Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
GT-Line.
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a headlamp question
It seems that the US version doesn't have 'tiny little clusters' in them like other markets. Is it my eyes or are they the same?

US Spec
Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting

EU Spec

Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Vehicle Car

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 First Edition Steel Gray Matte
306 Posts
It still doesn't make sense. My Countryman has these lights with the small elements(below). I'm still confused about how the non-US specs are that much different?
View attachment 1728
Lights, added side deflector, and some features that they have in Korea like the Dashcam recording, and chauffeur side buttons where you can move the driver and passenger seats. I dont even thing we have a button for relaxation mode judging from this pic below :( it's the standard adjustment buttons I have on my 2011 Kia Optima Hybrid. I don't even think we have sequential turn signals. The back from watching the video, it's all chromed out. Then again, he did mention it was a pre production model so maybe it's not final.

Vehicle Car Steering part Car seat cover Automotive design

·
Registered
637 Posts
It still doesn't make sense. My Countryman has these lights with the small elements(below). I'm still confused about how the non-US specs are that much different?
The adaptive beams which aren't yet legal in the US have many individual elements which are able to shape the beam pattern around oncoming cars. The US headlights will presumably be the same as the "base" model reflector beams in other markets,not the adaptive beams that the upper trims get. The EV6 also has no fog or cornering lights (other than the rear fog). That's not due to regulations, they just didn't include them. There is more extensive discussion in this thread.

·
Registered
GT-Line.
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Lights, added side deflector, and some features that they have in Korea like the Dashcam recording, and chauffeur side buttons where you can move the driver and passenger seats. I dont even thing we have a button for relaxation mode judging from this pic below :( it's the standard adjustment buttons I have on my 2011 Kia Optima Hybrid. I don't even think we have sequential turn signals. The back from watching the video, it's all chromed out. Then again, he did mention it was a pre production model so maybe it's not final.

View attachment 1730
I believe the Genesis models carry over the chauffer side seat controls. If the KDM (Korean Domestic Model) headlamps are plug and play installation it might be easy to do it yourself.

·
Registered
GT-Line 2 (initial 200)
716 Posts
Here's the front turn signal (non-sequential):

EDIT: In retrospect I'm not certain. That might be the hazard lights; in that first US video by the guy who clearly didn't do his homework ("R-something - Rizzi?) he had the hazards on and they just blinked solid. This video only shows one turn signal so it may be the hazard lights...?

@jamisonl if you jump to 2:35 in this video it shows the US model has fully-reclining seats

·
Registered
306 Posts
Here's the front turn signal (non-sequential):

EDIT: In retrospect I'm not certain. That might be the hazard lights; in that first US video by the guy who clearly didn't do his homework ("R-something - Rizzi?) he had the hazards on and they just blinked solid. This video only shows one turn signal so it may be the hazard lights...?

@jamisonl if you jump to 2:35 in this video it shows the US model has fully-reclining seats

I'm not saying it doesn't fully recline, it doesn't have the other button where it will fully recline it. Raiti's video shows the regular buttons on the side where you'd have to hold down till it fully reclines. In Raiti's video, if you look closely the back lower turn signal lights are chromed out vs light white so it's not an active turn signal. The active turn signal is the top red light bar for left and right.

·
Registered
GT-Line 2 (initial 200)
716 Posts
I'm not saying it doesn't fully recline, it doesn't have the other button where it will fully recline it. Raiti's video shows the regular buttons on the side where you'd have to hold down till it fully reclines. In Raiti's video, if you look closely the back lower turn signal lights are chromed out vs light white so it's not an active turn signal. The active turn signal is the top red light bar for left and right.
I'm genuinely curious - if it doesn't have the button, how would someone fully-recline it? It would be interesting as an Infotainment option but I don't think the seats are connected in that way.

Assuming you're correct about the seat button, most likely either that model was an unusual one or the system was redesigned slightly, button-wise.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I'm genuinely curious - if it doesn't have the button, how would someone fully-recline it? It would be interesting as an Infotainment option but I don't think the seats are connected in that way.

Assuming you're correct about the seat button, most likely either that model was an unusual one or the system was redesigned slightly, button-wise.
its just the regular seat adjustment button where you hold it to fully recline it. There is no dedicated button like the international version.

·
Registered