: 1 1.0%
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

· Registered
80 Posts
You people who are lucky enough to have purchased an EV6 already. Are you glad that you bought one?
I like it but a few things that I wish were better such as the i-pedal always reverts back to level 3, I also do not believe it actually will get 310 miles range as according to some youtube vids the reality is about 250 range.

· Registered
56 Posts
Yes, it's the best car we've had and our third Kia, but that "best" comparison also includes a Merc, A Mitsubishi 3000GT, Nissan 300ZX, A Holden V6 supercharged Calais [fun and torquey but a guzzler!]. Even with my tailgate woes, it's still a joy to get in every time.

We have an AWD and our range seems to be a consistent 450km (280 miles), and we don't really temper our driving much (but also don't use "Sport" a lot. Just when out by myself and craving some fun...).

If only it were self-cleaning...

PS. I agree, some software annoyances, such as saving last drive mode and regen per profile would seem like a no-brainer. In Australia we don't get the Kia Connect app or OTA updates, which is pretty lame for a car of this ilk (and price). But these are all niggles.

· Registered
FE 1010 Glacier
36 Posts
Absolutely Love my FE
This is my third Kia - had 2011 Optima SX Turbo and 2020 Optima SX Turbo

So far, no issues at all
Was a bit scary the first couple weeks - all the chargers in the area (Chargepoint) were and for the most part, are still all broken.

Love the available power in Sport mode

I am no too hung up on range because I can always have a full “tank” when I need it.
In addition to driving by gas stations reading $3.95 and smiling as I do.

I can easily see me driving to Disney World one day using the free Electrify America charging.

· Registered
2022 Stinger, 2019 Sorento, 2017 Sportage
263 Posts
I am totally disappointed.......that I haven't gotten my own EV6. LOL. Sorry, don't mean to high-jack the thread. I have done alot of walking around them, driving some and I am kinda excited to discover what having the EV6 and a ev in general is all about, problems and all. I am not willing to get rid of my Stinger or wife's car, etc so I have to wait for the order to arrive at the dealer. Good thing too as I can save up on making my own lunches, not buying junk and maybe get a gig job to be able to make all the monthly payments. I am curious to see how people are responding to and living with there new car.

· Registered
Converse All Star Chuck Taylor Slip
119 Posts
I just hope the rest of the car will hold up (it’s my first Kia so I’m just not as familiar).
This is one major thing that’s preventing me from looking elsewhere. I’ve owned the Elantra (not a Kia, I know, but still the same family) since new. It was a fresh, complete redesign, so that makes me a Guinea pig. I’ve owned a lot of different brands over the years, including Toyota family products. The Hyundai, far and away, is the LEAST troublesome car I’ve ever owned. I have 65k on it now, and the only issue I’ve had was the door lock actuator, which was covered under warranty. No check engine lights, breakdowns, etc. I can’t say the same for other vehicles within that mileage range or timeframe.

I have high hopes that this carries through to the EV6.

· Registered
2022 EV6 GT-Line AWD Aurora Black Pearl
337 Posts
This is one major thing that’s preventing me from looking elsewhere. I’ve owned the Elantra (not a Kia, I know, but still the same family) since new. It was a fresh, complete redesign, so that makes me a Guinea pig. I’ve owned a lot of different brands over the years, including Toyota family products. The Hyundai, far and away, is the LEAST troublesome car I’ve ever owned. I have 65k on it now, and the only issue I’ve had was the door lock actuator, which was covered under warranty. No check engine lights, breakdowns, etc. I can’t say the same for other vehicles within that mileage range or timeframe.
Same here. My experience with Kia and Hyundai is that they're ridiculously reliable. There's a reason they have the longest warranty of any mainstream automaker. This is my fourth Kia/Hyundai, and my second "1st-year guinea pig" from them, and I expect the car to be as reliable as it is fun to drive.

· Registered
1,849 Posts

I have high hopes that this carries through to the EV6.
Same here. My experience with Kia and Hyundai is that they're ridiculously reliable. There's a reason they have the longest warranty of any mainstream automaker. This is my fourth Kia/Hyundai, and my second "1st-year guinea pig" from them, and I expect the car to be as reliable as it is fun to drive.
Thanks for easing my mind you two. It's definitely good to hear from previous/current owners of other Hyundai/Kia products to get a better feel for durability and longevity.

· Registered
2022 Stinger, 2019 Sorento, 2017 Sportage
263 Posts
Thanks for easing my mind you two. It's definitely good to hear from previous/current owners of other Hyundai/Kia products to get a better feel for durability and longevity.
I currently have three Kias and love them. I only have had one problem. My AC compressor went out in my 2017 Sportage, I bought it used and still was able to get it fixed under warranty and it has worked great. Ever Since, and the thing I like is you can get parts to fix them, it might be on production back-order but no weird supply chain.

· Registered
42 Posts
Super happy! I feel really lucky that we got an amazing trade in value, $7500 credit, and a 10 year warranty on our 1st EV we’ve ever purchased and by far the nicest car I’ve ever owned. Really fun to drive, really techy but not intimidating, just great all around. I’ve got a 40 mile work commute and I do it with a smile

· Registered
41 Posts
I like it but a few things that I wish were better such as the i-pedal always reverts back to level 3, I also do not believe it actually will get 310 miles range as according to some youtube vids the reality is about 250 range.
I have the RWD. My freeway range at temps between 50-70 degrees F and 65 mph are averaging 290 miles. 20% freeway 80 % city 325-345 miles at those same temps.

· Registered
338 Posts
While I'm currently not in an EV6, I'm looking forward to stepping up in my relatively pedestrian Nissan Leaf. I figure after several months of life with an EV, it should be easier to jump into something that offers more. One thing that will ring true for all EVs in general is just not having to worry about all the maintenance involved with an ICE. For you guys that bought in this year, just wait until the tax incentive kicks in, and you're really going to enjoy ownership.

Yes, it's the best car we've had and our third Kia, but that "best" comparison also includes a Merc, A Mitsubishi 3000GT, Nissan 300ZX, A Holden V6 supercharged Calais [fun and torquey but a guzzler!]. Even with my tailgate woes, it's still a joy to get in every time.
Holden eh? Part of me really wishes that I had held onto mine. The only problem is I wanted a manual transmission, and this one wasn't. This was actually my 2nd. My first was a "Monaro". Damn shame what they're calling Holden these days.

Wheel Tire Car Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle

· Registered
35 Posts
Absolutely love it. We had a 2013 Leaf that my 17 year old son totaled. Going from a Leaf to an EV6 is night and day. The EV6 is my daily driver. He now has his grandparents’ 2000 Camry as his car. I also had a 2014 Cadenza with every option, which in itself was an incredible car. This EV6 has surpassed my already high expectations. Can’t wait for the EV9 to start production. I will immediately place an order for that.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts