Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 87 Posts

· Registered
422 Posts
So I was considering a K5 for my son and an EV6 for myself. Does anybody think it would be possible/legal to “discount” a used 2022 EV6 to exactly 25,000 and “market adjust” whatever the discount was onto to K5 to get the 4K rebate in 2024 (EV needs to be two years old)?
No, and a dealer wouldn't risk that.

· Registered
422 Posts
Failure is only one problem - degradation to 75% is bad enough that you are losing a pile of range.

If you follow EVs.. you will know that Tesla Model S from 2012-2014 are now out of warranty and it's very common for the battery to be severely degraded and you will hear dozens of stories about battery failures around the 100K-120K mark. That's why there are companies who build refurbished packs like wk057 (057 Technology) for Model Ss. Of course the packs aren't cheap - around $25K I think.

View attachment 11401

Also.. Kias tradtionally had poor depreciation. If you've been an owner long enough it's just part of ownership. Toyota owners are smug about their resale values but Kias until maybe the Telluride... had crap depreciation and much of it was due to the GDI engines that drank oil and seized (and also audio system failures which are only warranted for 36K miles - I had one fail at 35K then again at 100K).
This is why you get a 150K+ mile warranty that specifies degradation acceptance.

Also, Tesla makes trash cars and plays loose and fast with literally everything. There is a reason 2012-2014 Model S have issues.

2012-2014 Volt's don't.

1 - 4 of 87 Posts