Kia EV6 Forum banner

Are you happy with your decision to purchase an EV6?

• Very happy

Votes: 80 79.2%
  • Somewhat happy

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • Neutral

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Not happy/dissatisfied

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Made a big mistake purchasing

Votes: 1 1.0%
21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 Wind AWD
30 Posts
I traded in a 2021 Acura TLX and I couldn’t be happier with my decision. This car is fun to drive, super quiet, not to mention the outstanding difference in fuel cost. I was spending between 350 and $400 a month in gas with my TLX. I’ve had my EV6 exactly one month so I haven’t gotten a full electric bill yet but all of the projections show that it should only be about a $50 increase. That along with other positive factors confirm that I made a great decision.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Overall happy with it minus a few things I learned about EVs and cold weather. But I see a divorce coming.

Drove the BMW iX yesterday. Yes is starts at $23K more than a loaded GT. But it is on another planet, wow. Very cool where EVs are going.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Absolutely love it. We had a 2013 Leaf that my 17 year old son totaled. Going from a Leaf to an EV6 is night and day. The EV6 is my daily driver. He now has his grandparents’ 2000 Camry as his car. I also had a 2014 Cadenza with every option, which in itself was an incredible car. This EV6 has surpassed my already high expectations. Can’t wait for the EV9 to start production. I will immediately place an order for that.
I've heard a lot of people say that the Leaf is really pedestrian, which I can somewhat agree. I think a lot of people were driving the lesser powered Leaf, which makes even more sense. The SL plus I'm currently in, while no where near the features of the EV6, is still pretty stout off the line. I think the larger battery really helps. I tend to get off the line relatively quick, which tends to surprise people given how basic the Leaf looks.

All that considered, I'm still patiently waiting for my EV6 to be ordered. I'm still in a holding pattern with my dealership.

·
Registered
924 Posts
I'm happy that I chose to buy an EV6 as my very first EV; not only that, it is the most expensive automobile I have purchased up to this point--$60K plus taxes/fees/financing, although after various tax credits and EV-specific rebates the actual cost will be $10250 lower so technically based on that criteria it is not the most money I've had to spend on purchasing a vehicle.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Love the car, best decision. Bought after a year of owning a used electric Soul. The quality and consistency of the power train on the 6 year old Kia sold me. Pros include the peace, the acceleration despite the heft, all the auto gadgets, the styling, the room, and the quality. The cons so far are the seats that look better than they feel, door handles hard to work one-handed, and the transitions between eco-normal-sport could be smoother. Otherwise fantastic car that I think will age very well.

·
Registered
Red GT LIne AWD, 2014 Yamaha FJR 1300
116 Posts
I love the car! It is the best car I have ever owned. This is my first EV. It is my third Kia. I owned a Sephia (back when Kia first came to the US) and Optima a few years after that.

·
Registered
271 Posts
The car is joy to drive, every time I get in I get a huge smile on my face.
It outperformes itself and is better then I imagined. I love it.

Also the lane assist and adaptive cruise are working fine on the highway and excellent during traffic jams.

Only one whish left, auto-lock when I leave the car and keep the car unlocked in circle of 2m around the car. It now locks when I walk past driver door and go to the back of the car. When you wash the car it will go crazy with locking, unlocking.

But that is a minor issue, the driving part is fantastic

·
Registered
210 Posts
The minor annoyances I have are pretty much standard with all modern cars, nothing particularly specific to EVs or the EV6.

Having said that, I'm very happy with the car. I love it. This is the 21st car I've owned in my life (driving 46 years and probably close to a million miles by now) and my first EV.

It's the quietest car I've ever owned. It turns heads and starts conversations. It's interior and exterior is stylish and modern and I feel good driving it.

The acceleration is waaay faster and handling better than any car I've owned.

And I've not bought a drop of gasoline in 3.5 months! It's hard to overstate what that feels like. I've gassed-up my cars thousands of times, never making it more than two weeks, max. It's a weird feeling now, that a life long habit is gone.

They say that simply driving an EV is the number one thing that convinces people to buy. I can believe it. ICE drivers don't know what they're missing.

·
Registered
44 Posts
100% love! We have about 6k on ours and always get great range (last full charge to 100% had a range of 356).. obviously it won't get that, but happy with the range as it has exceeded our expectations. Its like a spaceship, its fast, stylish and turns lots of heads. Not getting gas ever is a bonus. we drive a lot locally and its not uncommon to do 250-300 per day so this car is perfect for us..

·
Registered
22 EV6 Gravity Blue AWD
19 Posts
I love the car as well. This is my second Kia , the first being an 18 Kia Stinger GT2 which I also loved. There are couple of issues with the software that I would change given the option but performance and comfort are wonderful. Just curious though, someone voted it was a mistake but didn't voice (or type) what the issue was.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts